Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got mine today and it's incredible! I saw that it's 1/10 scale on the packaging but was not expecting Hot Toys to be totally accurate on the interior components scaling.

If it's a close fit I was going to try replacing and mounting it with a magnet so it's removable to flip on and charge.

A magnet is a cool idea. Im not gonna attempt it myself. But the thought did cross my mind

Yeah, thanks for the tutorial, sirdoctor. I was gonna pass on the decals because of the price, but seeing that made me take the plunge. Looking forward to doing the upgrades.

Does anyone have any idea how to get an accurate colour match of the front and rear bumper/guards? As per our earlier discussion a page or so back.

The mini flux capacitor is great. Is it much out in dimensions compared to the HT 1/6 version? I suppose that at 1/10 it must be.

Last edited:
I found some waterlide "GoodYear" decals. (ebay item 171643319600 ) Do you think those will match for applying on the tires? They're white, and curved shape, but I don't know if they'll stick on the rubber of the tires, or if the size is correct. Thanks!!

it will fit but its smaller than the hot toys one. The mini flux capacitor (which is freaking awesome by the way, I have the one in the video and the stainless editions) are 1/10th scale. The attention to detail is staggering and is far superior to the hot toys one (its movie accurate). sadly the detail is lost in videos and pics due to the brightness of the fluxing, but its gorgeous. However, Im not sure how you will switch it on once its installed or even charge it. To charge it, you plug a USB cable into the bottom and the power button is located on the side. The only thing I can think of is to somehow mount it in there in a way so that you can remove it easily to charge and power on. The battery lasts around 6hours if its on constantly and takes 3 hours to fully charge.

View attachment 261760

You won't get that 1/10 flux capacitor installed on the delorean i can gaurentee it. You'd have to seperate the roof from the lower half of the car just to get access to remove it not to mention the wiring problems you'd have removing the electronics for it and the roof lights without damaging the whole light switch setup.

"This is heavy." - Marty Mcfly

12963769_10209474234993226_7222653342869588483_n.jpg
12932918_10209474234473213_5132190659168566277_n.jpg
13043651_10209586318875253_854780670192466874_n.jpg
13095910_10209615098274720_852191184801382336_n.jpg
13095758_10209615097514701_7756912036258720052_n.jpg
13072880_10209615097874710_1023837126268020658_o.jpg

No, some bought a customized case here:
Made to Measure Display Case | Customized Products | Sora Shop

It looks cool and is not so heavy!

Is there a company that makes these that ships to the US? I want a modular one where the back isn't included, and with this I could just not put it on.

Edit: Just realized they are based in Germany, and we have an office 2+ hours away in Mainz, so I got a buddy to help there. I'll post some pics of the display once I have it all setup; it's gonna rock. It'll include a backdrop of the Twin Pines mall and a 12x18 movie poster.

As per mod instructions, I'm continuing the discussion from this thread here.

Just got off the phone to Sideshow. After speaking to reception in a calm but alarmed tone about the issue and the fact that it affected not only every single DeLorean they had sold but had in stock, I was initially put through to the head of returns, however the voicemail timed out (I was told to leave a detailed voicemail spelling out everything) and wouldn't deliver for some weird reason.

I called back Sideshow and spoke to someone in returns. They initially tried to send me back to another retailer, however when I explained that I had been told by reception that they were unable to put me through to wholesale and that this was an issue affecting every single DeLorean thay have sold or have in stock, they took down the details.

The advice I was given was to hit this from as many angles as possible so that Hot Toys understand that this is enough of an issue that they need to rectify it.

I realise some people might have fluked it and got a power supply to work without a hitch and that some people may only intend on running it on batteries for now.

However there are three things I would say to that:

a) those who did fluke it, shouldn't have been made to play Russian Roulette with their DeLoreans to begin with;
b) those who use batteries for now, never know when they might decide to display their delorean in a cabinet and use the power supply function, or modify their cabinet to allow it, and;
c) if Hot Toys use the option of a DC Power Supply again, which I hope they do - this implementation of it is not the sort of precedent we want for other HT releases, such as the V2 DeLorean and Millenium Falcon Diorama.

As such I'd encourage as many people out there who own a DeLorean as possible to contact their retailers, asking for this information to be supplied by Hot Toys, so that they can not only realise that there has been a gaffe, but put steps in place on other vehicle/diorama releases, to ensure that this gaffe doesn't happen again.

Glad I haven't tried the power supply option yet. Batteries for me then, unless they are going to give me a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must have 'got lucky.' I tried the power supply route after the battery test, and everything worked fine.

I'm still going to keep at Hot Toys on this regardless of the answer I get because every single DeLorean owner will need this information disseminated to them, but here's what the symbols for the polarity of a DC power supply look like:

AC_adaptor_polarity.jpg

Any chance you could use that as a guide and let us know which way your power supply is wired - whether the centre pin is positive or negative?

I tried 3 different brands of power supplies that I got from Amazon. None of them worked either on positive or negative polarity.

So I installed a wired remote battery switch from the DeLorean that's inside my display case.

I'm still going to keep at Hot Toys on this regardless of the answer I get because every single DeLorean owner will need this information disseminated to them, but here's what the symbols for the polarity of a DC power supply look like:

View attachment 263416

Any chance you could use that as a guide and let us know which way your power supply is wired - whether the centre pin is positive or negative?

When I get home I will check the adapter and let people know.

:wave

View attachment 263416

Mine says "Tip +" if that helps. And yes I had to try it both ways before it worked which was a little annoying. Now knowing how the mechanism works I'd say that there was no chance to fry the electronics using a 4.5v adapter. It uses a relay that won't click when connected the wrong way to disconnect the batteries.

Created some accurate 1/6 Floor Mats that imo make a huge difference as they add accurate texture, look and even feel to a large interior area that otherwise is just grey plastic, so if this is what you're looking for, lmk:

They are perfectly shaped to fit in smoothly and to look accurately as if they even reach under the seats. The material looks and feels like a real miniature of the original velours carpets. Did a lot of research to find out if there were Floor Mats inside the original and how they looked like and in fact there were some:

Price per set is $29 + $5 for trackable insured shipping (once for as many sets as you need).
PM me or post here if you're interested.

View full thread: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/interest-threads/148903-option-custom-1-6-bttf-dmc-improvement-10.html

Nice. I am interested. FYI- for me that link goes to an unrelated thread. Is the dark grey/black color carpet accurate to the original, or was it a lighter medium grey like it appears in your monochrome reference image?

Back