1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Infinity War 1/6th scale Black Widow collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I keep going back and forth with the CW version. Undoubtedly the best headsculpt but I don't like how skinny they made the body. Not only does it not really represent her real physique but I think it exacerbates the doll look. With a better headsculpt I think the Avengers version would be my definitive BW.

I keep going back and forth with the CW version. Undoubtedly the best headsculpt but I don't like how skinny they made the body. Not only does it not really represent her real physique but I think it exacerbates the doll look. With a better headsculpt I think the Avengers version would be my definitive BW.

The Civil War outfit makes the body look thin and not as curvy as it should be, so I ended up buying an Age of Ultron Black Widow because of the extra thickness of the costume, and then gave her a Civil War head. I think the Age of Ultron version might have one of those Hot Toys "tee-shirts" underneath the outfit too, which bulks it up a bit.

CW was the best definitive classics look. if you want comic book accurate look, then that's the best you can find. This IW version is different/refreshing/ugly depending on your perspective. I like it, it's unique enough for me.

HT has put out so many versions of Black Widow, it looks like it would be simple to kitbash a custom that incorporates the best of each figure.

From HT MAD MAN Facebook page...

Attachments

• D2C5C07E-5896-48FE-A77C-86DB10437A33.jpeg
    D2C5C07E-5896-48FE-A77C-86DB10437A33.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 216
How many tries do Hot Toys need to get it right?? I was hoping they would improve since they nailed Hela and Valkyrie recently

I still say it’s a repaint of the Civil War portrait with different hair.

If you look at the couple of pictures we have of the IW BW, it has similar facial proportions and the same slight furrowing of the brows.

That hair needs to be styled better, or rooted better, or whatever it is that will make it look better. Right now it just looks like Natasha wearing a cheap wig. It doesn't look like it's actually her hair at all.

And actually, continuity be damned, if I don't like the final headsculpt for this I'll just buy one of those knockoff Civil War heads with the long blonde hair that you can find on ebay. I like the idea of Natasha going blonde to disguise her looks , but I never did like the short hairdo.

Here's something else I'm wondering about: could Hot Toys produce this figure with no new pieces other than the green vest? Because it looks like a standard Black Widow uniform under there. If Hot Toys doesn't give us a new headsculpt for this, it could end up being a glorified kitbash.

It’s a repaint of the CW sculpt, which is comforting. The blonde hair needs to be styled much better. The accessories are a bit disappointing...

Only the zipper of the vest appears movable. The zipper of the inner bodysuit is fake. So for the first time in forever, you can’t unzipped her to show more cleavage...if that really matters to you...

Easy pass! I’ll stick with my WS and CW Widows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way more excited about the Outrider and Corvus Glaive in those two pics. [emoji38]
Will that not be Proxima rather than Corvus? I dunno personally I just thought she fights her

Sent from a point in space and time

I've never complained or mind rooted hair, but there's a first for everything.

This figure looks bad with that blonde rooted hair in my opinion. I couldn't focus on anything else in the pictures. Would be much better sculpted. I hope they pull a Ripley and change it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back