HOT TOYS "AVP" FIGURES - Give Some Love to the Classics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoah modge podge did an awesome job on that alien. Do they make a modge podge that's flat and not glossy. Might be great for other projects.

Oh and db they do sell it at Michaels. I remember seeing some there last time I went. Quick painting tip I discovered. If you mix testors acrylic with acrylic paint from Michaels it gives it a nice smooth texture while painting and doesn't dry as rough as Michaels paint ordinarily does. It also makes the Michaels paint a little more durable.

Whoah modge podge did an awesome job on that alien. Do they make a modge podge that's flat and not glossy. Might be great for other projects.

Oh and db they do sell it at Michaels. I remember seeing some there last time I went. Quick painting tip I discovered. If you mix testors acrylic with acrylic paint from Michaels it gives it a nice smooth texture while painting and doesn't dry as rough as Michaels paint ordinarily does. It also makes the Michaels paint a little more durable.

ok cool ill go to michaels and pick it up thanks guy for all the info!!!:)

I remember the Dog. Didn't know it goes dull like THAT!!!

Lordy! Wonder what kind of shelf it was displayed in. I wouldn't expect to see dullness like that without heavy accumulation of dust.

In any case, I think HT had the right idea when constructing their very first Alien figures. Heavier-duty rubber on the torsos and heads, but hard plastic everywhere else. In all seriousness though, it wouldn't kill them to use hard plastic on the whole thing. If they can accept noticeable joints on their recent human figures (muscle bodies and such), then they should be able to do so with the Aliens. Their skin is far more intricate, so the joints wouldn't be nearly as showy.

hey guy i was looking at my alien he has some sticky resido on him kind of like rubber cement will this affect the mod podge?

grab a blue light, just to be sure. :monkey3

i dont think so. dont go heavy on the mod podge, keep it light otherwise it'll be chunky.

i think the dullness could be related to handling/hand contact. i know my poo-ey aliens alien got some dull areas after putting on that effin leg and arms. you know how frustrating those can be. :lol

grab a blue light, just to be sure. :monkey3

i dont think so. dont go heavy on the mod podge, keep it light otherwise it'll be chunky.

i think the dullness could be related to handling/hand contact. i know my poo-ey aliens alien got some dull areas after putting on that effin leg and arms. you know how frustrating those can be. :lol

ok ill us a brush and add it lightly thanks for the info and the rubber cement ill clean it off as much as possible :)

and i got my chopper skulls!!!! :yess:

dam avp love has been low lately :(, well maybe this will get the fire going again, i got my avp scar bio from TD a day a go and man is it amazing!:) i'm gonna get the other scar bios he made there amazing

good thing i'm getting a scar soon but for now it rests on my chopper's face

148916_235618476551393_100003097287858_416459_529562438_n.jpg

sorry for the crappy picture

DSCF2719.jpg

Got my TD mask today ( i posted more pics in his thread ). Its a must if you have a AVP Predator.

dscf1844x.jpg

Lol's

Last edited:
Removal of the wires and the new TD bio makes the figure beyond awesome. The armor is still looking great after all these years. And the size of these guys are still the biggest amongst all the Pred figures HT has made to date. Keeper even if they re-release it.

In my opinion, do not remove the wires in the dreadlocks otherwise it will lose the ability to pose the dreads:
CelticCG09.jpg

This is what I did to the dreads:
1) All dreadlocks were cut from the head. The ends remaining in the head were removed
2) Each dreadlocks hole is trimmed to bevel at the edge. The dreadlocks were glued back hanging down
3) The glue used was VersaChem Plastic Welder. It is very effective for plastic. It drys within a few hours and gives a very strong bonding
CelticWIP08.jpg

I agree that the metal wire in the dreads can have their place but for my display i always kind of set my figures in gallery fashion. I prefer the static pose, stood fairly still maybe a slight knee bend, head tilt ect. As opposed to the more extreme poses

Back