HOT TOYS "AVP" FIGURES - Give Some Love to the Classics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they remake the AVP Predators, and they look better than City Hunter I will for sure buy AT LEAST one of them; probably only Scar, or maybe I'd swing for a Celtic since I don't own one at all.

12919200.jpg

Hi guys, I'm thinking of buying a AVP Alien Warrior Hot Toys Special Edition, I read somewhere that this figure was limited to only 350 pieces ?
I also read that the paint starts to peel on the rubber parts, is there anyway to stop this by applying a clear coat of something ?
What are the other pitfalls of this figure and is it worth getting :dunno.

Mine had very slight paint flaking on the stomach ribs...but it was almost unnoticeable.

I think the biggest problem I had with mine was the rubber coming apart from the dome.

It's definitely the most hardy of the Hot Toys Aliens, but I would never, ever buy another one of those.

I'll give it a miss then, Thanks guys, I've just bought a second T2 Arnie for £155 inc off flebay to go with my Harley Fat Boy (if I ever finish building it that is....) :thud:

I would really like to own a AvP predator but unfortunatly they are just silly prices on ebay so I wondered with so many of them being parted out recently is it possible to bash one cheaper from parts? has anyone done it?

I would really like to own a AvP predator but unfortunatly they are just silly prices on ebay so I wondered with so many of them being parted out recently is it possible to bash one cheaper from parts? has anyone done it?

I've done both actually. I got lucky and got a cheap chopper predator off ebay nib. Bashing one from parts can get extremely expensive. Look in the for sale section on this forum and ebay and occasionally you'll find deals. The best thing is to be patient. If you get desperate and buy the first one you see you'll end up spending way more than you need to.

Just wait till the updated versions are announced and some will drop the originals like a hot stone. You would have to be mad to pay anything more that slightly over what these figures retailed for originally.

What a nostalgic piece. I hate so much when HT screw it out by releasing the newer AVP. It will surely made me overpaid. But in the same time I couldn't let any of them go now and not ever. In fact will buy the newer patient.

Am I sick????

I'll sell the old ones and replace them with the new ones when they're released, but I'm perfectly happy with them even if upgrades were never announced.

Back