Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ill toot it for you. Its great. Im still trying to locate a rod piece that is 3.5mm to 4mm and that is long enough. I have got some bamboo bbq skewers but cant think or a great way to secure the sticks together to get the length required :(
I went down to my local hobby shop. They sell wood dowl in various sizes. That's where I found mine.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

May I ask what gauge wire you used? I'm planning on doing the same thing.

I used 7-Strand Tinned Copper 0.2mm Wire. Colours I got were grey, yellow, green, red and blue. If youre in the UK, search ebay listing number 151320037891. I still cant believe how much better the interior is starting to look

I went down to my local hobby shop. They sell wood dowl in various sizes. That's where I found mine.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip. Will check my locals tomorrow.

I used 7-Strand Tinned Copper 0.2mm Wire. Colours I got were grey, yellow, green, red and blue. If youre in the UK, search ebay listing number 151320037891. I still cant believe how much better the interior is starting to look

Brilliant. Thank you!

No worries. Im surprised no one has done this yet, well Ive not seen anyone do this yet anyhow.

I talked about it in the other thread, and others mentioned it.

Me personally, I'm building up parts and ideas to do it all in one hit.

HERE But no one has posted for a long while.

Oh, and I've had the parts for the flux bands for a month or so now. Gonna look good when they're glowing.

HERE But no one has posted for a long while.

Oh, and I've had the parts for the flux bands for a month or so now. Gonna look good when they're glowing.

I just added some pics there. What does one need for light up flux bands? and how would you supply power to them? Its not something I felt the need to do myself but if its easy enough I will probably do it

I bought EL wire. The metal/plastic bands need to be modded by drilling small holes before fitting.

I'm going to power the whole lot off a separate supply once I get around to it.

I bought EL wire. The metal/plastic bands need to be modded by drilling small holes before fitting.

I'm going to power the whole lot off a separate supply once I get around to it.

Yeah, I wouldnt be comfortable drilling into the car at all. So i guess thats me out on that front. Thanks for the info though

It's not for the faint-hearted. You don't need to drill into the car itself, but the plastic mounts behind the flux bands, which are hidden once they're fitted anyway. I'll take some pictures when I do it. Like I said - I'm doing all the mods at the same time.

Word of advice if anyone else attempts this mod. There is a gap in the footwell where the wires can tuck into so they stay at the right height (for the central console wires) but be careful as there are 2 wires there that I guess powers the flux capacitor and back panel lights. The dash is hollow so the wires that wrap round the dash by the door can bend up and into the dash very easily and there is more than enough room behind the seats for the wires to rest. The set that runs along the floor by the door just sit there really.

It's not for the faint-hearted. You don't need to drill into the car itself, but the plastic mounts behind the flux bands, which are hidden once they're fitted anyway. I'll take some pictures when I do it. Like I said - I'm doing all the mods at the same time.

Ah, I know what you mean. HHHmmm, I may attempt it, but as I said, i can probably live without it. I look forward to seeing your outcome.

One wheel down, three to go. Decals by bad mother tattoos

20160531_145553.jpg

Back