1/6 Hot toys Aliens question?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chalback

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys been out of the hobby for a bit due to person stuff, but looking to come back into it. Is there anything new coming from hot toys for alienas?

So far only two Ripley figures, one from Alien and the other from Aliens, have been announced but neither has been put up for preorder yet. I'm hoping they decide to upgrade the Big Chap and Warrior Aliens at some point as well.

Mark over at OSR seems pretty confident they'll remake the marines. Makes sense, they have renewed the license, have probably gone and gotten Biehn and Paxton's likeness rights again.

I think it's inevitable at some point. Aliens has always been hugely popular and HT must realize there are loads of collectors out there who will be happy to buy all the main characters. Most of the earliest MMS figures have been redone, AVP, Robocop, ED-209 and the BD T1. It stands to reason that Aliens will follow. In the case of Michael Biehn, not only can they redo Hicks, but also the 2029 Reese and a new 1984 Reese.

The figures could have seamless arms for those with exposed arms, working lights in the shoulder lamps, maybe even a flashing / clicking Motion tracker. I'd love a sentry gun that moved by itself. Even those who were able to get the original releases, needn't feel bad, as the gear and weapons could be used to bash the secondary characters.

i would love some alien warrior avp 1 and reqieum movie remade plus give me a queen hottoys

I think once they finally put out their Ripley figures we'll see the flood gates open. I welcome the flood.

Doubt that. We'll be drip fed at best now that they have Star Wars in addition to all the Marvel films. The days of concentrations on the Aliens & Robots licences are over.

Doubt that. We'll be drip fed at best now that they have Star Wars in addition to all the Marvel films. The days of concentrations on the Aliens & Robots licences are over.

Good point. So maybe the flood gates won't be opened but the faucet will be left on and that's all that really matters.

So crazy question, but would anyone recommend actually getting one of those old HT Kane figures? I'd REALLY love a 1/6 Nostromo suit on my shelf, and unfortunately that seems like the best option we'll ever get. And yeah I realize the headsculpt bears no resemblance whatsoever to John Hurt, but I'm actually more concerned about the sculpted spacesuit. And if the rubberyness of the thing (with what appears to be a somewhat sloppy paintjob) would really look good at all next to some of the newer and more detailed figures I've gotten from HT.

Or does it basically still just look like an oversized rubber action figure in the end?

And is there any way at all to adjust it so the head isn't sitting so low within the helmet? Or is the rubber so unforgiving you're pretty much stuck with it that way?

So crazy question, but would anyone recommend actually getting one of those old HT Kane figures? I'd REALLY love a 1/6 Nostromo suit on my shelf, and unfortunately that seems like the best option we'll ever get. And yeah I realize the headsculpt bears no resemblance whatsoever to John Hurt, but I'm actually more concerned about the sculpted spacesuit. And if the rubberyness of the thing (with what appears to be a somewhat sloppy paintjob) would really look good at all next to some of the newer and more detailed figures I've gotten from HT.

Or does it basically still just look like an oversized rubber action figure in the end?

And is there any way at all to adjust it so the head isn't sitting so low within the helmet? Or is the rubber so unforgiving you're pretty much stuck with it that way?

Hello davejames,

I personaly do recommend buying this figure. But my point of view is that of an "ALIEN" fan, so I might be prejudiced.

The molding of the Spacesuit is very nice. I personaly think it was the right decision not sewing it the classical way. This makes the ribbed surface very accurate. Any yarn in the gaps for shaping the ribs would have been too big. See the actual 1:6 Luke Skywalker/Red 5 figure by Sideshow for this effect. The ribbing of the flak vest is sewn and in my eyes this looks strange.

The surface of the PVC/Vinyl(?) suit is flat, so it does not look rubbery. The paints tones are subtle, and the colors not too bright. I have Dallas also for comparison and the colors for both statues are well chosen. Like in the movie where I needed more then one look for detecting Dallas is wearing a red version. The NECA model of Dallas is too red for my taste, Hot Toys made them look more faded/worn.

A real problem is the high position of the helmet. That is in fact due to the material thickness of the PVC suit and I have not found a way modifying it without changing the suit, yet.

The facehugger version of the Kane figure needs some improvement. The alternative head model has no paintjob on the facehugger, it comes in the skin color. The changeable faceshield has a somehow rounded opening and is clear. The damaged faceshield was all over dim/foggy due to acid vapours. The opening followed the form of the facehugger with his "fingers" leaving marks along the roughed edge.

So you either deal with a sparely painted headsculpt or a wrongly cracked faceshield.

I definitly wanted this figure as "ALIEN" stuff in 1:6 is so rare, there is no alternative. And so I accept the issues.

But I do not recommend buying Kane at any price. I was not in a hurry and waited over 2 yrs. till I found one NWB that met my personal deadline at ebay.

Hope this helps.

Back