Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Defiantly need a 40 gal. I actually work at Petco and I brought the delorean measurements with me to work one day and a tape measure and only the 40 gal breeder would fit. The delorean is about tumbler size just not as tall. Been hunting for a cheap case for months and the 40 gal was the cheapest. So a 20 is defiantly too small.

Wow. I went over to Petco and sure enough like you said the dimensions listed on a Sideshow's site would only fit in the 40g. It just seems insane to me. I have no idea where I would be able to put such a thing in my apartment. I've currently got Marty in like a football helmet case (along with unrelated prop replica I have) and it's already taking up quite a bit of space.

I wonder how wide of a case I'll need with the doors open on this thing, there is a plastic fabrication shop down the street from me but they are expensive so I want to have plenty of space before I drop the cash. It's going to be a centerpiece literally I'll probably put it dead center of the room on a pedestal or something

Wow. I went over to Petco and sure enough like you said the dimensions listed on a Sideshow's site would only fit in the 40g. It just seems insane to me. I have no idea where I would be able to put such a thing in my apartment. I've currently got Marty in like a football helmet case (along with unrelated prop replica I have) and it's already taking up quite a bit of space.

Yea the delorean is big. Think about the size of Marty and if he was standing next to a car if he was life size so it's designed to be size perportion. (Doubt I spelled that right) and I know using a fish tank has the black trim on it but worth it when saving all that money getting acrylic case. Oh and the sale ends Saturday the 23rd of anyone wants to pick it up for $40. And just get the glass top to match it!!!

That is a nice price for that tank and it should house the delorean just fine by itself or with Marty inside the car. I think displaying marty outside the door may be a problem though. The car is 13.77" wide and I think the tank is 16" giving only about 2" to squeeze in marty. Should be plenty of space to stand marty in front of or behind the car though, 36" for a 29" delorean.

Make a coffee table out of it like someone did with the Tumbler...

tumbler.jpg

Last edited:
That is a nice price for that tank and it should house the delorean just fine by itself or with Marty inside the car. I think displaying marty outside the door may be a problem though. The car is 13.77" wide and I think the tank is 16" giving only about 2" to squeeze in marty. Should be plenty of space to stand marty in front of or behind the car though, 36" for a 29" delorean.

Have him at the front with his leg raised resting on the bumper/flux band or have him like this. Both scenarios can have him looking at his watch or clock tower note

635581336627751451-SHOEFLY-pad.jpeg

Yep will have mine on a open shelf for now. The silver wont show much dust as the 89 car attract's. I only just started using the rotating base riser on the 89 car because wasnt sure if the rubber wheels would get any deformation resting in same place on display. Do we think should keep kinda raised without the wheel's resting ? I only bring up because i know it can happen if left in same position for a long extended time like many ,many years it would take to deform the wheel's. Am i being too paranoid about the wheel's ? THoughts ?

Again only bring up after seeing other toycar wheel's like r.c cars have had it deformed after long periods of rest ,but those wheels are a softer rubber.

Last edited:
Yep will have mine on a open shelf for now. The silver wont show much dust as the 89 car attract's. I only just started using the rotating base riser on the 89 car because wasnt sure if the rubber wheels would get any deformation resting in same place on display. Do we think should keep kinda raised without the wheel's resting ? I only bring up because i know it can happen if left in same position for a long extended time like many ,many years it would take to deform the wheel's. Am i being too paranoid about the wheel's ? THoughts ?

Again only bring up after seeing other toycar wheel's like r.c cars have had it deformed after long periods of rest ,but those wheels are a softer rubber.

The wheels won't deform after years on the delorean. I have plenty of diecast cars for many years and not one of their wheels have ever deformed on me.

Back