Hot Toys Age of Ultron: HULK Figure -MMS287

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why this Hot Toys figure is a huge leap forward for the 1:6 hobby.

A lot of people that see 1:6 as "dolls" that aren't as artistic as statues would complain that depending on the pose, the anatomy isn't correct in an articulated figure. With a statue the artist can sculpt the anatomy to fit a specific pose. If you were to take the original Hulk figure and pose his arms raised up and slightly back the chest and abdominal muscles don't move and the pose looks "off." Now we have the best of both worlds - a classic pose that seems to have major significance in the film, (perhaps fighting the Hulkbuster?), but also a fully articulated figure. People complain about PERS that isn't executed properly, but if done well it can add loads of personality to a headsculpt.

As for the shorts - that's what he wears in the film - would you have the figure not be film accurate? I'm assuming that in the movie world these shorts grow or shrink as Banner changes. If I were Banner I'd be going for expandable shorts too - probably saves a fortune in wardrobe costs.

Totally true! This Hulkfigure represent the best of both world. And also, what's the goal to produce a figure different from the movie? (except for some limited or specials editions). Even if that kind of shorts is really ugly, i buy this figure to remember me the movie or a scene in this movie. So i want it the most accurate it can be.

Good job Hot Toys!!

Hot Toys Online Figures Shop

Out of curiosity, who will be getting this version of the hulk? I have the first version, but i dont know if i wanna keep that one or get the new one. my setup wont allow 2 hulks.

Out of curiosity, who will be getting this version of the hulk? I have the first version, but i dont know if i wanna keep that one or get the new one. my setup wont allow 2 hulks.

Well a lot of people are saying that the first Hulk is better, I don't see it, I think this is way better, especially the deluxe version :dunno Just my opinion though

Well a lot of people are saying that the first Hulk is better, I don't see it, I think this is way better, especially the deluxe version :dunno Just my opinion though

First Hulk kicks this Hulk's ass, because first Hulk is wearing ass kicking trousers and not cycling shorts.

:lecture

I'm getting the regular version. Hard to resist with that price and missed the first one. Though if I had the first version, it would've been a pass.

First Hulk kicks this Hulk's ass, because first Hulk is wearing ass kicking trousers and not cycling shorts.
:lecture
it makes more sense for him to use the new pants, its just preparation on Banner's part. Think about if Brett hadn't showed up in Avengers and given Banner those pants, he would have been jumping around killing Chitauri completely naked, and all of a sudden its an 18+ movie.

it makes more sense for him to use the new pants, its just preparation on Banner's part. Think about if Brett hadn't showed up in Avengers and given Banner those pants, he would have been jumping around killing Chitauri completely naked, and all of a sudden its an 18+ movie.

I thought the Avengers movie was junk, and have no interest in seeing the next one. I bought the Hulk on the basis that it was a representation of the character. To me that means ripped up trousers and no team uniform, since I prefer to think of him as an individual rather than a member of a team.

But that's just my take. :wink1:

I thought the Avengers movie was junk, and have no interest in seeing the next one. I bought the Hulk on the basis that it was a representation of the character. To me that means ripped up trousers and no team uniform, since I prefer to think of him as an individual rather than a member of a team.

Thats cool. I guess it depends on how you want to see the character. I see a lot of people collecting only certain characters because they look like what the character represents to that person, whether its the comic look, or the movie one or just how that person thinks he should look. Individual preference is something I respect :duff

I just see this Hulk as a representation of the movie character and therefore I collect it for that reason.

I see this is a very popular discussion with these types of characters :lol

:hi5:

Pretty much how I collect. But the shorts isn't a representation of him being an Avenger. It's simply his modern look. It doesn't even have any logos.

Pretty much how I collect. But the shorts isn't a representation of him being an Avenger. It's simply his modern look. It doesn't even have any logos.
I think its still a group thing. Tony made it for him because he's an Avenger, same way he made Widow's and Hawkeye's new gear, and Cap's stuff too.
I doubt he would have done so if Banner wasn't with the team.

:goodpost:

But i'm still looking forward to AOU...if for nothing else just aside from some very stylized action sequences.

Back