Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Is the lighter grey the other one in that same list? 2623? or 2625?

No. That came from ebay listing: 321995479202. Its the grey one and you will need 2 samples as one is not enough. In fact I may just order the steel grey and see what that looks like. Hopefully it will be a colour inbetween the 2 I already have

No. That came from ebay listing: 321995479202. Its the grey one and you will need 2 samples as one is not enough. In fact I may just order the steel grey and see what that looks like. Hopefully it will be a colour inbetween the 2 I already have

Thanks! I've ordered the dark grey and the steel grey too. Like you said - will be interesting to see :duff

I was considering making a load to sell since I now have the template for a very reasonable price but I think its better if people did it themselves. Took me about an hour to get the template right. If people really want me to make a set for them just PM me and we can discuss further.

Can you send me a picture of the steel grey when you get them so I can see if its worth goung with them over the ones I have.

Cheers.

Just for comparison. Extra wires with the lighter grey, and im back to my dilemma of which looks better.

20160806_220136.jpg

Darker grey...

20160806_211309.jpg

Two more mods to go now.

Ive not heard of anyone doing that.

Oh Anx10us, when you cut out the fabric, make sure you turn the template over the 2nd time round

Has anyone ever stripped one of these apart yet? Or anyone destroyed one to get a replacement?

I've not looked at it closely yet, as I've been building up a kit of parts for modding, but I plan to take mine apart - if it's possible, I'll report back.

Oh Anx10us, when you cut out the fabric, make sure you turn the template over the 2nd time round

Yep, will do. I've also ordered the grey, so I'll post results in the Delorean mod thread when I have all three.

I've not looked at it closely yet, as I've been building up a kit of parts for modding, but I plan to take mine apart - if it's possible, I'll report back.

I was looking into taking it apart. I find it hard to believe the main chassis was not originally intended to house a hover conversion from the word go. It would save costs later. So it's probably an easy enough job to retro fit one. *IF* the thing can come apart.

Which one?

And thanks for the ebay numbers!

Lightning hook and the VIN plate and I get to do all these mods again for the part 2 version. Yay!

Im so not taking it apart. For what ive done and wanted to do it didnt require a dismantle. I would only have done that if I was gonna get the time circuits to light up

Sir doctor, I may be interested in getting some mats off of you. Let me know what you're asking price is.

Sir doctor, I may be interested in getting some mats off of you. Let me know what you're asking price is.

Yes.. How much?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

TBH, I really wouldnt know what to charge. Is £13 posted too much? I know the material only costs £2 max depending on what colour you would want. Im not really someone who tends to make these things to sell, but to just perfect what I have. Im happy with it, but I always worry if paying people would be happy with it and dont want people to feel ripped off. Im a novice when it comes to customizing really. I dont have a problem if a few people would like me to make some, it just means it will take at least a week to do so as I would have to order the fabric. Just so you can see what it looks like compared to FANS, i'll post a picture again. Its not perfect but it works.

1470513696999.jpg
20160806_220136.jpg

I'm personally happy to experiment. I've bought £6.50 worth of that material sirdoctor kindly provided links for, rather than pay someone else $30+ to cut fabric for me. It depends on people's level of skills etc and what they're comfortable doing/making or paying for.

Like a license plate for $70 and a lightning hook for $125 :lol Each to their own, I suppose.

Be interesting to see if anyone can 3D print the pedals. Now that's something worth paying for IMO. Maybe most people don't care about something you can hardly see, but I'd like them to make it look and feel more like a real car. It's all subjective.

I would pay $50 for a license plate but I think $70 is a bit much. $125 for a lightning hook that isnt very screen accurate is a no go with me. If it actually looked like the one in the film, then maybe (it was basically a fishing rod) but its still a bit steep. I dont wanna sound like im bashing someone elses work though (which im not) as they are still nice pieces and its down to the individual as to what they want and how much they are willing to spend. Skill also comes into it as you say and to make the one thats $125 looks fairly easy (alot more so than the one im attempting) to accomplish (some small cable ties, wire hook and a 2.5mm-3mm dowel with a length of roughly 60cm as the main rod, not sure what he has used for the cable though, looks like painted parcel thread maybe).

Regarding these mats, its a fairly simple thing to create. Now, I could never make one of those metal license plates so I can see why they cost what they cost but Im not willing to spend money on something I know I can do myself. Fans mats do look pretty good and more professional than what I have created but I am more happy with mine as its something I created and at a fraction of the cost. I still have my template which I may tweek further and I may find an even better material.

If anyone can suggest a way for me to upload the template so that all you have to do is print it off on A4 paper so that its the correct size, im more than happy to do that. That way, you can source your own material and make it yourself for next to nothing. Also, by going this route, everyones delorean will be slightly different and unique.

I think im one of the few people who really doesnt care about foot pedals. I would kinda like the handbrake but I kinda doubt there would be much room for it as its supposed to sit between the seat and the door. A small piece of rounded plastic would do the trick, maybe even that piece on a pen lid could work. Seatbelts are another thing I dont care for (marty and doc never wore them) but probably is a fairly easy thing to make, (im still considering painting the catches black though). However, I dont think there is room to add them where they should be. Ive not really checked to see. This is the only pic I have that gives you an idea on where the belt sits.

delorean-seat-covers-2tone.jpg

Handbrake position

oDXYt7h.jpg

The annoying thing, the more I look at interior pics, the more I want to repaint the whole interior to be the correct colour grey. But that would require dismantling the thing which I have no confidence in doing at all. Delorean interiors came in 2 colours only, grey and black (there was a concept of red/burgandy which never saw production and any other colours you have seen are customs owners have done themselves). The BTTF interior was grey like the 2 pics I just posted. Its mainly the dash that annoys me where the steering wheel is attached. Its just screams cheap plastic to me.

Back