Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be screen accurate? This build of the car has the lightning rod adapter from 1955, a time the car did not have the license plate.

7d020ea25a3e51f546b9a369543069ba.jpg

Had these decals made. Was told I couldn't get a more accurate outline style. But still not bad. I think the EAGLE is a little too big.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

231b17544de4a433337041a1f072f86a.jpg

They are stick on style. I've got another guy trying to do outline letters. So we will see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Looks good although large as you said. I look forward to seeing how the improvements may turn out.

Riverside Drive. It's on the other end of town, a block past Maple.

They've closed, bud. He'll have to go east side to 'Julie's Lightning Rod Emporium'. They're across the street from 'Plutonium R Us".

Passenger side looking a bit better. Just adding in some wires makes quite a difference. No glue or adhesive was required.

I will be weathering the wires to make them look a bit more grubby and Im not sure yet, but may change the cable ties to something else. Tomorrow, the drivers side and I have worked out where the wires will connect on the dashboard, although they wont be fixed there permanently. Im hoping it will look like they are but wont know till I try. It will be fiddly, even more so since I have my arm in a cast.

It looks better in person and without the flash but with the flash, it shows what Ive done.

20160531_170718.jpg
20160531_170737.jpg
20160531_170811.jpg
20160531_173301.jpg
20160531_180233.jpg
20160531_173228.jpg

I don't like to toot my own horn. But mines pretty freggin accurate.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Ill toot it for you. Its great. Im still trying to locate a rod piece that is 3.5mm to 4mm and that is long enough. I have got some bamboo bbq skewers but cant think or a great way to secure the sticks together to get the length required :(

If you hadn't said anything I would have mistaken that for the real deal. Or someone's 1:1 replica at least. Outstanding work, sirdoctor!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ill toot it for you. Its great. Im still trying to locate a rod piece that is 3.5mm to 4mm and that is long enough. I have got some bamboo bbq skewers but cant think or a great way to secure to sticks together to get the length required :(
I doubt it would be thick enough, but I used a wire hanger for one if my 1:18 DeLorean models. That at least can be straightened more or less. How long should it be?

If you hadn't said anything I would have mistaken that for the real deal. Or someone's 1:1 replica at least. Outstanding work, sirdoctor!

Thanks. As you can see in the last pic, just looking at the passenger side from the drivers side, the extra wires have made it look better 10 fold. Its a simple mod and im hoping the guy who did those floormats actually does them in the correct colour. Those mats will make my work look even greater

I doubt it would be thick enough, but I used a wire hanger for one if my 1:18 DeLorean models. That at least can be straightened more or less. How long should it be?

It needs to be around 50cm long as per ketcheson3 pics. My skewers are 40cm long. Doh! The hole the rod goes in is 4mm in diameter or just over. I think a 3mm diameter rod will work but I think it may be too narrow myself.

70d7d379cd71db9168c3546f21c07361.jpg
8d55dd7cda863a3aa61d512070b4b859.jpg

These are the pictures I used to determine the size. Than measured my 1/6 scale delorean.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Thanks. As you can see in the last pic, just looking at the passenger side from the drivers side, the extra wires have made it look better 10 fold.

May I ask what gauge wire you used? I'm planning on doing the same thing.

Back