Hot Toys Barbossa?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incredibly surprised they haven't released one thus far. As someone who's slowly trying to have some key 'hero/villain' groupings among my HT collection, this would be at the top of my list!

I would pick him up in a flash. But I would love a POTC1 version of him. Also love a Bkackbeard!

Would love to get him. Love the character, and Rush, so for now I have to look at the pathetic plastic 6" piece :(

1477492_10152110235857269_565405042_n.jpg

I missed out on the DX Jack Sparrow. From stock pictures I've seen, it looks brilliant! I wish/hope they would make a 2.0 version and have a Barbossa, and why not, even a Davy Jones figure. I think those could be nice.

Anyone here get that Barbossa sculpt and gear from Rocco? Curious how the sculpt is.

I'm trying to decide if I want to try to build a Barbossa or a Cursed Barbossa (with the new COOModel skeleton).

I've got a bunch of pics of my buildup using Rocco's kit here, if it helps:

Captain Hector Barbossa (Pirates of the Caribbean) | thecapn's Customsthecapn's Customs

It is a pretty great sculpt, and it was a BLAST to paint, with all the veins, mottled skin, and patchy hair. Jack the monkey was fun to do too.

I will say that Rocco has mentioned taking a second go at it, with a better clothing option and a new sculpt, but I haven't heard anything about it in a few months. You can go back and read through the thread, but there was a big hassle in getting the clothing set, and a lot of "he-said-she-said" going on. Drama, plain and simple. The clothing set wasn't perfect, but if you can get your hands on it, it's not bad.

He turned out awesome.

If he does a 2.0 I'll bite b/c not having Barbossa and having all the other POTC releases sucks! :lol

image.jpg
image.jpg

Would like to change the undershirt as the collar is too stiff have to weather the face some more but it's a great sculpt

Last edited:
Back