Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I was less about this because of the hair and more excited about the new sculpt with moving eyes. If they now release a plastic hair version using that sculpt under the Obi-Wan series line, I’d be content. At least people looking for the Joker had that second sculpted option.

I just don’t get why the Joker had 1k more units made and a sculpted version offered right on the heels of InArt releasing their version. I get that Hot Toys is trying to flex to show what they can make, what I don’t get are the number allocations. I get that SW is not a big seller in China, but the US was always going to blow up a lower edition Anakin with no second option.
I'm sure a sculpted hair Anakin using this sculpt w/moving eyes is coming down the pipeline at some point.

Honestly I was less about this because of the hair and more excited about the new sculpt with moving eyes. If they now release a plastic hair version using that sculpt under the Obi-Wan series line, I’d be content. At least people looking for the Joker had that second sculpted option.

I just don’t get why the Joker had 1k more units made and a sculpted version offered right on the heels of InArt releasing their version. I get that Hot Toys is trying to flex to show what they can make, what I don’t get are the number allocations. I get that SW is not a big seller in China, but the US was always going to blow up a lower edition Anakin with no second option.
Possibly because of a potential sculpted 2.0 with improved tailoring for the ROTS anniversary? This figure was essentially a reissue of the old one with just the new head and USB saber, so I can't imagine they'd miss out on using this sculpt again.

They'll do a sculpted hair version with this for sure. I'm honestly surprised they didn't do it together like Joker. It's one of their best looking sculpts. Won't be put to waste with Hot Toys, who's gonna milk it for all it's worth.

Supply drives demand in cases like this. If you create 10000 of these or more it doesn't create the same hype. Clearly you have lots of people "interested" in this who wouldn't ordinarily be because of the limited number.
Artificial scarcity is a ****** business practice. I understand their logic but I can't get behind it. There are more and more companies coming on the 1/6 scene that don't have to resort to those tactics to move their product and turn a profit.

Sculpted is coming.

Then the Dark Side rooted.

Then sculpted of that.

Then, they will say "due to demand, we are opening the Artisan Anakin once more for additional orders. But be quick, it is a LIMITED supply..."

Everyone who missed today will get this down the line or in an alternate version.

Artificial scarcity is a ****** business practice. I understand their logic but I can't get behind it. There are more and more companies coming on the 1/6 scene that don't have to resort to those tactics to move their product and turn a profit.
I do think they have some limitation in how many they can produce due to the hair application process, maybe they could increase the edition size due to how much interest there is, but they might not.

I think it is a no-brainer that they'll offer a sculpted hair version, maybe they didn't think they needed to initially but now they've got to know people would still want that. Overall the figure is an upgrade over V1 even without the rooted hair.

I'm feeling a bit like Anakin right now.

anih8.gif

500 for Joker, 500 for Ani -
HT: "lets see if we can grab a quick grand from about 5000 people."

To put it bluntly. I’m bitter.
Yea same here. The exclusivity doesn't even matter to me. I actually like the character and rooted hair and really wanted it for that. Even if HT make a rooted Darkside version, I'm sure the process will be the same as this one was. I don't care about the sith eyes look, but if there was another chance at this sculpt and rooted, I'd go for it. Only saving grace would be if it has a higher edition size as I don't foresee HT making rooted hair like this part of the norm for awhile. It took InArt just to get HT to put moving eyes in nearly all new/future releases as a standard so who knows what it will take for HT to make rooted hair a standard rather than a limited edition.

As others have said, I'm sure a sculpted hair version will happen down the line, and I'll be ok with that. But, I really wanted the rooted sculpt

Back