1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th scale Black Widow collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another BW IW hair repaint with a slightly different style.
9f46abad639a17d056f4c40b3e91bb54.jpg

450acff239c9ae603952b5cc701b62b6.jpg
ebb36e522850b514310fd0f03c91c714.jpg

70ca18f8a9867c19bd5ee13fa064d033.jpg

966a11c927be346f6760414d61e36bb6.jpg

Did you just thin it down with water? At what ratio? One drop Black to 20 drops water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you just thin it down with water? At what ratio? One drop Black to 20 drops water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used Tamiya semi gloss black very watered down and added one drop of black at the time to darken some areas.
Didn’t watered for the roots.

I used Tamiya semi gloss black very watered down and added one drop of black at the time to darken some areas.

That looks fantastic, such a difference with the roots painted in, looks like a toy with the standard hair

Did you wash or do anything to the hair before painting it? I'm expecting this figure soon and I might try something like this myself.

That looks fantastic, such a difference with the roots painted in, looks like a toy with the standard hair

Thanks man I appreciate it [emoji1317]
It is a beautiful hs on a very good figure dragged down by this “doll” hair.
HT really dropped the ball on those hair...

Did you wash or do anything to the hair before painting it? I'm expecting this figure soon and I might try something like this myself.

No washing because this BW comes with almost no hair product applied (like Avegers version for example).
I did some styling afterwards.

No washing because this BW comes with almost no hair product applied (like Avegers version for example).
I did some styling afterwards.

Thanks! :duff
When I get her, I'm gonna try to paint the hair according to your pics and info.

I got her late last week. It looks a lot better in hand than any of the pictures. I thinks the roots are fine as I am not crazy enough to retouch her hair...Looks good enough already to me! Carry on!

I hope I can pick her up this year - too much coming down the pipe:horror. Some really beautiful jobs but I'll leave her hair alone too. I like the platinum blonde/cherry lips, screen accurate or not. Figure my CW and TWS Natashas cover the "classic" look. If I'm lucky they'll release a classic BW for her solo movie too.:pray:

So I got this from popcultcha (great fig btw) but the strap on one of the holsters is snapped! I am loathe to return yet another figure so super glue is the only other option. Any suggestions? I can’t see how it can be removed to fix and a bit nervous about having super glue so close to the outfit. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

So I got this from popcultcha (great fig btw) but the strap on one of the holsters is snapped! I am loathe to return yet another figure so super glue is the only other option. Any suggestions? I can’t see how it can be removed to fix and a bit nervous about having super glue so close to the outfit. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks.

Superglue on a figure clothes will stain them I think. I don’t recommend that.

Do NOT use superglue, it will ruin the fabric. Use this fabric glue. It dries clear and is made for gluing fabric.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Beacon-F...ve-8-Ounce-THE-GLUE-GUN-IN-A-BOTTLE/584811295

Thanks for the replies. So my next question is that Toy Anxiety have the holster/belt for sale so it must be removable without damaging it - does anyone know how to do that? I can’t see any clasps etc? That would be ideal because it would mean better access to fix and no ruining of the suit. I’m new to this so any help would be appreciated! PS my eyesight is shocking even with prescription glasses so there is probably some small clasp on the belt I am not seeing. Thanks.

Thanks for the replies. So my next question is that Toy Anxiety have the holster/belt for sale so it must be removable without damaging it - does anyone know how to do that? I can’t see any clasps etc? That would be ideal because it would mean better access to fix and no ruining of the suit. I’m new to this so any help would be appreciated! PS my eyesight is shocking even with prescription glasses so there is probably some small clasp on the belt I am not seeing. Thanks.

*Guessing* that the original belt opening is a tiny tab - maybe glued - under the buckle e.g. the pic looks like they got it off without opening but maybe they didn't. If they did suspect they took off feet/boots and slipped down over hips.

But u could try wax paper or plastic wrap under where u will glue, without taking off belt. Get some tweezers to position stuff and plastic coated wire or whatever to use as a kind of clamp after gluing to hold stuff. Use toothpicks to apply glue, position and let dry. Fabric glue is pretty forgiving and gives time to work. Clamp somehow if u can (padded closepin? wire? fabric strips?) all glue works better w. pressure.

Good luck this kind of stuff happens w. HT - I've had to reglue TWS Bucky straps and studs, and other stuff. At least u know u will do a good job. Fabric glue for cloth, super glue for hard plastics, epoxy for metal....

*Guessing* that the original belt opening is a tiny tab - maybe glued - under the buckle e.g. the pic looks like they got it off without opening but maybe they didn't. If they did suspect they took off feet/boots and slipped down over hips.

But u could try wax paper or plastic wrap under where u will glue, without taking off belt. Get some tweezers to position stuff and plastic coated wire or whatever to use as a kind of clamp after gluing to hold stuff. Use toothpicks to apply glue, position and let dry. Fabric glue is pretty forgiving and gives time to work. Clamp somehow if u can (padded closepin? wire? fabric strips?) all glue works better w. pressure.

Good luck this kind of stuff happens w. HT - I've had to reglue TWS Bucky straps and studs, and other stuff. At least u know u will do a good job. Fabric glue for cloth, super glue for hard plastics, epoxy for metal....

Thank you that’s exactly what I needed to know! Appreciate it.

Thank you that’s exactly what I needed to know! Appreciate it.

Welcome! :duff IMO most HT glue jobs aren't bad. Trying to re-zip some of the HT jackets tho if they come unzipped can be pretty tough.:horror Depends on the fig costume.

Today I’ve experimented again with another HT BW IW hs.
I’ve tried to achieve an original Avengers look.

c281fcc1f71a3c22e3db7cf03e5c35d5.jpg

Started from there as always
1238f80e1b7b7a2d0bcb4bac64e79c83.jpg

a5d72d732313cd60ac4f2544f1953db9.jpg

A first hand to change the main color.

...and the final result with highlights and shadows :
5687b63795ac384409bd3f2de6b1cc35.jpg

4342d172a62a9459d270301a19526f95.jpg

b733ddca43f2939f1ab898d13be21757.jpg

195bd7a5d4687eee692c18783304f666.jpg

Back