HOT TOYS "AVP" FIGURES - Give Some Love to the Classics!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have almost finished this chopper and pre scar predators... Heres a few pics... And to all the guys that helped with the parts. Thanx!

cool man... Do let me know bout that other part once you have had time to check it out.

guys i have a feeling deep down that soon ht is going to update these avp preds... And our valued avp preds will loose some value.

guys i have a feeling deep down that soon ht is going to update these avp preds... And our valued avp preds will loose some value.

my gut feeling tells me they wont, now. they're going expanded universe with AVP...they did say they'll be revisiting the AVP line, they did....not just what most of us were expecting.
11080103259d968d2993cb1758.jpg

ta dah.:lol

They said they'd revisit old characters (and old designs) and marry them with the techniques and methods they have now. Just wait... they more than likely licensed that statue as "AVP" because it has Predators and Aliens in it.

I'm not sure I even want them to revisit some of those old designs.

I mean, I guess I worked hard for the Predator collection I have (entirely from P2 at the moment), and while I doubt they'll remake "Gort" the Guardian or Mr LOST Predator, I kinda' liked the value in my Elder and I'm not crazy about a 3rd P2 Predator city hunter.

But hey, I do need a decent-looking P1. Basically they'll be redoing that down the line, whether or not the "Classics" one will have the extra parts to make one or not (here's hoping, or I'm going to take a huge risk and pass on it).

Id love to see them redo the avp figure line. But I would like to see them do it in a way that doesnt destroy the collectibility of the originals. I really want the avp trio but cant afford it at todays prices. I actually had a scar i got for 250 and a chopper i got for 150 but since i couldnt touch a celtic for under 2 grand i decided to part with my avp figs. I think it would be awesome to give new collectors a chance to complete their predator universe in hot toys line at a affordable price. Im sure it would knock the prices down a little on the originals but hey arent we all whining about scalpers all the time anyways? So your killing 2 birds with 1 stone. People who paid retail for these when they came out should be fine with the remake. The people who paid scalpers their premium prices are the ones who are going to be a bit wonked by the potential remake decision.

Anyone looking for a Scar?

Only if it's a 8th Ani-Con Exclusive one :wink1: Maybe the prices of the AVP's would drop a little if they re-release some of them but I can't see them re-doing scar\Ancient as these are already re-done, Unless they re-do the re-do's :cuckoo::rotfl

i am strugling to get the left arm into one of my avp bodies... It just wont pop in... Any advice?

lol. Its not broken man. I just took the whole dam body apart to fix the broken leg and now that thats fixed i cant pop the dam arm in, i have been trying for a hour already!

lol. The arms were not in b4 i started but now that i wana put them in the one dont want to pop in!

Back