Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question for the guys that have that loot crate hoverboard. Is it in scale with the marty figure? I have a chance to get one dirt cheap off eBay but if it looks too big and goofy Ima pass on it

Ok so here is the run down on everything I spent

$669.99 Delorean plus $37.74 shipping
$40.00 for 40 Gallon Fish Tank
$35.00 Lid for fish Tank
$24.00 LED Lights
$3.29 Double Sided tape
$10.49 Universal AC Power Adapter

Total $820.51 for everything!

Hell of a Graduation gift huh?

EDIT: 3000th POST!!!! :clap:yess::yess:

EDIT EDIT: I added pics of how I put the LED lights around the tank.

Last edited:
While everyone is getting theirs, I am sending it back to SS today due to flaws and no replacement. It's a sad day.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Sideshow responded to my issue about my otherwise flawless Delorean missing the dash compass piece. I was offered a $40 credit or a replacement. I had asked them to just take the part off any Delorean they had in stock, preferably one that had been returned for another defect instead of shipping the entire car. I don't think they will be doing that and will go the route of replacing the whole thing.

Is anyone here sending theirs back and if so would you be willing to part with the compass beforehand?

I have a problem with the rail on mine. It's not even part of the main car and they want me to send the whole damn thing back. No thank you.

I had problems install the bands around the car. Got the two side ones on with no problems. But the front I wasn't able to get the front to clips to click in. I didnt force it and left it unclicked. The front band stays on just fine.

I have a problem with the rail on mine. It's not even part of the main car and they want me to send the whole damn thing back. No thank you.
Here is how this ended up for me. They said that they needed the original one back first to do an exchange which I wasn't comfortable with. So I went with the full return which gives me 30 days to get it back to them and ordered another one. This way I can have both in hand and make sure I don't get stuck with the replacement being worse than the original.

I would have preferred if there was some way to just get what was missing but in the end it's only costing them extra shipping fees not me so I can't really complain.

I had problems install the bands around the car. Got the two side ones on with no problems. But the front I wasn't able to get the front to clips to click in. I didnt force it and left it unclicked. The front band stays on just fine.

I was a bit nervous pushing the front clips in they are pretty tight but i got them in.

Mine is getting delivered tomorrow. :panic:

I think mine is coming tomorrow too :yess:
And it looks like my display case might arrive tomorrow or maybe the day after, excitement. :horror

Me too.
I paid my £8 VAT bill last week, and they said it would arrive tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

I am getting mine today! Wondering if some postman is thinking "where is all these DeLorean`s coming from..I gotta have one". :duff

Question for the guys that have that loot crate hoverboard. Is it in scale with the marty figure? I have a chance to get one dirt cheap off eBay but if it looks too big and goofy Ima pass on it
ae31cee92359f30facfc797de11ffadc.jpg
842957d111ac77b8fad228a17ce0fa77.jpg
the loot crate one is 1/5 scale.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

I'm thinking there's a reason they left the rod off. As there are five versions of the car in the movies, each with specific modifications, perhaps it's because of the version they are doing. I reckon this is V2 of the car, with the mount for the lightning rod and clock on the dash. Although this *is* the version Marty uses to escape 1955, it's also(Perhaps more importantly), the one that Doc uses to leave 1985 heading to the future.

...With a big help from a friend at another forum, I was given a 3D printed Mr Fusion to use, which looks great! It arrived broken in pieces and it still needs a lot of work, but this piece alone has cut my time in half! ;) This is not the final look, I used a bit of glue and some sharpie pens to mock up what modding I need to do to properly finish it. So this gives me an idea what it will look like.
On that note, I'm looking forward to dismantling the back end to make this piece fit on a new base. Here the pics... Nothing has been dismantled yet. It's all reference only right now.
View attachment 2555300View attachment 255533

Looks brilliant. If your friend can hook me up with one, let me know.

Aha. Looks like Shortwookie is making copies. Well done Wookie!

Couldn't find a thread for it, so I'll ask here. Any update on the Time Machine with the Hover Conversion?

I'm thinking there's a reason they left the rod off. As there are five versions of the car in the movies, each with specific modifications, perhaps it's because of the version they are doing. I reckon this is V2 of the car, with the mount for the lightning rod and clock on the dash. Although this *is* the version Marty uses to escape 1955, it's also(Perhaps more importantly), the one that Doc uses to leave 1985 heading to the future.

Looks brilliant. If your friend can hook me up with one, let me know.

Aha. Looks like Shortwookie is making copies. Well done Wookie!

I would get the lightning rod hook but I don't think it will fit in my fish tank.

Back