Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm probably going to order the light blue wire and give this a shot.

Looks fairly simple. Does it have the option not to flash?

Looks like it has 2 modes: Steady on and flashing

Only drawbacks is everyone says it has a high frequency hum when on and it drains the batteries quick.

Last edited:
After making the upper back and front bumpers colors more movie accurate, I found some awesome pics of the 'A' car restoration. So I decided to replicate the wiring (color and layout). The one by Hot Toys is far from accurate. ;)

Reference Pics:

20160912_164346_001.jpg
20160912_213912.jpg
20160912_213827.jpg

New wiring applied:
20160912_213932.jpg
20160912_213802.jpg
20160912_213629.jpg
20160912_214047.jpg
20160912_213704.jpg

Hey guys! I wanted to share with you our new project, Statue Base. A new youtube review show we try to do with the same passion we have for collecting. We are a bunch of friends who run a collectible gallery in Europe. We used our premises to shoot a first couple of episodes. Please, check it out, we looked closely at the DeLorean and Marty McFly. We'd appreciate any and all feedback. (English subtitles are available, just switch them on if they do not show automatically). Have a great day.

Thing is they are blue, even when they move to CGI they are blue. I do vaguely remember someone said they were white but appeared blue but I cant remember who said it or when. I would go with a blue myself or a lighter shade of blue if possible

That's why I chose light blue so it's a little more whitish blue. The regular blue is just a bit too dark for my taste.

Probably a wise move. I've done mine white, but it makes little difference and is down to taste.

Thing is they are blue, even when they move to CGI they are blue. I do vaguely remember someone said they were white but appeared blue but I cant remember who said it or when. I would go with a blue myself or a lighter shade of blue if possible

Sorry to correct you here - but they are 100% white. They appear blue on film, so that's what most people go for - the on screen look.

Sorry to correct you here - but they are 100% white. They appear blue on film, so that's what most people go for - the on screen look.

It's the old brown/blue Hoth Han argument. Actual prop is brown but printed blue on film. For my money I always go with how it looks "on film" because that's how it appears in people's minds when they recollect the film.

It's the old brown/blue Hoth Han argument. Actual prop is brown but printed blue on film. For my money I always go with how it looks "on film" because that's how it appears in people's minds when they recollect the film.

It's not an argument. And it's nothing like the Han Hoth jacket as that was very subtle. This isn't. The bands are obviously blue on film. I'm just pointing out that they're white in real life. I'm not doing the mods for anyone else but myself and my own collection. I'm not selling them or trying to impress anyone.

Lightning hook coming along very nicely. The closest to screen accurate Ive seen. Still needs a little minor extra detail but overall, loving it. A massive thanks to the guy (who wishes to remain anonymous) for some of the parts and excellent work done on them , especially the bungee cords.

20160917_165546.jpg
20160917_165600.jpg
20160917_165608.jpg
20160917_165617.jpg
20160917_165130.jpg
20160917_164808.jpg
20160917_165049.jpg

thank's, you can see my "how to" here : View attachment 292128

I have a question. Just got the EL wire and I am trying to figure out from your diagram how to feed the wire around the metal mesh frames. What size hole did you drill into each of the black fastener brackets to feed the wire through? Did you remove the end cap from the tip of the EL wire in order to feed it through the holes?

EDIT: NVM figured it out. Mod is coming along quite nicely. :) Just need to figure out where to hide the battery compartment.

Last edited:
yes i remove the end cap ;)
and size hole is 2.5mm (wire 2.3mm)

to hide the battery with more facility you can just use one only 3v button cell ;)

So if bats could go for a quickride do you think he would alter his past and save his parents ??? and then not become bats or would he still be batman idk ???:dunno:lol

So if bats could go for a quickride do you think he would alter his past and save his parents ??? and then not become bats or would he still be batman idk ???:dunno:lol

Batman wouldn't do that. That would wipe out all the good he has ever done as Batman.
He would leave things as they are, secure in the knowledge that the world is a better place with him there.

Has there been any news or rumors concerning the hover conversion Delorean? I can't afford two, so I hope I don't end up with none.

Batman wouldn't do that. That would wipe out all the good he has ever done as Batman.
He would leave things as they are, secure in the knowledge that the world is a better place with him there.

Good Answer Barry. I guess he would take a hard look at all his hard work and sacrifice and make the difficult right choice and say goodbye and not change anything. I was just thinking about this after moved my delorean next to my 89 ride. ha ha I guess the Flash is the only one to dare play with the timeline for now. I do LOVE in the 11-22-63 Stephen King T.V series of preventing J.F.K assanation that even if you try n change something the PAST Timeline would try PUSH BACK you from changing something which i thought was very cool concept. Like a unknown problem would stop you or arrise at the moment in time you wanted to change.

Good Answer Barry. I guess he would take a hard look at all his hard work and sacrifice and make the difficult right choice and say goodbye and not change anything. I was just thinking about this after moved my delorean next to my 89 ride. ha ha I guess the Flash is the only one to dare play with the timeline for now. I do LOVE in the 11-22-63 Stephen King T.V series of preventing J.F.K assanation that even if you try n change something the PAST Timeline would try PUSH BACK you from changing something which i thought was very cool concept. Like a unknown problem would stop you or arrise at the moment in time you wanted to change.

The book is incredible, and goes into a lot more detail.
I picture Batman thinking about it for a minute, then dismissing it. If he went back to even watch, he would have to intervene. Or... Perhaps he is strong enough to go back and watch silently...
Most likely he would buy the tech from Doc for a billion dollars and the Delorean would be in the batcave as a curio.

Ha ha if he did keep it in the batcave i could see it hidden away as a last resort saving for just in case type of thing. Bats love's to be prepared for anything.

Back