Hot Toys artist profiles:

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butters

Super Freak
Reaction score
JCHong.jpg

J.C. Hong is the Production Director and Chief Painter based in Korea. J.C. is responsible in overseeing the whole production process, while offering professional advice on head painting, art direction and production to create high quality collectible figures.

J.C. possesses over 17 years of extensive experience in figures painting and is a passionate painter who had practiced painting for over 30 years, eventually turning his hobby into a successful career. His detailed mind and perfectionism has driven him to produce excellent works.

Nowadays, J.C. manages a team of sculptors, costume makers and a large production team. He also leads the coordination and communications between the creative and production teams.

Before joining Hot Toys, J.C. was an influential drawing teacher in Japan educating high school students in different colleges for 3 years. He was also a magazine writer as well as a game producer for online games in Japan. In 2002, J.C. started painting small parts of figures in Korea and became painting advisor for 6” figures. In 2006, he met Howard Chan, CEO & Founder of Hot Toys Limited who shared common interest in movies and collectible figures. J.C. then joined Hot Toys in 2007.

J.C. had studied Industrial Design in Keamyeon College in Korea, majoring in Illustration. J.C. has loved painting all his life, and had started painting since he was 6 years old. He paints everything and anything, especially those that imitates reality. In his free time, J.C. enjoys painting small military figures, watching movies and animations.

Yulli.jpg

Yulli is a Chief Sculptor based in Korea, and is responsible for overseeing the head sculpture process while offering professional acumen to create high quality collectible figures.

Yulli possesses over 12 years of extensive experience in head sculpting, and had initially sculpted 1:1 scale statues. Yulli is a passionate sculptor who seeks perfection in her sculpture. She is never satisfied with her works because she feels she can definitely do better for her next project.

Nowadays, Yulli manages a team of sculptors in Korea and is involved in coordination and communications between the creative and production teams.

Inspired by her father, young Yulli became interested in sculpting, and had dreamt of either becoming a sculptor, artist, or designer. Yulli's elder brother is also a sculptor.

Before joining Hot Toys, Yulli had studied Fine Arts in Hongik University – an extremely famous school of Fine Arts and Design in Korea. Yulli focused on sculpting as it was her main interest. She used to teach sculpting to high school students for 2 years after graduating from the University. In 2005, she met JC Hong, her great influencer, who had appreciated her works, introduced her to Hot Toys in 2006. Both J.C. and Yulli are working hard to offer high quality collectibles to customers.

In her free time, Yulli loves cycling and enjoys watching different kinds of movies.

Kojun.jpg

Kojun is a talented and celebrated sculptor. He is responsible for head sculpting and art direction to create high quality and movie-accurate collectible figures. His recent sculpting projects include the sought-after DX Batman/ Bruce Wayne from The Dark Knight Rises, Nick Fury and Thor from The Avengers, and Bespin Luke Skywalker from the Star Wars movie.

Kojun had studied Ceramics Design in Dankook University. Before joining Hot Toys, Kojun was an artist admired for his outstanding sculpture works. He has now turned his passion for figures into a successful career. Kojun loves figure collection.

KAKim.jpg

K.A. Kim is a talented and celebrated sculptor based in Korea. Kim is responsible for head sculpting to create movie-accurate collectible figures. Her recent works include Lt. Jim Gordon from The Dark Knight movie, Angelica from the Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides movie, Captain America (Rescue Uniform Version) from the Captain America: The First Avenger, Captain America, Black Widow and Hawkeye from The Avengers.

Before joining Hot Toys, Kim worked in an academy of sculpture for 5 years and taught students head sculpting of human beings. She learnt Art in high school, and majored in Sculpture at Sungsin Woman's University. In her free time, Kim likes watching movies and performances, through which she gets inspiration for her works.

People would ask questions lke: 'why so many delays?', 'why announce a project a year before you're ready to show anything from it?, whatever happened to this figure displayed at that show more than a year ago?, why have the headsculpts paint changed for the worst?, how come figures are coming with less accessories now?

They decide to post a fluff piece with news nonody asked for. Typical hot toys :pow

I thought it was interesting reading about the artists backgrounds. How could you seriously invest in figures and not be interested in the people that make them. I hope we get more info about the rest of the HT artistic team.

I thought it was interesting reading about the artists backgrounds. How could you seriously invest in figures and not be interested in the people that make them. I hope we get more info about the rest of the HT artistic team.

Have you missed all the hornball, stalkerish, creepy posts by the maternal basement dwellers about how hot Yulli is? :dunno

Same way i invest in my clothes without knowing who stitched them or my favourite 80's film without knowing who wrote the script.

Have you missed all the hornball, stalkerish, creepy posts by the maternal basement dwellers about how hot Yulli is? :dunno

:lol I've seen comments about her talent and beauty, but nothing overtly sexual or insulting.

Sneaks chimping around and hurling turds.

Bogarting.

The mods must have cleaned things up??

Same way i invest in my clothes without knowing who stitched them or my favourite 80's film without knowing who wrote the script.

I'm sure you'd show more enthusiasm if it was about 3A (ThreeA?) artists, but it's not... :(

They forgot Howard Chan! :lecture

I would have -- but it was only about their Korean artists, unfortunately.

I found this old HC video on Sideshow, though.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/videos.php?videoID=204&license

Back