1/6 Hot Toys AVP Elder Predator 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boba Ben

Super Freak
Reaction score
I saw this on Toyhaven blog and didn't see anything posted about it here. Looks like Hot Toys is doing a 2.0 of the AVP Elder. This was shown at the Singapore Toy, Game, & Comic Convention over the weekend.

816-stgcc.jpg

Oops. I the original thread didn't show up when I did a search for some reason. Gonna delete this.

Edit: It doesn't look like I have the option to delete posts anymore. Can a mod please do that for me. Thanks!

Edit: It doesn't look like I have the option to delete posts anymore. Can a mod please do that for me. Thanks!
it can be because you cannot delete a thread. forum structure must consider the first post to be a thread itself.

it can be because you cannot delete a thread. forum structure must consider the first post to be a thread itself.

Yeah, I used to have the ability to delete the first post of a thread I created to delete the entire thread, but it doesn't look something must've changed on the forum and I can't do that anymore. I don't create very many threads these days.

so it was possible before :)
it's good the bug was fixed.

sad, as a predhead. i'm not even compelled, not even a desire to own this one. :/
my clan wont be accepting new members by the looks of it.lolz

HT should take a second look at this and improve on it. Remember when HT showed the revised and improved headsculpt of P2 Elder just days after releasing the promo images? They should do the same with this one.

It just looks like something is off. Must be the head or how the cape is placed. Can't pinpoint it. To me it looks like the head is floating on top of the body.

I completely agree -- this isn't the 1/4 P1 we were promised.
with their modern way of sculpting identical predators in different colors they can easily change a pair of accessories and call it P1.

with their modern way of sculpting identical predators in different colors they can easily change a pair of accessories and call it P1.

maybe wait for tsang's replacement.
with his incompetence, i bet my left nut you'd get the over used classic pred base sculpt passed as P1 in 1/4.

Touché. :lol He did go back and rework the new P2 Elder, though. That figure still isn't perfect, but it's easily HT's best Predator. I'm betting we'd get a new sculpt for the new scale anyway.

Honestly... I just want to see it happen. Better to get a crappy-looking prototype that we can then b***h about until it's tweaked than nothing at all, at least in my opinion. It'd be nice to see them try to do an Arnold likeness in that scale as well. Maybe they can finally do a good one again.

Touché. :lol He did go back and rework the new P2 Elder, though. That figure still isn't perfect, but it's easily HT's best Predator. I'm betting we'd get a new sculpt for the new scale anyway.

Honestly... I just want to see it happen. Better to get a crappy-looking prototype that we can then b***h about until it's tweaked than nothing at all, at least in my opinion. It'd be nice to see them try to do an Arnold likeness in that scale as well. Maybe they can finally do a good one again.

Agreed that it was good that they went back and fixed Elder which I own. However they should have done that on P2 City Hunter also. I was looking forward to that one even more then Elder! Already got Classic so needed P2 CH.

Touché. :lol He did go back and rework the new P2 Elder, though. That figure still isn't perfect, but it's easily HT's best Predator.
he did (if that was him at all!), just don't forget that it was just an attempt to copy old headsculpt.
the only thing i hope for (after that) that he at least understood how the mandibles should be shaped and bend. he still doesn't understand eye sockets shape and position, head shape, crown position, proportions of the whole head (to date he makes eggheads and horsefaces), but mandibles is a start.
just wait for predator 8.0 and it will be ok.

Back