1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th scale Black Widow collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wish the hair was sculpted!

I don’t understand their obsession with doing doll hair on all the marvel female figures.

Even with the shorter hair, the rooted hair makes the most sense. Blonde hair is nearly impossible to get right with paint. It always looks somewhat off in color. The best way for this bleach blonde look to look right is the rooted hair route. I’m not the biggest fan of rooted hair either, but it was the best choice this time.

I finally ordered her. My last major purchase for the year so I can save up for all the figures I ordered next year....

A lot of female marvel figures from hot toys I avoid. Black Widow and Scarlet Witch being key examples. The hair/facesculps/paint just don't do it for me most of the time. That being said I have Gamora and Hela on pre-order, will likely pick up Nebula when she is released, and if Avengers 4 has a black widow figure I can stand, will pick it up.

This figure has a solid head sculpt, and paint looks fine. The rooted here I don't love, but not sure if that can improved much. Also I think the blonde here I wouldn't enjoy long term, especially this one tone hair color. It looks like she has a pony tail in avengers 4, and that might be the look I ultimately desire, or ultimately leads to the best overall figure. For now, skipping this figure.

A lot of female marvel figures from hot toys I avoid. Black Widow and Scarlet Witch being key examples. The hair/facesculps/paint just don't do it for me most of the time. That being said I have Gamora and Hela on pre-order, will likely pick up Nebula when she is released, and if Avengers 4 has a black widow figure I can stand, will pick it up.

This figure has a solid head sculpt, and paint looks fine. The rooted here I don't love, but not sure if that can improved much. Also I think the blonde here I wouldn't enjoy long term, especially this one tone hair color. It looks like she has a pony tail in avengers 4, and that might be the look I ultimately desire, or ultimately leads to the best overall figure. For now, skipping this figure.

At least the closeups I saw, there is a mix of colors in the hair tho who knows w. protos vs. production. For me, if I wanted darker roots I'd try dusting in a hair powder for roots, or eye shadow, that way in theory I could wash out (vs. using a fabric dye on the roots):frank

I want this but Bucky is a priority and working very hard not to stack up POs. The bill comes due. Always.:horror

I always felt like this bleached look was a little off IMHO. In the trailers for IW, the closeup of ScarJo made her look like she had no eyebrows because of the bleaching.

If this leaked promo pic for Avengers 4 is real, I'm probably going to wait for that.

Spoiler Spoiler:

BW as a blonde just doesn't feel right, though I'm sure there other instances in comics and toys where it was fine... or rather she was...

Black Widow movie, Black Widow, will surely be the definitive figure for this character - probably with an interchangeable head sculpt.

The pony tail could look a little Hunger Games.

Black Widow movie, Black Widow, will surely be the definitive figure for this character - probably with an interchangeable head sculpt.

The pony tail could look a little Hunger Games.

Looks like her solo movie will be a prequel, so a figure from that movie may not be as definitive as one may hope (but I will surly get one anyway, unless they totally messed her up). To me, the definitive BW was the CW Widow, or if they come out with a IM2 Widow 2.0 with accessories!!!

I always felt like this bleached look was a little off IMHO. In the trailers for IW, the closeup of ScarJo made her look like she had no eyebrows because of the bleaching.

If this leaked promo pic for Avengers 4 is real, I'm probably going to wait for that.

Spoiler Spoiler:

BW as a blonde just doesn't feel right, though I'm sure there other instances in comics and toys where it was fine... or rather she was...

It's always something. If she has a pony tail in the next movie hot toys will finally go with sculpted hair but then give us ugly exposed neck joint.

& the IW display expands slowly but surely...
6be6d216fa9bdcfb4f3b79caf4a0fc50.jpg

not the biggest fan of the hair, but i won’t let it bother me that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully get mine this weekend. I'm gonna Mod the poo out of the hair... hopefully it turns out the way I'm envisioning it lol

Hopefully get mine this weekend. I'm gonna Mod the poo out of the hair... hopefully it turns out the way I'm envisioning it lol

what did u have in mind? i’m scared to mod any of my HTs. not much to experience there @ all for me!

what did u have in mind? i’m scared to mod any of my HTs. not much to experience there @ all for me!

Just thinking about getting it into more of what it looked like in the film. Style it and get the roots in.

What do you plan to put in the hair? I want to mod my AOU Black Widow.

Hair Gel, the strong stuff I used to use when I spiked my hair when I was younger lol. I used it on my AOU Black Widow Too.

38783097_10212189819049095_737566800937484288_n.jpg

Back