1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th scale Black Widow collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She looks great, but maybe you have to darken the eyebrows now...

Yeah , I must consider that..

5c8038a1abf6098c97072bf2742f6af6.jpg

Darker eyebrows as advised [emoji1360][emoji6][emoji1317]

Wonderful figure! I didn’t need to mess with her hair or anything. I love her looks even if it’s not 100% movie accurate.

3752e14cc13006aa55581cd8340cd001.jpg

1140f6afca272560a296ecc7f2b7c495.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Yeah , I must consider that..

5c8038a1abf6098c97072bf2742f6af6.jpg

Darker eyebrows as advised [emoji1360][emoji6][emoji1317]

This looks great - very nicely done! :rock Have to say I could never be this brave with my figures! God knows what my efforts would end up looking like if I were to attempt something like this! :lol

Wonderful figure! I didn’t need to mess with her hair or anything. I love her looks even if it’s not 100% movie accurate.

Nice pics! :clap

This looks great - very nicely done! :rock Have to say I could never be this brave with my figures! God knows what my efforts would end up looking like if I were to attempt something like this! :lol

Thanks man ! But let’s say that I specifically bought this hs off ebay to try this repaint.

The one that came with the IW figure has been only darkened to be more screen accurate
21d49dedc1a6602b29db0c1ec8446d63.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Nice pose and pics! Customs being posted are beautiful. But when I get her plan to leave her as-is too, I like the look.

For those who are unsure if you want this blonde Black Widow, now there is one more reason to entice you! It is $22 off at SSC for Black Friday 2018!
Who would have thought a HT BW would go clearance...

Wait, what is that? The AOU BW was on clearance before? Really? Oh! Never mind then...

The fact that IW BW is on clearance just shows you what a dud and disappointment this figure was. It is technically the newest figure (being from the IW) line, yet it finds itself being marked down...only one reason: no one is buying!!! :lol

That's what you get HT for putting out absolutely hot garbage. Expect to find IW Cap in the discount rack in a few months! :rotfl

Let this be a lesson HT! Don't pump and dump sub-par quality. We, the fans, won't settle for mediocrity. :lecture

The fact that IW BW is on clearance just shows you what a dud and disappointment this figure was. It is technically the newest figure (being from the IW) line, yet it finds itself being marked down...only one reason: no one is buying!!! :lol

That's what you get HT for putting out absolutely hot garbage. Expect to find IW Cap in the discount rack in a few months! :rotfl

Let this be a lesson HT! Don't pump and dump sub-par quality. We, the fans, won't settle for mediocrity. :lecture

Dude, you are pretty much trashing everything that they are making right now... so why are you collecting Hot Toys?

Dude, you are pretty much trashing everything that they are making right now... so why are you collecting Hot Toys?

Nah, I've only been trashing IW Cap the most. IW BW I really haven't been as vocal about, but seeing how it's getting marked down puts a smile on face (and all for the wrong reasons, I still ain't touching that turd with a blonde wig on it).

I've bought IW Thor and got IW Spidey and IW DS on pre-order. I still very much enjoy Hot Toys, but they really need to be called out and shamed when they rush production and sacrifice the high quality standard we've come to expect...and all because they wanted to make a lil more money before A4.

I think you have to ask yourself why does Black Widow - a red haired character in the comics and every film have blonde hair in IW? The answer is simple - and is for the same reason Captain America has a beard - so you can tell them from the time-travel versions that will be in Avengers Annihilation. It the oldest trick in the book in a movie when they plan to show the same character from different time periods - they give then different coloured hair or a beard.

If you don't like the blonde BW, in the tactical gillet - (and I certainly don't) don't buy it, because next year Hot Toys will announce a red-haired version in the classic suit. It will be the best BW to date, because it will have the more accurate body of this one with the signature look and costume. Same with Cap.

The fact that IW BW is on clearance just shows you what a dud and disappointment this figure was. It is technically the newest figure (being from the IW) line, yet it finds itself being marked down...only one reason: no one is buying!!! [emoji38]

FFS, Motux finally retires his crown as "Forum's Biggest ****poster" and you just snatched it right up, huh?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Nah, I've only been trashing IW Cap the most. IW BW I really haven't been as vocal about, but seeing how it's getting marked down puts a smile on face (and all for the wrong reasons, I still ain't touching that turd with a blonde wig on it).

I've bought IW Thor and got IW Spidey and IW DS on pre-order. I still very much enjoy Hot Toys, but they really need to be called out and shamed when they rush production and sacrifice the high quality standard we've come to expect...and all because they wanted to make a lil more money before A4.

Don't think she's a dud - can't be, they re-used a great sculpt. Not SA - but since I've got other Widows she's a nice variant. IMO $20 a cheap discount and not enough to move on her yet. Not like HT included a spear or anything to display her with.

Completely agree tho that HT w. rising prices does need to be called out. Esp. when you've had multiple bites at the apple:mad:. Esp. when a fig represents a character w. a huge fan base - Cap, Batman, Spiderman, IM. Also HT IMO should stop investing in making Stormtroopers and invest in better sculpts and diecast accessories or something; too many Stormtroopers on sale. And it would've been nice to have an IW Okoye to display with this Widow.:(

I think you have to ask yourself why does Black Widow - a red haired character in the comics and every film have blonde hair in IW? The answer is simple - and is for the same reason Captain America has a beard - so you can tell them from the time-travel versions that will be in Avengers Annihilation. It the oldest trick in the book in a movie when they plan to show the same character from different time periods - they give then different coloured hair or a beard.

If you don't like the blonde BW, in the tactical gillet - (and I certainly don't) don't buy it, because next year Hot Toys will announce a red-haired version in the classic suit. It will be the best BW to date, because it will have the more accurate body of this one with the signature look and costume. Same with Cap.

Hmm, I guess that's why Tony had a shaved head in IW! Now I will be able to tell it's the younger him in A4 when he has his hair back!

Lol bruh, the reason why Cap has a beard and Widow has blonde hair is because they are fugitives, so they have different looks. I highly doubt the filmmakers gave them different looks so we can tell them apart for any time travel sequence.

FFS, Motux finally retires his crown as "Forum's Biggest ****poster" and you just snatched it right up, huh?

What ya talking about, cupcake? You may perceive my warranted criticism as **** talking, but are my points not valid though?

Also, wasn't aware there was such a crown. When will I be receiving mine? :lol

Don't think she's a dud - can't be, they re-used a great sculpt. Not SA - but since I've got other Widows she's a nice variant. IMO $20 a cheap discount and not enough to move on her yet. Not like HT included a spear or anything to display her with.

Completely agree tho that HT w. rising prices does need to be called out. Esp. when you've had multiple bites at the apple:mad:. Esp. when a fig represents a character w. a huge fan base - Cap, Batman, Spiderman, IM. Also HT IMO should stop investing in making Stormtroopers and invest in better sculpts and diecast accessories or something; too many Stormtroopers on sale. And it would've been nice to have an IW Okoye to display with this Widow.:(

Well this is the same sculpt from CW, which I own, and it's probably the best representation of ScarJo by far...but they ruined the head sculpt with that awful one-tone blonde wig and the paint app wasn't anything special either...and yeah, she def should have had the spear included...but ya know what HT's new thing is, right? Mark prices higher, include less accessories, and bump down quality of actor likeness.

What ya talking about, cupcake? You may perceive my warranted criticism as **** talking, but are my points not valid though?

Also, wasn't aware there was such a crown. When will I be receiving mine? [emoji38]
Well, there's "voicing your opinion on a figure" and then there's "constantly negging a figure over and over again across threads any time others show positivity towards it." It starts to look less like criticizing or discussing the figure, and more like trying to **** on other people's enjoyment of it.

Everyone's mileage may vary when collecting, and it's fine if you need a perfect figure right out of the box. If you have no skill to customize or futz, then yeah, IW Black Widow may not be a figure for you because HT is just going to root the hair at the right length and be done. But a dud? Nah. With a little work you can style/tame the hair just fine, darken the roots, and she looks great. I know that's not for everyone, but a lot of the people I see here buy these expensive figures and then pose them terribly anyway, so clearly the willingness to put some effort into making them look their best out of the box runs the gamut.

Re: IW Cap, again, I get that some people can only afford 1 Cap for instance. And so it would make sense to look for their "best" version of cap, whatever that may be. It may require that the headsculpt looks perfectly like the actor, and perhaps that's not IW Cap. But again, even that is subjective.

Obviously, don't buy a figure if it doesnt make you happy. But it felt like your negativity towards it was crossing over into "the figure doesn't make me happy, so I want it to make everyone ELSE unhappy too" territory.

Well, there's "voicing your opinion on a figure" and then there's "constantly negging a figure over and over again across threads any time others show positivity towards it." It starts to look less like criticizing or discussing the figure, and more like trying to **** on other people's enjoyment of it.

Everyone's mileage may vary when collecting, and it's fine if you need a perfect figure right out of the box. If you have no skill to customize or futz, then yeah, IW Black Widow may not be a figure for you because HT is just going to root the hair at the right length and be done. But a dud? Nah. With a little work you can style/tame the hair just fine, darken the roots, and she looks great. I know that's not for everyone, but a lot of the people I see here buy these expensive figures and then pose them terribly anyway, so clearly the willingness to put some effort into making them look their best out of the box runs the gamut.

Re: IW Cap, again, I get that some people can only afford 1 Cap for instance. And so it would make sense to look for their "best" version of cap, whatever that may be. It may require that the headsculpt looks perfectly like the actor, and perhaps that's not IW Cap. But again, even that is subjective.

Obviously, don't buy a figure if it doesnt make you happy. But it felt like your negativity towards it was crossing over into "the figure doesn't make me happy, so I want it to make everyone ELSE unhappy too" territory.

I certainly can see how you have formed your perspective that I'm being a Negative Nancy for the sake of spreading negativity around, but I just want to clarify that that is certainly NOT the case. I am dumping on IW Cap because I am absolutely astounded that HT could drop the ball on what was supposed to be an incredibly sought after figure. They completely botched the head sculpt...forget the crap likeness...what the heck is with the attachment mullet seam???

This is a clear example of HT sacrificing quality for potential profits and now it will cost them. If you don't believe it, then why would SS already discount the premiere IW figure: Black Widow? (It was the first figure released for the IW line. Released less than a year and already being discounted???) The demand is simply not there and that is 100% due to the drop in quality. You talk about how some customization would fix the one-tone hair treatment, however we're not talking about American Girl dolls here! We're talking about a company that specializes in premium priced figures that are intended to look like the on-screen actor, so any additional futzing by the customer to make the figure more on-screen accurate shouldn't be something that needs to be done, especially at this price-point.

I think it's clear that I'm not buying IW BW or IW Cap, but I think me voicing my opinion, which is shared by many others, is totally justified on a forum where the entire point is for us to discuss our thoughts on these really expensive toys. Also, I don't recall going out of my way to rob anyone of their joy or desire for this figure. If people think the likeness is spot-on or want it, then go for it, but I don't believe I've ever explicitly tried to diminish their sanctification or contentment if they already own it.

Now this is me spit-balling and completely theorizing, but I feel like my supposed "constant negging" is getting to you because you yourself are probably on the fence with this fig and my totally justified opinion on the matter is not giving you the validation you want or need to pull the trigger on these subpar releases. If you want it then buy it, don't let me stop you. In fact, I'm not trying to intentionally stop you. It's your call if you want to pay a premium for a really bad figure! :lol :lol :lol

I'm just kidding. Buy it if you want...even if you know I hate it. :wink1:

PS: TwelveInchFigures if you're reading this, please understand this is NOT a rant. This is just a rebuttal that required a detailed response. ;)

Now this is me spit-balling and completely theorizing, but I feel like my supposed "constant negging" is getting to you because you yourself are probably on the fence with this fig and my totally justified opinion on the matter is not giving you the validation you want or need to pull the trigger on these subpar releases.

I had it preordered day 1, even when the proto headsculpt was iffy. This one is an improvement. If the hair seam in the back bothers me in person, a little bit of epoxy putty and some paint and it will be gone in an hour. So no, I'm not in the fence about it.

Minor nitpicks aside, you know what I see when I look these figures? Cap from Infinity War, or Black Widow from Infinity War. Period. And if I skipped them over minor nitpicks? I'd see a big hole in my collection where IW Cap and BW are supposed to be.

I own nearly every Marvel Hot Toy, and some of them have FAR more questionable likenesses than these figures. I collect the figures to represent my love of these movies, and what I felt watching them, not because I need a perfect little Chris Evans on my shelf (though from an art standpoint they're impressive when it happens.)

Back