1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th scale Black Widow collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
e7c1fe91d91e4e2be2e0726089cfb20e.jpg

tumblr_oso9qkRT6m1qk7scno1_400.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree

I have to agree with this so far as well. Not overly impressed by any of them. Still want to see the full reveal for Cap and Falcon, and maybe Vision but I haven't seen one yet that I plan on preordering.

I honestly don't foresee the hair being much of a problem to fix in-hand. Rooted hair can be tamed and styled if you just take a bit of time with it, and as I said earlier, all its really missing is some roots and slight variation in tone, which can likely be achieved with a little light airbrushing/brushwork.

widow.jpg

The cost would be pretty close to the same. Problem is with approvals. They would have to completely start that over. Which takes time. And manpower. Plus every seller would have to offer full refunds, including any NRD, for that type of change. And given this is set to come out in just a few months there’s a decent chance it’s already in production. Now that I think about it, it would require a decent amount of additional money because it’s a reused sculpt that was previously tooled for rooted hair. They would have to sculpt the hair. Do new tooling. Get approvals. Would probably be a 6 month delay and cost them a significant amount of money.

Obviously it’s possible. But given they sold the other ones in the past fine with rooted hair I can’t see them doing it this time.

It's too bad. I was interested in this figure before I saw how the hair looks, but now...well, I might still pick it up and put a different Scarlett Johansson head on it, but then all I'd really be doing is buying a Black Widow figure because she has a vest on.

You know what head might look good with this though, and I happen to have an extra one on hand--is the Age of Ultron head. The hair is short, and it's not as styled as her Avengers hair, and it looks kind of suitable for an on-the-run version of Natasha who isn't getting to the hair salon every week. Maybe I'll just do that.

Yeah that head may look good. This may end up better looking. The main issue is how stark, no pun intended, the hair is. It’s possible they tone it down or dye the ends to give the roots the correct look. If not it will definitely stand out on a shelf. Lol

As for her being to butch..really? It’s 2018 right? She’s an undercover on the run warrior not a stripper.

Honestly the more I’m seeing this I like it. Even the rooted hair isn’t bothering me as much as it is most in here.

I’m sorry but after looking at these picture over and over again , I just don’t see Scarlet Johansson. The body is completely wrong ! I’m satisfied with my civil war version .

I’m sorry but after looking at these picture over and over again , I just don’t see Scarlet Johansson. The body is completely wrong ! I’m satisfied with my civil war version .

He says, while looking at a figure using the same headsculpt and likely the exact same TT body as the CW version XD

I honestly don't foresee the hair being much of a problem to fix in-hand. Rooted hair can be tamed and styled if you just take a bit of time with it, and as I said earlier, all its really missing is some roots and slight variation in tone, which can likely be achieved with a little light airbrushing/brushwork.

View attachment 403201

Yeah I was thinking that too. It might be possible to slightly darken the hair to make it more screen-accurate.

Yeah I was thinking that too. It might be possible to slightly darken the hair to make it more screen-accurate.

Yeah, acrylic paint watered down to the consistency of ink would do the job nicely actually now that you bring it up...

(I've done it before, just not on something this expensive/fiddly. (It has the bonus side effect of deadening that plastic uber-shine too.) Eesh, whilst I have done this sort of thing before, I'd personally be terrified about doing that whilst the hair was still attached to the fully painted and expensive to replace HS. But that's why I'm firmly on the amateur end of the scale when it comes to customs.)

I Wonder if the vest is removable and shes just wearing the standard Widow suit underneath?

It does look like the standard Widow suit. As far as the vest who knows...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So no guns at all this time!! Just 2 “disk shooters”? Are they like some kind of kids toys? The head sculpt looks good from JC’s pix, hope final product holds up. The CW Widow final product sculpt was sublime...

I don’t think the vest is removable...just like NA Scarlet Witch’s jacket...

Back