Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War - Infinity Gauntlet Life-Size Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it just me or does the "breathing" seem super rough? I was expecting it to be a nice smooth pulsing, but maybe it's just the video? Either way, each of these stones having a battery is almost a deal breaker for me. For a piece this size, I should just be able to walk into my man cave, turn on my lights and have this piece turn on as well...not go through the PITA of turning on each individual stone. That plus the price tag have me at least waiting until this thing is released...I'll probably get the Hasbro one in the meantime.

I agree with u. Believe me its really nonsense to put all batteries for each infinity stones. Hasbro is more logical ı think.

Where does it say that each stone has to be turn on individually?

HT is known to nail accuracy. So it is massive masterpiece. Again batteries? Well..I would hope to have more details because I would definitely want to wire it and control with my Alexa. I believe since there are light modes and sequencing that at least the battery is unique to all leds to make our life easier.

The ones concerned with price should not, just like the HB, I believe it will hold and build value. And a high quality prop is not supposed to be touched by your wet little hands anyway.

If this thing really shines as some pictures indicate it will be one of the best collectibles a Marvel fan could have. oh my ...this is really growing in me.

the sales person from secret base said this is
powered by a transformer which is included.

For $930 and no moving parts, this should be AC powered and you should be able to wave your hand in front of it and it comes on.

Well I finally decided against it. I just can't justify the price in my mind. I ordered the Hasbro one instead.

Well I finally decided against it. I just can't justify the price in my mind. I ordered the Hasbro one instead.

Same here...or hopefully Hasbro makes a metal version. For that amount of money you can get 3 great figures or two statues from Sideshow. I am happy with my Thanos Statue.

Re: Hot Toys - Life Size Infinity Gauntlet

Was really gonna po this, then saw good quaility pics of the hasbro on FB. Now I'm thinking its not worth it for the price. Also rather wait to see production pics between HT and Taurus
802fa01255754307cbce1895a093a9b0.jpg
1c83756c7a1c2803616f2850fd97bff7.jpg
39eb355bb89aab3dceb910537c7686c7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I still think it's odd that out of all these Hasbro pieces, the Cap shield is the only one that's not directly from the MCU, but rather comic book based.

The 75th anniversary metal one is based on the movie version.

Actually I'm quite certain that it's not.

The central circle is quite a bit bigger than the one represented in the MCU movies, and as such the outer rings are narrower.

If you check most of the official write outs on that particular piece, it says nothing about the MCU etc, only Captain America in general. And given that it's called the 75th anniversary shield, it sort of makes sense that it's based on the comic piece, or maybe it's just a combination because it's certainly different from the movies.

But I'm not surprised a lot of collectors mistake the shield for the one in the MCU movies. But if you compare it to movie stills, eFX and King Arts replicas, Hot Toys figures, 1/4 Sideshow and Iron Studio statues (all of which have more or less identical shields); you should be able to notice the design difference between all of those and the Hasbro one.

This piece looks awesome! It was an automatic preorder on the day it was released

Actually I'm quite certain that it's not.

The central circle is quite a bit bigger than the one represented in the MCU movies, and as such the outer rings are narrower.

If you check most of the official write outs on that particular piece, it says nothing about the MCU etc, only Captain America in general. And given that it's called the 75th anniversary shield, it sort of makes sense that it's based on the comic piece, or maybe it's just a combination because it's certainly different from the movies.

But I'm not surprised a lot of collectors mistake the shield for the one in the MCU movies. But if you compare it to movie stills, eFX and King Arts replicas, Hot Toys figures, 1/4 Sideshow and Iron Studio statues (all of which have more or less identical shields); you should be able to notice the design difference between all of those and the Hasbro one.

A quick search on google would say otherwise. The plastic one has a simpler star while the metal looks as it does in the movies.

A quick search on google would say otherwise. The plastic one has a simpler star while the metal looks as it does in the movies

I'm not taking about the Star itself. I'm taking about the size of the inner circle in relation to the rest of the shield. The space between the inside edge/corner? of the Star and the edge of the inner circle that the Star is in, is supposed to be almost identical to the space of each of the outer circles. If the thickness of the red and silver circles were a 3, the blue is almost a 5.

But if you believe you're correct, all power to you. As long as you're happy with the piece that's usually all that matters in the end.

For Australia's, this is now up for preorder over at Popcultcha, with a listed price of $1400 AUD.

But as per usual, they have a limited 3 week 10% preorder discount price of $1260 AUD.

I'll probably preorder utilising the usual customer 10% discount to lock in a price of $1134 AUD
(It's cheaper than just the basic currency conversion if you were to get it from Sideshow direct (not including shipping) $930 USD/0.78 = $1192 AUD plus probably $100 to $150 USD shipping I'm thinking).

More than I was hoping, but I can cancel anytime if I change my mind.

Back