1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th scale Black Widow collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To be fair, the design choices made for most of the characters are kind of lame, but this one is my biggest headscratcher, who was complaining about black widow in the other movies? But yeah that hair is just unbearable.
It's like you don't realize she's been a fugitive from the law since Civil War...

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Will there be an A4 Widow? I thought they largely look the same in both movies?

Well, assuming in IW1 everything has gone to ****, there's no reason for anyone to keep hiding and her hair would be growing and the blonde dye wearing off and all that. Guessing she'd look more like TWS Widow, only hair not so sleek.

So I'm def getting this one. I like her outfit too.

I don't mind her for something different. For a character who doesn't change much between movies, if you had all three Avenger versions you'd have all her major variations.

Wouldn't buy her though. Civil War would be my "definitive" (I don't really like that word with the MCU), if I could be bothered getting rid of TWS so as to not have two very similar versions of a character I'm not interested in collecting multiples of..

Hideous hair- BW is a red head. Period. Why she changed hair color in this important movie appearance is beyond me. The outfit is big meh.

Hideous hair- BW is a red head. Period. Why she changed hair color in this important movie appearance is beyond me. The outfit is big meh.

Why she changed her hair is pretty obvious. She is on the run. That is the CW sculpt that everyone loved.

And worse then a Barbie? Really?

Like just about everyone else, kinda digging the 'on the run' outfit, but really not feeling Hot Toy's attempt at the blonde hair. It looks like a cheap Halloween fright wig unfortunately - seems to be an unfortunate combo of slightly overscaled fibres, wrong colour and poor styling. I'm sure there'll be some amazing customs down the line with tibetan wool and the like, but... As it is the prototype with its plastic fibres is a bit lacking.

I think I'll stick with the CW Widow, barring a massive shock improvement between the prototype and the final product. I was kinda planning on maybe picking this one up given her very different look in this film, but the sales images did the opposite of their intended job.

There has been a blonde Black Widow in the comics Yelena Belova. Maybe they are paying a little homage to the comic book fans of the character with this look. Plus if she's in hiding it makes sense.

Stinks this is rooted. I want a Widow but only if it has sculpted hair, which likely isn’t happening at this point. I will get a hernia if the long-shot odds of the Black Order happen, but Proxima has rooted hair.

I wonder if it would cost Hot Toys that much to change her hair to sculpted at this point? Has the figure actually gone into production yet? And for a production run I would assume sculpted hair is cheaper to do in bulk anyway?

The cost would be pretty close to the same. Problem is with approvals. They would have to completely start that over. Which takes time. And manpower. Plus every seller would have to offer full refunds, including any NRD, for that type of change. And given this is set to come out in just a few months there’s a decent chance it’s already in production. Now that I think about it, it would require a decent amount of additional money because it’s a reused sculpt that was previously tooled for rooted hair. They would have to sculpt the hair. Do new tooling. Get approvals. Would probably be a 6 month delay and cost them a significant amount of money.

Obviously it’s possible. But given they sold the other ones in the past fine with rooted hair I can’t see them doing it this time.

Back