Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey good for you that you still have it on order even though you called it garbage. I wasn't even talking about you but hey good for you man....you sure have got it all together!

I said it was garbage and I meant the route they chose with the stickers, and I am getting this I've had it on pre order, get it together

Anyone have any luck with unboxing vids? I seen the few pics posted here but surprised how few there are, and disappointed there are no vids on this yet.

They do that a lot with versions 2.0 or 3.0 of DC or Marvel figures. Would not be a shock. Many will still order such is the popularity of the flying car. Though as a collecter it is frustrating trying to pick just 1 figure or car to go with when months down the line a better/newer one is released. If only they can get things right first time round or give us a definitive version. Of course that concept does not work when you want to make money.

Exactly. It's all about sales at the end of the day

People just need to relax until we get some review or unboxing vids to look at. I simply cannot wait for this!!!

Remember all the Chewbacca hate? Now its one of my favorites in my collection.

I'm pretty sure somebody will make an aftermarket wired replacement time circuit that lights up. I just hope that piece is easy to be removed and upgraded by spicing wires to make a good solid connection. The rest I can live with and same goes for the plates. If somebody can make photoetch license plates then that would replace those stickers and make it look more realistic. :pray: I think for anybody who is a fan of the BTTF movies, it's going to be pretty hard to pass up owning a 1/6 Delorean.

Been eyeballing the ssc website in the hopes that I would there would be a notice of possible early delivery but just noticed the shipping date went from Jan-Feb to Jan-Mar :gah:

The lack of any video reviews or detailed photo galleries is kinda strange considering that this has been officially released for few days now.

I just hope that piece (time circuits) is easy to be removed

I'm hoping that too, along with all the stuff on the top of the dash. It looks ok, but it could be better, so I'm hoping there will at least be a realistic possiblity of refining it.

The rest I can live with and same goes for the plates. If somebody can make photoetch license plates then that would replace those stickers and make it look more realistic. :pray:
I'd be surprised if that _doesn't_ happen. Stickers are disappointing, because stickers always look like stickers.

I think for anybody who is a fan of the BTTF movies, it's going to be pretty hard to pass up owning a 1/6 Delorean.
^^^THAT.
I've never paid anything like this price for any kind of model before, but this just looked so awesome.
Unfortunately it's looking a little less so now, as they definitely seem to have cut some corners. Photos of the prototype strongly suggested illuminated time circuits, and I was sure I'd seen photos of the dash instruments illuminated too.

The 'A-frame' issue is also very disappointing, I was hoping that would have been fixed since the prototype, but it seems that very little changed.

All in all, I'm not cancelling my order, and I'm hoping that I'm going to be happy with it, but it's a shame that it's going to be less awesome than expected. Hopefully most of the issues can be rectified afterwards with some work, although I guess I'm stuck with the A-frame, unless someone makes aftermarket new doors. I guess that's not that likely. Aside from anything else, it would be hard to get a good colour and texture match to the rest of the body.

Anyone have any luck with unboxing vids? I seen the few pics posted here but surprised how few there are, and disappointed there are no vids on this yet.

The lack of any video reviews or detailed photo galleries is kinda strange considering that this has been officially released for few days now.

I've been looking for video reviews but haven't had any luck so far. It's only been available for a little more than a week, mostly in the Asian market, and it's big and expensive.

Unless Jacky Chang, Figure Junkie, Toys Zone D or ssjoeducatiboy does a review, we may not get one for weeks. We may have to wait for optibotimus.

Any retailer or reseller in HK can easily pop open a new IM figure, or Cap, or Marty Mcfly, knowing that they can make up the "lost sale" of the opened figure by selling a heap of the same figure unopened and brand new in box.
This might be a harder sell to pop open one to do promo images.
And although you might think otherwise, even if there were several hundred sold to actual HK consumers, there's no guarantee they'd be posting images online.
Not everyone has heard of this forum either, when it comes to that.
The pics will come out eventually. This is a real luxury item, and no mistake.

What do you people think will be the approx. sideshow shipping costs to Europe? Just shipping no tax. How much was it for the batmobile?

Personally, the only thing that takes me away from getting this is the price and little time to save. For the rest, I think this will be the grail piece for everyone who get it, in spite of the sticker thing :lol

Hope to see more pics or any review soon.

By the way, anyone remember if there was a similar lack of pics when the '89 batmobile was launched in HK? Just curious

My guess it that we will never see a BTTFII version see the light of day. So if you want one, better get this one. It still will be the best Delorean you'll ever own. Unless your rich enough to mod the real deal :)

Personally, the only thing that takes me away from getting this is the price and little time to save.

You're kidding, right? :rotfl
I mean, this thing was solicited, what, well over a year ago? Plenty of time to save.

This was basically my 1st preorder, Marty being technically 1st but it was the delorean that made me start collecting, luckily I did flex for the full term so I only owe about $204 + shipping.

You're kidding, right? :rotfl
I mean, this thing was solicited, what, well over a year ago? Plenty of time to save.

yeah, I meant to start saving right now lol
I was tempted to preorder when this showed up back in 2014, but for different reasons I decided not to pull the trigger on this. However, I keep the hope on getting this since I'm from Europe, so luckily this won't be here till April/May...

I just want to say I think what may be delaying Doc is not lack of intention to release him or poor sales of Marty, but the production challenges with his hair. I've wondered the same about Ripley. Getting her hair consistent must be a major challenge, because artist who do that sort of work have to charge a lot of money.

Back