Hot Toys and Sideshow collaborate on child-sized body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just looking at the picture again and realized, it looks like a merge of Sideshow, Hot Toys and Medicom, the neck joint looks like Medicom style, not HT or SSC, this could be the path to the ultimate figure body!

wonder if they strenghen the ankle on the new body? HT's nude body is very good except for the ankle, great range of motion but not strong enough to hold poses without shoes. (sao feng for ex) hopefully that wont be the case for bare feet hobbits.

I was just looking at the picture again and realized, it looks like a merge of Sideshow, Hot Toys and Medicom, the neck joint looks like Medicom style, not HT or SSC, this could be the path to the ultimate figure body!

the neck joint look like HT's to me. almost look like the same size as the regular size 12" too.

Just watched the video posted in the production blog at SSC site, they said that in the future hot toys and going to help sideshow refine the sideshow 12inch body.
Im happy wth the way sideshow body is but if thy improve/refine it with HT
that would be very cool.

the neck joint look like HT's to me. almost look like the same size as the regular size 12" too.

IMG_9730.jpg

Unless the latest HT figures use a different neck than the colonial marines from Aliens, this neck doesn't reflect their design.

As good as this news is I started thinking about something else that would get me excited.......

Hot Toys = 12" rubberised muscle body
Sideshow = Conan licence.......

now that would be a nice collaboration...............

I was actually thinking about that today and whether or not this means Sideshow would eventually work on a muscular body.

That would be great if they could also develop a female version for some of the less clad ladies of SW.

I just watched the video, awesome news about improvements to their standard Buck body. Hopefully they won't make too many design changes because HT's body is my absolute favorite. And I really hope they offer the body separately for the price of a standard Buck.
THANK YOU SIDESHOW!

I was actually thinking about that today and whether or not this means Sideshow would eventually work on a muscular body.

That would be great if they could also develop a female version for some of the less clad ladies of SW.

Aayla Secura!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That said its a little more uncertain as HT themselves haven't done a rubberised female...... and not too many females in total.

I just realized that this new child sized body allows Sideshow to do a 1:6 scale Goonies line of figures. How cool would that be!

I just realized that this new child sized body allows Sideshow to do a 1:6 scale Goonies line of figures. How cool would that be!

What's good enough for you is good enough for me, it's good enough
it's good enough for me, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah.

That would be a cool line. HEY YOU GUYSSS!!!

Goonies would be cool, but I'd prefer Time Bandits. Too bad it will never happen.

You know what though, the way it's currently done, the muscular body from HT would only work on characters that have full waist coverage, Slave Leia wouldn't work out, at least the way it currently works. I have the Rocky figure, and the rubber body isn't a solid unit. The upper body is one piece, and the legs and waist are another piece, and there's an overlap under his shorts but it's unnoticeable, but if you did that with Slave Leia the overlap would stand out and look quite ugly, or her bikini would be quite off from film scale in order to hide it. I'm all for them going that route at some point, just pointing out the Aayla and AOTC Arena Padme are the type of figures that could look good with HT's current muscular body style.

I'd rather not have a rubber female body, the Dragon version still gives me nightmares. I'd prefer SSC use something like the Triad or Liquidisk bodies.

Time bandits would kick ass, though I don't think the child body works that well for Dwarfs, it'd be too tall.

Another character the child body could work for, and one I'd kill to have is River Phoenix as young Indiana Jones. Or would that be too small?

You know what though, the way it's currently done, the muscular body from HT would only work on characters that have full waist coverage, Slave Leia wouldn't work out, at least the way it currently works.

Actually it works fine for Slave Leia; that's exactly what I'm using in the photo above (and Adam Hughes also used the Hot Toys body on his custom, which has a film-scaled bikini). The belly/lower back section extends lower than it does relatively on the male body; the waist-line of the bikini is right where the joint is, so it's almost entirely concealed.

I'd rather not have a rubber female body, the Dragon version still gives me nightmares. I'd prefer SSC use something like the Triad or Liquidisk bodies.

Have you ever fiddled with a HT female body? The torso is a rubber sheath over the internal articulation; the arms and legs are all plastic-with-joints like a typical 1:6 figure body. It's not like that Dragon monstrosity at all.

Actually it works fine for Slave Leia; that's exactly what I'm using in the photo above (and Adam Hughes also used the Hot Toys body on his custom, which has a film-scaled bikini). The belly/lower back section extends lower than it does relatively on the male body; the waist-line of the bikini is right where the joint is, so it's almost entirely concealed.

I was referring to HT's muscular body, which as far as I'm aware, has only been used on male characters, and your Leia and Adam's, like mine, have joints, and there are some jointed bodies that can look alright.

Back