Hot Toys Age of Ultron: HULK Figure -MMS287

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats cool. I guess it depends on how you want to see the character. I see a lot of people collecting only certain characters because they look like what the character represents to that person, whether its the comic look, or the movie one or just how that person thinks he should look. Individual preference is something I respect :duff

I just see this Hulk as a representation of the movie character and therefore I collect it for that reason.

I see this is a very popular discussion with these types of characters :lol

:hi5:

:hi5:

Pretty much how I collect.

Looking at my Hot Toys, apart from the Wolverines, I only have three Marvel characters: Hulk; Iron Man Mk. I (2.0) and the First Avenger Captain America.

The Captain America was an impulse buy from another Marvel movie I didn't like much. He's pretty much tied with DX05 Indy as my least favourite of the Hot Toys.

The Iron Man Mk I was a different matter. I liked the film, and that pieced together suit of armour is a sight to behold.

Things are hopefully going to change soon when Star-Lord, Gamora, Rocket and Groot join the ranks. (Now that's an exercise in team building!)

EDIT: Forgot my three VTS War Zone Punishers - that's another exercise in team building...or cloning.

I think its still a group thing. Tony made it for him because he's an Avenger, same way he made Widow's and Hawkeye's new gear, and Cap's stuff too.
I doubt he would have done so if Banner wasn't with the team.

That may be the case, but my only point is this version could stand on it's own without having to be associated with the Avengers (even though it obviously is). Remember Ang Lee's government issued Hulk pants? The look itself isn't necessarily exclusive to the Avengers.

I agree that those just looking for a great representation of the classic Incredible Hulk will prefer the first version. I fall into this category. For everyone else this new version is an awesome deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, who will be getting this version of the hulk? I have the first version, but i dont know if i wanna keep that one or get the new one. my setup wont allow 2 hulks.

I'm getting the regular verion cause I missed out on the first avengers hulk, looking forward to setting it up against the hulk buster.

I personally don't care for the Ruffalo-Hulk look, so I probably won't ever get these hulks. Maybe at some point SSC will do a Hulk from their comics line that will be cool, but for me I'll have to go statue route for a good Hulk.

Hot Toys showed a Stand for Hulk in their 10 pack stand picture...

Every Hulk needs a stand....

View attachment 172915

That photo was not a preview of upcoming stands but just a cool way to announce figures.

There was a stand for ultron and iron man. Neither of which have those stands. Each of those stands where identical. No way a stand that works on 18 inch hulk works on 12 inch hawkeye or SW or BW.

That photo was not a preview of upcoming stands but just a cool way to announce figures.

There was a stand for ultron and iron man. Neither of which have those stands. Each of those stands where identical. No way a stand that works on 18 inch hulk works on 12 inch hawkeye or SW or BW.

I think it was a promo ad too, although there is another Iron Man....

I think it was a promo ad too, although there is another Iron Man....

Maybe. (Though I think the 45 will be made there's no guarantee) but even if there is I doubt it has that base. They have not used the crotch grab base for IM in a bit.

Is there really a difference / improvement in the new closed mouth HS? I can't really see a difference.

Here you go.

63f3947e8bf6652dcd157263f6343590.jpg

99d15ba7563a4ca880ae4b106ccde2ad.jpg

Those comparison shots aren't accurate as stated before by another collector. The Avengers Hulk picture shown is of the prototype. The final actual Avengers Hulk looks nothing like that. In fact it looks like the prototype head of the Age of Ultron version. So it seems they use the Avengers head for the alternate AOU head without the moving eyes.
If you don't believe look at the pictures in the Avengers Hulk thread. Doesn't look like the left picture (Avengers Hulk prototype. Looks like the right picture (AOU head).

Love how the new Aou looks. Was going to skip it do to the pants but man you guys are making me change my mind.

Is there really a difference / improvement in the new closed mouth HS? I can't really see a difference.

There really isn't a difference other than this one doesn't have moving eyes, only on the screaming head. Read my previous post #797.

Those comparison shots aren't accurate as stated before by another collector. The Avengers Hulk picture shown is of the prototype. The final actual Avengers Hulk looks nothing like that. In fact it looks like the prototype head of the Age of Ultron version. So it seems they use the Avengers head for the alternate AOU head without the moving eyes.
If you don't believe look at the pictures in the Avengers Hulk thread. Doesn't look like the left picture (Avengers Hulk prototype. Looks like the right picture (AOU head).
:goodpost::lecture:exactly:

Back