Hot Toys Anakin Skywalker DX "Artisan Edition" 1/6 Figure Revenge of the Sith

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I don't know about ebay price since I would never want to deal with customs here, it's one of the worst in this planet.

Before this DX artisan announcement, the secondary market here with used condition will go about 350-400. Now I hope I can get it in maybe 250? 🤷
You'll probably only get that under one of two conditions
  1. Person is able to secure this new version and is just trying to offload the old one quickly
  2. HT announces a sculpted hair version of this same figure so the price of the original will plumet. However, at that point, you might as well get the new sculpted version with updated headsculpt an moveable eyes unless you really want the original figure instead.

Does anyone know what a typical HT figure edition size looks like? Say, for the AOTC Anakin and Padme, since they're after HT adjusted and no longer makes a billion of each figure... Just curious if it's 5K, 10K, 30K? At this point, these figures are approaching statue prices so wondering what demand for this figure would be if it weren't capped?

While I agree that it would be best not to sell before seeing the final product in-hand, I don't think the wool hair is going to be an issue.

If this goes back to the display at Sideshow Con, I think it's safe to say that Sideshow, as well as other companies, are not always best at displaying products.

Wool hair can be treated and make it appear similar to the professional photos and displays.

Does anyone know what a typical HT figure edition size looks like? Say, for the AOTC Anakin and Padme, since they're after HT adjusted and no longer makes a billion of each figure... Just curious if it's 5K, 10K, 30K? At this point, these figures are approaching statue prices so wondering what demand for this figure would be if it weren't capped?
No one really knows, but a lot more than 3000.

Sideshow used to have limited editions of around 3,000 back in the day and it wasn't hard for people to secure a preorder that they wanted. I think it's a bit overblown as far as concern about this selling out super quickly

Sideshow used to have limited editions of around 3,000 back in the day and it wasn't hard for people to secure a preorder that they wanted. I think it's a bit overblown as far as concern about this selling out super quickly
Sure, but there are far more collectors now and far more money getting thrown around from "rich kids" :)

Otherwise you are correct, 3000 SHOULD be plenty for a limited edition. Not 1000, 750 or even 300 that other figs go. But it is hot toys with a much bigger fan base

Both Spider-Man figures sold out in under half an hour… and this isn’t “back in the day” anymore, the 1/6 market is massive now.

True, but my understanding is that this isn't limited to 3000 just for Sideshow...it's limited to 3000 world wide. Sideshow is only getting part of that 3000 number.

True, but my understanding is that this isn't limited to 3000 just for Sideshow...it's limited to 3000 world wide. Sideshow is only getting part of that 3000 number.
Yep, Hong Kong gets 800, presumably Sideshow gets the other 2200 but who knows.

No one really knows, but a lot more than 3000.
Didn’t Sideshow have figure runs of 1,977 for ANH figures like Greedo and Hammerhead?

I

I feel like at this point there needs to be some banner sticky flashing lights gif link for Toys Wonderland the second you come on to the board lol
But instead there's an ad for them.
1690323469223.png

I saw a photo of this guy up on a HK site that had the price in HKD, and converted it which came out to about $800+ CAD. I'm not sure if I'll even try to get this guy now - as if that's even a possibility anyway.
I vowed not to go over the $580 mark for figures anymore after my chrome Mando ended up costing me $630 (partly my mistake though).
At the end of the day, a figure is literally just something one pays a huge chunk of $$$ for, and then just have it standing on a shelf to look at it.
I just don't know what to think about this hobby anymore. I'm all for supporting the artists that paint these figures, but ***** getting crazy expensive.

Last edited:
Back