Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see an old thread revisited. I was looking to go the clear case route, but i found a shop ex display cabinet for $30. Black lining and LED strips were a further $30

A.jpg
20171001_181919.jpg

Nice! Yours is a work of art with all the extra details you added.
You've done well!

I wouldnt have gone that far but i appreciate the kind words. I really felt HT went a bit half hearted on this so i had to do something. I PO'd mine so i think i would have felt really cheated if i bought one now seeing what the asking prices are for this

Yeah I still need to add all those extra wires to mine too. I love how the red and yellow really pops there.

Just adding the good year decals improved the look alot but i still felt it was lacking, especially inside. Its all simple to do and easily removed as none of it is permanent. The carpeting probably took the longest to get right. Many people miss this one tiny detail of the VIN plate. As a delorean owner, it bothered me...

14352417_1374528672557606_7759023003021489285_o.jpg

Wow, I never would have thought to include that! Did you make it accurate to the actual car, or just go for the general look?

Right now I'm debating just how far I want to take my Part II mod. I know most people just tend to plop the Mr Fusion on top of the reactor, but that just never looks quite right to me. The entire back section should be different, which will require a ton of scratchbuilding. And the cooling vents were closer to black as well, so not sure if I'll have the nerve to repaint the nicely weathered HT ones...

Its so small you wouldnt really know. I tried to find a picture of the actual car used but it was either at an angle or had a watermark so i just took a picture of my cars VIN plate which is only 42 VINs different anyway (A car ends 5261, my car ends 5219).

I would leave the vents as they are. I think they were the same throughout but the fiberglass car they used for the more memorable shots of the film were black vents.

The mr fusion just sits on a steel cover. It may require removal of the upper part of the plutonium chamber so it sits at the right height which is probably why other peoples attempts dont look perfect as they chamber is still in tact or like the ones ive seen, dont have the steel cover

scnet_bttf1_4971.jpg

Does anyone have a good photo of the screen used lightning rod prop on or off screen? I'm having a hard time finding a good pic and I'm finally going to try to make an accurate one.

I don’t own the DeLorean but still find it odd that the lightning rod either wasn’t included with it or with the part one Marty.

Does anyone have a good photo of the screen used lightning rod prop on or off screen? I'm having a hard time finding a good pic and I'm finally going to try to make an accurate one.

Yeah I've never found much reference for it either, although we do get a pretty good look at it in the movie before Doc tests out the scale model.

By the way, anyone know what happened to BPBN and if he ever finished all those amazing mods he was making to his DeLorean a couple years ago? I was going back through the old Mods and Resources thread and was just marveling at all the work he was doing with lighting up the time circuits, etc.

Mine may not be completely screen accurate, but its the closest that ive seen. The hook still needs some tweaking.

Doc uses a fishing rod as a base.

20170801_214412.jpg
20160917_191317.jpg
scnet_bttf1_4312.jpg
scnet_bttf1_3063.jpg

Thanks. Its the pics i used to work with. I couldnt find pics of the prop used most likely cos it was destroyed by the studio shortly after filming ended.

This is the connector end of it...

20160917_164618.jpg

Maybe I've missed it, but what's the best source of those Goodyear tire decals? That's the most blatant thing missing for me and would really set mine off.

Thanks!

Yeah that's about all that's out there, just the one listing. Just making sure they're decent.

Thanks

They are hunters decals. You can get them at badmothertattoos. Just adding the goodyear logos really improve the look of the car without any of the others things ive done to my car

After the 89 Batmobile i couldn’t afford and justify to buy the Delorean so I picked the 1/18 Sunstar a few years ago.
Decided to mod a little bit.

Out of the box the car is really great for the scale but the back compartment is pretty monochrome and silver. I just added color and weathering to the wires and pipes.
It is still not the Delorean but looks more accurate.

Back