Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War - Infinity Gauntlet Life-Size Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, 10% PPPP discount and 10% member discount for a total of 19% off the total cost. But I only ended up paying the $90 deposit as per usual, with the balance to be paid when it finally ships out to me.

That's pretty decent.
I didn't know there was a membership discount. Only reward points.

I am pissed. $150.00 for shipping. Why purchase through Sideshowtoy.com, when you can purchase through BBTS with $4.00 Flat Shipping. Now I was expecting $60-$70 bucks, but double at $150.00! I will be sending an email to sideshow.

Re: Hot Toys - Life Size Infinity Gauntlet

35bcdb17b30bb6ed8970f6271a964f92.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's pretty decent.
I didn't know there was a membership discount. Only reward points.

There is a VIP discount that they have that I use instead of their pennies (reward points) program. Got tired of having to contact them each time I made a purchase to correctly accrue the pennies. I'm not sure how much a customer has to spend to qualify for the VIP discount.

But if you've got enough pennies (2000/$1000 purchase) you could've got the same price if you had ordered within the first 3 weeks of when it goes up for preorder.

I am pissed. $150.00 for shipping. Why purchase through Sideshowtoy.com, when you can purchase through BBTS with $4.00 Flat Shipping. Now I was expecting $60-$70 bucks, but double at $150.00! I will be sending an email to sideshow.
...let us know how that turns out...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That’s true, forgot about the $4 flat rate shipping that BBTS has for this thing. That’s crazy that they can turn a good profit still and charge $146 less in shipping lol.

In my order details page, it says “Shipping(Est.) $150.00”

It’s “Estimate”.

So there may be a small chance that they will cut down the shipping cost if they receive few complains from us. I told them that $150 is so brutal.(lol) We will see...

Got this reply from Sideshow:

“Yes, the shipping cost of $150 is correct as the dimensional weight of this piece
is 100lbs. ”

I just thought that it’s about 45lbs???

There’s no way it’s 100lbs though...

Got this reply from Sideshow:

“Yes, the shipping cost of $150 is correct as the dimensional weight of this piece
is 100lbs. ”

I just thought that it’s about 45lbs???

There’s no way it’s 100lbs though...

Yeah unfortunately shipping cost nowadays is calculated by dimensional weight rather than actual weight. It factors in the size of the package as well. Good try in asking though.

Hot Toys made the box bigger than it needed to be. Slightly smaller dimensions would have cut the shipping cost in half. For example, the legendary scale Darth Vader is a larger piece and it costs half the price to ship.

Did anyone on flexpay get the option for early processing?

Has anyone figured out what kind of plug pack we need to buy to get this baby powered up?
I would like to pick something up in advance of getting it in hand, but was not sure what
Type of USB power supply is needed.

Has anyone figured out what kind of plug pack we need to buy to get this baby powered up?
I would like to pick something up in advance of getting it in hand, but was not sure what
Type of USB power supply is needed.

They sell power adapters that have switch out voltage adapters, (the part that goes into the statue), and they're usually like $10 or $20 if you buy it on Amazon

Did anyone on flexpay get the option for early processing?

I called them and told them to convert the remaining payments into one plus shipping. Worked like a charm.

I called them and told them to convert the remaining payments into one plus shipping. Worked like a charm.

Oh yea. The email will give an updated shipping date though

Hot Toys made the box bigger than it needed to be. Slightly smaller dimensions would have cut the shipping cost in half. For example, the legendary scale Darth Vader is a larger piece and it costs half the price to ship.

Yep. Gaming Heads did the same thing with the Kratos on Throne statue. The art box was massive, as is. But then they but 2" of foam corners on the corners and then a brown shipper around that. The thing was the size of a medium fridge. They charged customers $60 to ship, but we taking a roughly $50 loss on it. Anyone who didn't preorder had to pay the actual shipping cost. If I wanted to sell it, it would've cost around $300 to ship across the country. I ended up selling it locally for $200. Needed to get it the hell out of my house after a few years. Never again!

Back