Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At this point I don't think a Delorean is going to go up for preorder unless it happens when they start shipping the part 3 figures 18 months from now. The only other possible holdup I can imagine is if they are working on a way to make a standard Delorean with conversion kits for the different versions.
I'm sure they are watching the pre orders for all these figures to see if there is enough interest. Low orders means no DeLorean.

I dont think thats how they operate. I suspect it cost them too much to produce which is probably why the car felt like they got to a point and said "thatll do". It didnt feel like it was finished and was lacking in so much detail. As ive said, if anyone really wants the car, they best buy it now before these figs release cos when they do and it finally dawns on people the car isnt getting reissued, you can bet the 2nd hand market prices will go up again.
Its the whole "im gonna wait for the hover version pre order" all over again and those who wait will again be without a car for their display or will pay a stupid amount to get one.
I cannot see HT reissuing the car in any iteration or configuration. It would have been up for pre order by now or along with the figures.
Holding onto hope must be nice, but people did that for the hover version instead of PO'ing the first version and look how that turned out and how many people are kicking themselves they didnt get it at the time. History will repeat itself here.

I was thinking the same, I thought HT was done with vehicles but how explain the last Tumbler reissue?

I dont think thats how they operate. I suspect it cost them too much to produce which is probably why the car felt like they got to a point and said "thatll do". It didnt feel like it was finished and was lacking in so much detail. As ive said, if anyone really wants the car, they best buy it now before these figs release cos when they do and it finally dawns on people the car isnt getting reissued, you can bet the 2nd hand market prices will go up again.
Its the whole "im gonna wait for the hover version pre order" all over again and those who wait will again be without a car for their display or will pay a stupid amount to get one.
I cannot see HT reissuing the car in any iteration or configuration. It would have been up for pre order by now or along with the figures.
Holding onto hope must be nice, but people did that for the hover version instead of PO'ing the first version and look how that turned out and how many people are kicking themselves they didnt get it at the time. History will repeat itself here.
Holding out for hope is certainly better than paying $2500 for a vehicle, then Hot Toys re-releasing it a week later for $600. I couldn't live with myself.

I'd honestly prefer to wait with the chance to not own it.

Besides, my plan is to sell my Marty and Doc if they don't release The Delorean by the time Doc is done. It's all 3 characters at retail or none for me.

So time is on my side for now.

Yeah, absolutely agree with you.
The Delorean is the third character. A BTTF display without it is a nonsense IMO…

I passed on the Delorean before and regretted it but I too am willing to take the chance of waiting and them ultimately not reissuing it - especially in light of comments to the effect that it's not even good enough for its original retail price due to shortcomings in detail and accuracy.

Conversely though I might disagree that it has to be all or nothing with Marty, Doc and the Delorean. I used to think that but now that I'm 7 figures deep into NECA's line and still have no indications that a Delorean will ever happen in that scale - I'm becoming acclimatized to the idea of just never having one. So does that mean I should sell all my BTTF figures? Not feeling a need to do that, these guys have instant recognition value on the shelf all on their own.

As for 1/6 - heck maybe Marty was all I ever needed to represent the franchise.

Last edited:
There may be other issues preventing a reissue or part 2/3 being released. DMC in texas owns the rights to DMC branding and it wouldnt surprise me that theyre demanding more money than they should be for HTs to manufacture it. They technically sued universal for bttf royalties they claimed they were owed and universal have been paying to use the cars image ever since. So the delorean has a very unique situation really and would explain why the tumbler was reissued but this isnt. Universal dont own the rights to the car, DMCH do.
As a delorean owner, i know that DMCH (as theyre known) can be very childish and dicks when it comes to this kind of thing. If they can squeeze some money out of a company, they will and if the company doesnt wanna pay the fee (which wont be small) then said company arent allowed to manufacture the product. I forget when they sued universal but iirc it was after the release of the HTs delorean.

EDIT: it appears it was 2014/2015 that DMCH started chasing universal. Sorry guys, i really dont see HT making any more of these simply because DMCH own the rights to the cars image, its badges and logo. Could also be why NECA havent released one either (did they ever release the animated version? I remember seeing it showcased).

I passed on the Delorean before and regretted it but I too am willing to take the chance of waiting and them ultimately not reissuing it - especially in light of comments to the effect that it's not even good enough for its original retail price due to shortcomings in detail and accuracy.

Conversely though I might disagree that it has to be all or nothing with Marty, Doc and the Delorean. I used to think that but now that I'm 7 figures deep into NECA's line and still have no indications that a Delorean will ever happen in that scale - I'm becoming acclimatized to the idea of just never having one. So does that mean I should sell all my BTTF figures? Not feeling a need to do that, these guys have instant recognition value on the shelf all on their own.

As for 1/6 - heck maybe Marty was all I ever needed to represent the franchise.
Agreed. The DeLorean is cool to have but I think the figures would still be worth having on their own. Especially now that we're finally going to have a Doc and Marty from each movie.

There may be other issues preventing a reissue or part 2/3 being released. DMC in texas owns the rights to DMC branding and it wouldnt surprise me that theyre demanding more money than they should be for HTs to manufacture it. They technically sued universal for bttf royalties they claimed they were owed and universal have been paying to use the cars image ever since. So the delorean has a very unique situation really and would explain why the tumbler was reissued but this isnt. Universal dont own the rights to the car, DMCH do.
As a delorean owner, i know that DMCH (as theyre known) can be very childish and dicks when it comes to this kind of thing. If they can squeeze some money out of a company, they will and if the company doesnt wanna pay the fee (which wont be small) then said company arent allowed to manufacture the product. I forget when they sued universal but iirc it was after the release of the HTs delorean.

EDIT: it appears it was 2014/2015 that DMCH started chasing universal. Sorry guys, i really dont see HT making any more of these simply because DMCH own the rights to the cars image, its badges and logo. Could also be why NECA havent released one either (did they ever release the animated version? I remember seeing it showcased).

They've been a bit more co-operative lately. Thr Diamobd Select DeLoreans didn't have the DMC logo or DeLorean name but they've been present on lots of recent releases of the car. Even the Playmobil version has it.

People say that the HTs Delorean was a less than good effort just might be:

Too nit-picky

Or have not seen it in hand

Regretting they passed on it.

Hoping, dreaming, guessing the HTs will re-release eventually...

I call FOMOB

People say that the HTs Delorean was a less than good effort just might be:

Too nit-picky

Or have not seen it in hand

Regretting they passed on it.

Hoping, dreaming, guessing the HTs will re-release eventually...

I call FOMOB

It's pretty damn cool. HT certainly could have done some things better but it looks so awesome with the figures. At $700 it was a bargain, I wouldn't sell mine even for $2k.

It's pretty damn cool. HT certainly could have done some things better but it looks so awesome with the figures. At $700 it was a bargain, I wouldn't sell mine even for $2k.
The sticker for the license plate was particularly baffling...I will not sell mine. I hope they do re-release just to keep the line front-and-centre

The sticker for the license plate was particularly baffling...I will not sell mine. I hope they do re-release just to keep the line front-and-centre

The sticker license plate is definitely one of the worst decisions. It looks ok but absolutely should have been a metal or plastic piece. More of the interior gadgets should have lit up too.

I don't mind if they reissue it so long as they give buyers of the first car a reason to buy, which means part 2/3 conversion. I hate straight reissues but they did a good job with Marty giving him a new sculpt. I can get on board with that type of reissue.

Well Hot Toys definitely missed their opportunity to release the Delorean for Back to the Future Day......Porsche didn't !!

On Back to the Future day, Porsche celebrates 1.21 GW charging capacity | Ars Technica

121005900_840817366323499_8853155243701300054_o.jpg

Thanks for the pic. They look terrific.

Do you think the 'enhanced 30kg cube load' is necessary for something like the Batmobile or is that pretty much just for big F-off statues?

At the moment I'm thinking 9 DF120s, 2 stacks of 3 on one wall and a single stack of 3 on another wall. They'd have top-boards so I can put stuff on top for certain larger, taller items. They'd be left exposed to dust but it has been wrecking my head trying to figure out how to incorporate them within the units - I'd need DF130s and that complicates things. DF120s with space on top keeps it simpler. I'd probably get drawer risers at the bottom aswell, plus a mixture of full and half shelves.

I wish I could space out the purchase though since it'll be pretty expensive even before shipping and customs - but with the wait-time on these that's not really viable.

Thanks. So if I'm understanding right your suggestion is to lay them horizontal on their backs, align everything, tighten it and then lift it upright?

Apologies for bringing back an old discussion but I thought it was worth mentioning that right now Moducase is running a nice 15% off Black Friday sale. I've been holding out for this sale to see what it might be and 15% pushed me over the edge to order. I spent a bundle on DF120s to house the bulk of my collection and for now will rely on Gladiator shelves for some larger pieces that won't fit. How well will it work? I guess I'll find out in 6-8 months :lol

Inigo's new sculpt looks way better. Hot Toys still missing the mark when it comes to his likeness.

235884451_10227173102052868_8220588925274775366_n.jpg
I was watching BTTF 1-3 yesterday (the wife is out and I figured this would be the best option for the evening). Still a fantastic trilogy. Most likely the best trilogy ever (looking at you Lucas).

Anyway, is there an update to this Inigo sculpt. Is this available for order?

Nevermind, just found Inigo as Inigou on IG. Sculpt still looks great.

Last edited:
Hello, will another Delorean finally come out ?? It seems strange to me that they take out the figures without the car ..... Do you know something?

Back