Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What type of display case are people using for this? Are people using custom cabinets or ready made? How about fish tanks?

What type of display case are people using for this? Are people using custom cabinets or ready made? How about fish tanks?

I managed to get an ex shop display counter, added some fabric and LEDs and presto. I hear people use fish tanks mostly though

A.jpg

Looking at the new photos of the new Part II Marty McFly, I noticed on the Hot Toys official Facebook page, they've include a shot of Marty with the DeLorean in the background.

View attachment 374616

That's clearly the new Part II hover converted Time Machine. One thing that's very, very, very wrong, are those exhaust pipes (only one pictured). That is not stock, nor is it on any of the actual screen-used DeLorean Time Machines. That type of exhaust pipe would have come from a replica fan built DeLorean Time Machine. Sorry if I'm sounding too picky, but I sure hope Hot Toys fixes that, and uses the same type of tailpipe like they did on the Part I car.

**EDIT - Upon better examination of that image, I've come to the conclusion that it's not a Hot Toys DeLorean at all, but a photo of an actual replica Time Machine. Too many rivets in the gullwing door, gas strut clearly seen on the drivers side door, which is not on the 1/6 car. Plus the wheel is chrome, and not an original DeLorean alloy rim (as used in the films). My bad.

By the way, siuping, the photographer is to my knowledge one of a few bloggers, who get's promo/early bird figures from Hot Toys, to take promo pics.
The photographers are not allowed to alter the figures in photoshop, etc. (exceptions might be some fighting FX or laser beams,etc.) but they can use backgrounds ,if they find them appropriate. I think it's still a cool photo though :)

Just pulled the trigger on this, hopefully it will be the first thing i get in 2018. I doubt the hover version is happening.

Damn, this is a good idea. Did you get it from a closing store? I've been using a fish tank, but now with both Martys it is getting a bit crowded.

The store was selling it as they had bought some newer counters. There wasnt anything wrong with it really. It just needed a little clean and i added the black fabric/lights myself. I would have gone the fishtank route but they wrre selling the counter for £20... no brainer really

Im guessing something like this ;)

As i suspected (since marty just about fits in) it looks as though doc wont fit in with the door closed.

25531985_10155124830487344_6376229844698943777_o.jpg
25394837_10155124832437344_4931186058962594540_o.jpg

Marty must be one of the shortest figures HT make (Yoda aside) and he still seems a tight squeeze. HT really should have taken into account that collectors would want to put their Doc into the car. Considering that allowance for taller drivers was of prime importance in the real DeLorean design (John DeLorean was 6'4) it seems odd that interior space is even an issue. I wonder if the interior dimensions are a bit off.

I think it's just the fact the seats are plastic and the figures can't sink into them the way a real person would. And they probably pushed the seat back further for Lloyd as well, which we can't do with this car.

Personally I want to display both Doc and Marty standing outside the car. What I'd really love is to have an Einstein to put inside the car.

Back