Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hot toys figure will more than likely be cheaper than that custom run of just clothing, even with full leather upgrade to the boots, tabards and maybe belt. The full artisan Joker figure was around the same price as the most current custom Joker clothing. The new Indiana Jones figure with real leather boots, whip and jacket is cheaper than most custom real leather Indy jackets. So don’t expect a full Anakin figure with real leather elements from HT (should they make one) to be more than the price of that custom clothing run.
Thanks for the info, I don’t have any experience with customs. How would you, or anyone else here, advise on how to display or store a figure with pleather elements to ensure no degradation? I had the SS Anakin from ‘07 and just kept it in the box in a dark, dry, cool environment and years later when I opened the box his pleather tabards were a flaky mess….

Thanks for the info, I don’t have any experience with customs. How would you, or anyone else here, advise on how to display or store a figure with pleather elements to ensure no degradation? I had the SS Anakin from ‘07 and just kept it in the box in a dark, dry, cool environment and years later when I opened the box his pleather tabards were a flaky mess….
Invest in a dehumidifier for starters.

As for handling, set the figure and forget it,
the more you pose, the faster it goes.

Pleather will always deteriorate faster than raw materials, it’s inevitable, see TDKR Catwoman boots for example, nothing left.

Last edited:
Because that number shown to you was assigned randomly. I joined 15 minutes early and my friend joined 2 minutes before and was ahead of me in the queue.
Right but it said “once the sale starts” you’ll get a number. I had a number BEFORE the sale started.

If you store it in the box keep the silica and change it after a couple years.
If I were to display in an enclosed case, would it help if I laid a silica pack in with it? I work in an electronics plant and have access to an endless supply of clay desiccant packs, some which are large like 3”x3”.

Right but it said “once the sale starts” you’ll get a number. I had a number BEFORE the sale started.
Same. I had a number at 8:40 in the pre-queue. When the sale started my number didn’t change. It was #3,000+. at 9:00 I refreshed the page on a second computer that wasn’t getting the pre-queue message. That second computer had me in position #1,000+. Neither number changed once the sale started. I’m glad some people are happy with the queue system (probably mostly those that it worked out for) but something was clearly wrong with the queuing and # assignment and I don’t think it’s “fair” to randomly assign rather than first come first serve. I’d rather an e-mail lottery for registered and verified accounts. Then you don’t have to waste two hours of the day with that queue nonsense.

I camped pretty until the RSVP page turned into the queue page; ctrl+r'ing. That's the actual queue I believe as I saw the actual update to the page/link - how I thought I got 3rd anyway. This was around 8:35~

I’m sure many of you already know this, but just throwing this out there. Genuine all leather ROTS Anakin attire runs about $590, minus the robe. Can’t imagine how much Hot Toys’ Anakin would be with authentic leather and upgraded accessories…
View attachment 657173View attachment 657174
Unrelated but did you make those leather boots yourself? They look perfect, much more accurate than the official hot toys ones.

Anybody know how many SS had to offer for preorder and a good estimate of how many people were on the site Friday trying to preorder? I’m just curious…

At least two more Anakins in the pipe, very surprised if they both don't use this headsculpt.
Yeah there’s zero shot they let this sculpt go to waste. One of their strongest sculpts yet.

BsbcEEi.png

Anybody know how many SS had to offer for preorder and a good estimate of how many people were on the site Friday trying to preorder? I’m just curious…
A few and a **** ton, respectively :)

Seriously though, I have to assume that SS had around 1500. I was 1700 in queue and was down in the low 300s when it went to wait list. I know there were probably a lot of duplicate people in the queue (myself included) that might've made the math harder. I also logged in later after the 12:15pm reset and I was 11K in the queue. My educated guess is there were probably around 5K people interested in this, including the scalpers...but I also make stuff up :)

Agree that it was likely around 1500. I was 565 in line (no issues regardless of pauses and advances to purchasing queue). Two collector friends went live at the same time I did and they were 1330 and 1553, respectively. My friend who was 1330 made his purchase, but my friend at 1553 was not able to because it waitlisted.

Yea, pretty sure sideshow got about half the global supply for both figures, 1500ish Anakin and 2000ish Jokers, they both sold out after 30-35 minutes and for Anakin I was close to 2900 in line and it was gone when I had 1300ish people ahead in line. Saw numbers over 8-10k for both figures on my other devices.

Back