Hot Toys announces 'The Child' is coming in 1/6, 1/4 AND Lifesize versions!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:p

ht&ss.jpg

I'm more surprised really that people didn't expect HT to make more Mando collectibles, specifically the 1:1. I think the SS one looks great, has nice detail and the price is quite reasonable. HT I'm sure will be more expensive anyway, but might also be better quality/detail. We'll see.

That HT announcement reeks of desperation lol. "Hey, wait! Don't buy that very nice looking, reasonably priced version! Wait for ours! Buy ours instead!"

Hey, HT, here's an idea: Just wait until you have product to show, before making an announcement. Oh, and how about focusing on the long overdue figures you've been teasing forever now, like Bespin Han?

Can anyone list some examples of Sideshow drop-offs from proto to production? I know way back a Rogue statue was a scandal. Thanos IMO looks pretty good. A recent Wonder Woman has a paint job that isn't horrible but not like the proto, and that it was a toss-up re their Court of the Dead Queen would have properly placed back tats. But IMO their Captain Marvel is stunning.

For figs - IMO Boba looks pretty good. I've got Sideshow's Jawas on order even tho I KNOW there's plenty of complaints about weak joints, so the epoxy is ready.:monkey3 They will be my first SS figs.

Dunno their Bucky and Shuri are mind blowing. Holding on - for whatever reason assumed any life size version I would have would articulate - wasn't thinking - e.g. the statues of Thanos' gauntlet don't. But I would miss a life size version not being able to do arm/head poses. But not if the portrait is off.:panic::panic::panic:

I can?t speak for the statues, but just about every ss 1:6 human sculpt had a major drop off from proto to production. X wing luke for example was severe. C3po had backwards thumbs for goodness sake. The problem is they charged hot toys prices without the quality. Skiff lando is a good example, in regards to the sculpt.

I agree Sideshow doesn't have the greatest track record, but frankly I see just as many drop-offs in quality with HT paintjobs as well (the latest one being Bespin Leia).

The big thing separating them is that HT starts off with much better sculpts. But that shouldn't be an issue here, since Sideshow already has a perfect sculpt created by Legacy Effects, so now it's just a matter of getting it painted up properly.

I can?t speak for the statues, but just about every ss 1:6 human sculpt had a major drop off from proto to production. X wing luke for example was severe. C3po had backwards thumbs for goodness sake. The problem is they charged hot toys prices without the quality. Skiff lando is a good example, in regards to the sculpt.

Thank you will check out. Seeing examples for me gives idea of what I may or may not deal with - like the reported Jawa bodies (also read some complaints they are too tall).

Never a deal breaker, but like to know ahead of time. Although HT pulls stuff too - IMO the difference in their Finn proto vs. reality was huge. IMO totally lost the essence of the character in production (also, he supposedly is too tall).

I am glad I waited to order the SSC. I am not looking to buy a bunch of the life size and will want to compare SSC vs. HT for this.

I think Sideshows work has been pretty decent since the release of their most recent 1/6 Scale Darth Maul! That had very minimal drop in quality from the proto in terms of the sculpt and paint job!

I?ve always heard that Sideshows statues and life sizes are decent and this one looks mint to me!

I can?t see how Hot Toys will be any better if I?m honest, they?ll just go with gimmicks like more accessories and potentially and alternate head sculpt!

I don?t really need my baby Yoda to do much other than look super cute on display so I think I?ll go with SS.

I?ll definitely buy in 1:6. The question is whether I?ll be able to buy it separately. The Legacy Effects/SSC version isn?t going anywhere really. I?ll wait and see what HT is putting out before making a decision on that one. It probably won?t be out until 2022 but it?ll definitely be shown by the summer.

Life size was always going to happen, 1/6 makes sense as a part of a deluxe Mando maybe, but 1/4 sounds odd, he?ll still be small even at that scale so maybe another addition to another figure.
Looking forward to them though, soooo cute,

Life size was always going to happen, 1/6 makes sense as a part of a deluxe Mando maybe, but 1/4 sounds odd, he?ll still be small even at that scale so maybe another addition to another figure.
Looking forward to them though, soooo cute,

1/4 Mando I would wager. Beskar.

That will probably come before the 1/6, so the pre beskar 1/6 sales are not hurt.

Back