Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the real one(s) had dark grey carpet mats. A lot of replicas have black.

In fact, a quick look at the movie shows they are indeed grey. . .

Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 13.57.14.jpg

When I get home I will check the adapter and let people know.

:wave

I fried the Hosa adapter I picked up from Amazon trying to guess at the polarity; I suppose I choose poorly. After trying to plug it into the DeLorean and turning it on, the green light on the adapter stopped lighting up, so I likely fried it. Thankfully the lights still came on with batteries. I had Amazon exchange the adapter, and I have yet to plug it in because nobody seems to know if it's positive or negative, heh. Emailed Hot Toys, but never expected an answer. Curious what you have yours set to.

I was about to spend my hard earned cash on the DeLorean and then I saw this video. I don't really know the guy in it but he seems to know his stuff, plus I've made some research and comparisons to images of the actual car myself.

For an $800+ investment, Hot Toys really seemed to have skimped on a lot of things. If this was on a smaller scale, the inaccuracies would have been forgivable, but on a bigger scale, I'll just go crazy noticing them every time I'll look at this piece.

Okay, okay, you can say I'm really nitpicking like the guy on the video, but this is me and unfortunately, the scale is tipping over the 'no buy' side for me. Here's hoping the 'hover conversion' version is bit more accurate...if that thing is indeed coming out.

Congrats to all who have it though. It's truly an epic looking piece (when viewed with more forgiving eyes), especially with the Marty figure leaning on it.

Pardon my ignorance but if you have this running on the power supply and it works, is there any chance of the leds failing ? ie would it be instant as soon as you turn the power supply on ?

Mines running on a uk 3 prong power supply with a voltage selector .

Thanks

I fried the Hosa adapter I picked up from Amazon trying to guess at the polarity; I suppose I choose poorly. After trying to plug it into the DeLorean and turning it on, the green light on the adapter stopped lighting up, so I likely fried it. Thankfully the lights still came on with batteries. I had Amazon exchange the adapter, and I have yet to plug it in because nobody seems to know if it's positive or negative, heh. Emailed Hot Toys, but never expected an answer. Curious what you have yours set to.

Hosa was one of the three brands I purchased from Amazon. I fried 2 brand new Hosa units! Luckily I returned all 3 brands for a full refund.

I was about to spend my hard earned cash on the DeLorean and then I saw this video. I don't really know the guy in it but he seems to know his stuff, plus I've made some research and comparisons to images of the actual car myself.

For an $800+ investment, Hot Toys really seemed to have skimped on a lot of things. If this was on a smaller scale, the inaccuracies would have been forgivable, but on a bigger scale, I'll just go crazy noticing them every time I'll look at this piece.

Okay, okay, you can say I'm really nitpicking like the guy on the video, but this is me and unfortunately, the scale is tipping over the 'no buy' side for me. Here's hoping the 'hover conversion' version is bit more accurate...if that thing is indeed coming out.

Congrats to all who have it though. It's truly an epic looking piece (when viewed with more forgiving eyes), especially with the Marty figure leaning on it.

I watched that video, and it made me even more excited about getting the HT Delorean! Perspective is a funny thing. :)

Can any kind souls enlighten us all over this mystery adapter situation please.
If anyone in the UK as got this working OK with a adaptor could they advise which one and where purchased from please.

Can any kind souls enlighten us all over this mystery adapter situation please.
If anyone in the UK as got this working OK with a adaptor could they advise which one and where purchased from please.

I got a uk adapor and have it working. il have a look and point you in the right direction. The only thing with mine is the part wheere is plugs into the delorean is longer on mine as it has multiple attachments for fitting.... You only notice it if your looking underneath .

I just want to know once you have this working, is it then safe or could it still blow out ...?

I have not used my adapter yet. Is there a polarity tester or DMM that can separately test if the polarity of the car female jack and adapter male plug correspond?

Finally got my case. A friend of mine was selling a 75gal aquarium tank. So here it is.
image.jpg

DSC05900.jpg

DSC05912.jpg

DSC05908.jpg

The DeLorean is amazing! Was hoping for more detail inside the car, but it's still a really impressive piece.

I noticed that the four wires at the engine were really long on both sides and looped all over the place. Small detail, I know, but is there a "movie-accurate" way of routing the wires and plugging them in?

image.jpg

It is gutting I am not going to finish off the BTTF lineup, but seeing the problems people have been having with the delorean, I am selling my Marty. If anyone is interested in this piece its a surpise how difficult it is too move on despite its gone to waitlist. I may look into the part 2 lineup when ever it is released

It's still available through Sideshow, not on waitlist. I've gone back and forth on getting it. I really want it but I have no place for it currently. I just worry that when it does sell out there may not be another and I'll never get one unless it's second-hand. I'm glad to at least have Marty though but I wish we could get Doc too.

It is gutting I am not going to finish off the BTTF lineup, but seeing the problems people have been having with the delorean, I am selling my Marty. If anyone is interested in this piece its a surpise how difficult it is too move on despite its gone to waitlist. I may look into the part 2 lineup when ever it is released

It's still available through Sideshow, not on waitlist. I've gone back and forth on getting it. I really want it but I have no place for it currently. I just worry that when it does sell out there may not be another and I'll never get one unless it's second-hand. I'm glad to at least have Marty though but I wish we could get Doc too.

He was talking about Marty, not the DMC...

Back