Hot Toys Avatar is official (Movie spoilers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hot Toys Avatar is official

lol with clash of the titans coming out ... i dont really think we need human sully ... theres going to be too many sam worthington headsculpts.

Re: Hot Toys Avatar is official

Let's lose the spoiler tags - we'll assume everyone who's excited about the HT figures has seen the film.

Saw the film and loved it! More extensive review in the movie forum - but The Colonel is a must - even if they don't do the AMP suit (and they didn't do Iron Monger, so they probably won't) I still want a colonel -awesome look!

The only other figures I'd want are Na'vi Jake and Neyteri. Both could be single figures with alternate final battle heads and lots of accessories. However HT is probably going to want to get more use out of this oversized rubber body - so I expect we'll get at least 2 different Na'vi Jakes.

yeah true.

just saying if they to were reuse na'vi bodies would you rather see two versions of each sully and neytiri or 4 different characters?

The movie kicked all kinds of ass, but I still don't need any collectibles from it. Still interested in seeing what HT does though.

True 1/6 scale Navis?

Na'vis for everybody!
I can already see myself buying some fish-tank plants to make a kick-ass display!

IMO, all they have to make are the Colonel, Na'vi Jake and Neyteri.
However, I can see them making more characters or versions to squeeze more out of the molds.

I know this is (very) wishful and unrealistic thinking, but I'd like to see HT make a Banshee :lol

Oh, here's another thing I just thought about...

I don't know if it is possible, but it would be cool IMO;

What if HT made the lightblue dots that run over the Na'vi bodies with a fluorescent paint or something?
You know that when it's getting dark these dots light up a bit like they did in the movie?
As I said, I don't know if it's possible, but it would give these figures a very cool appearance!

Is anybody else worried this might be like the Matrix licence

You mean like smaller scaled stuff like the Sentinel?

Well, the license announcement said they'd make 1/6 figures...

Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series is going to bring you some of the great characters from Iron Man 2, Clash of the Titans, Prince of Persia and Avatar in their 1/6th scale movie-accurate collectible.

So I hope they'll do what that announcement said...

Is anybody else worried this might be like the Matrix licence

If it were any other company I'd say that 1/6th figures would be impossible. But it's HT - so a 20 inch tall blue alien (with flourescent skin) - no problem!

the only thing im worried about is if we are certain ht will do this line...

i mean look at aldo raine... where is he?!

What if HT made the lightblue dots that run over the Na'vi bodies with a fluorescent paint or something?
You know that when it's getting dark these dots light up a bit like they did in the movie?
As I said, I don't know if it's possible, but it would give these figures a very cool appearance!

Wow great idea!!..Im shure Hot Toys can do that in the some way..

the only thing im worried about is if we are certain ht will do this line...

i mean look at aldo raine... where is he?!

I don't think Aldo has disappeared into the ether. I'm willing to bet he'll be shown sometime soon.

As for Avatar, I see this film doing big numbers internationally (it made more money internationally than domestically during its first couple days of release). Also, this is a James Cameron film. HT has a boner for Cameron's flicks.

That's would be cool...like with glow in the dark paint our something!!!
:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

Would look awesome with a black light on!

I was actually thinking that it would be nice if we got some of the creatures from hot toys as well. Fingers crossed for the flying ones in particular...ok just wishful thinking i know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back