Hot Toys Alien Warrior - What a piece of junk!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rubber on these figs is extremely thin, that can't help much at all in terms of longevity.

The only problem I see with rubbing anything on a painted surface is that you will eventually rub the paint off. As well as the rubber conditioner getting between the paint and the substrate material causing the paint to de-laminate. The rubber could well last years & years with this treatment, I doubt the paint will though.

Oh good lord, the pictures in the OP. :[

This was on my to-buy list, but at least temporarily, I've decided to knock it off of there. I hadn't realized there were so many complaints about it!

that's a nightmare to experience. For the cost, you would think HT will provide the best quality and lasting rubber for their fig. Now I wonder if the muscular bodies that comes with Billy Sole and Dutch will withstand the test of time

I only have one (Brown Alien Warrior) and it actually has been keep in a cool dark place, it sets right next to my air conditioner. I've had the same loose leg and foot problem like everyone else, with the foot being the worst. I put several layers of black finger nail polish on the ball joint and it's worked fairly decent so far. I've also used a doll stand (painted black) to help support the figures weight from day one as well. As far as paint coming off and rubber cracking, I haven't had any of those problems yet, but I handle mine very rarely. I've been wanted to get a Black/Blue Alien Warrior for awhile, but now I'm starting to believe that it wouldn't be worth the money, or any amount of money from what you guys are saying.

I don't know - maybe I've been unlucky. I mean, I thought I'd been pretty careful in handling it, but maybe I wasn't as careful as I thought? Maybe I've got acid for sweat? The thing is, you have to touch it to re-pose it, and that's the whole point of the thing - to have it in various poses.

Despite everything that's gone wrong with it, I still really love the figure. If you can get one without joint problems, the paint issues aren't a massive deal in my opinion. But it's a big gamble.

Here it is in happier times, standing up without me even having to use the tail!

AlienAgain5.jpg

Last edited:
I guess I've been very fortunate. I have 2 original blue Aliens and they're holding up great. I don't re-pose them too often and by and large they're standing in my Ikea Detolf. They're ankles are a floppy mess like everyone else's but no paint issues thank God. Definitely need to use the tail to help them stand. The feet are sticky and when I do take him off of the glass shelf I have to tug to pop them loose from the shelf. I live in South Florida too so its plenty humid...

This is why I have yet to buy any HT products. I'd rather spend the $2k on a CM or $300+ for a PF that will last a life time.
Basically, you get what you pay for.

I guess I've been very fortunate. I have 2 original blue Aliens and they're holding up great. I don't re-pose them too often and by and large they're standing in my Ikea Detolf. They're ankles are a floppy mess like everyone else's but no paint issues thank God. Definitely need to use the tail to help them stand. The feet are sticky and when I do take him off of the glass shelf I have to tug to pop them loose from the shelf. I live in South Florida too so its plenty humid...

Yeah, I know what you mean.
I'm in Orlando.

As for what ArmorAll I use....it's the spray-on kind. ;)

This is why I have yet to buy any HT products. I'd rather spend the $2k on a CM or $300+ for a PF that will last a life time.

Those are completely different types of collectible though. I've no interest in statues, I like poseable "action figures". So what's the alternative to Hot Toys in that field if I want a fully articulated 1/6 rendition of the Alien Warrior? That's right, there isn't one. So you don't get what you pay for, you get what's available.

I wouldn't say all Hot toys products are a bad "TOY" or a bad investment. I personally buy figures for the enjoyment, and have been happy for the most part with every figure.

Alien Warrior (Brown variant)
She-Predator
Wolf Predator (Cleaner Kit)
Lost Predator
Predator 2 (Regular)
Dutch
Billy
Michael Jackson
Caucasian Truetype Figure
when it arrives Predator 1,
and hopefully more in the future.
:banana

Any pics of your re-paint Les? I'm sure there are some in one of your other threads, just wondering if you had one to hand.

Well that isn't entirely right I think. I mean the neca 18inch costs $30 and looks like it will last until the second half of this millenium with moderate care.

Except it's not anything like as poseable as the Hot Toys Alien. No reason why it should be at that price, but just as a $2k statue isn't going to be a substitute for a fully articulated 1/6 figure, neither is a $30 Neca.

The irony is not lost on me that by the time I've finished with it, my Hot Toys Alien is going to have less articulation than the Neca anyway...:(

i had the same problems with my alien warrior but luckily i got him from a shop who had 1 in stock. i got it home and his foot fell straight off, but worst of all the clip that held his arm into place had snapped so there was absolutely no way to get his arm to stay in position, so with regret i had to return him

i just bought a damage warrior aliens on ebay for 50 bucks with a crack elbow you guys think its worth it ???

Back