Hot Toys 1/6 Wrecker The Bad Batch figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went up in February of this year and already out.

Thought he'd be the one getting delayed, not coming in the same calendar year.

OMG!

412417676_755396549957693_629872673590604051_n.jpg

And with pics both Wrecker and Tech are now on PO. Looking forward to having the whole gang.

I still wish the portrait could have incorporated a bit of his smirk. I think the Black Series figure caught the character's vibe better than this. While decent, the one on the figure just looks so serious, and Wrecker comes across more like a big goofy kid, not some overwhelming thug. Ah well, at least we're getting him in the collection.

I still wish the portrait could have incorporated a bit of his smirk. I think the Black Series figure caught the character's vibe better than this. While decent, the one on the figure just looks so serious, and Wrecker comes across more like a big goofy kid, not some overwhelming thug. Ah well, at least we're getting him in the collection.
To be fair, the characterization in the cartoon doesn't make sense given that he is a spec ops commando..... so I prefer the more realistic design of the HT one to include a more realistic expression for a battle hardened spec ops commando. Goofy kid would fit someone like a pirate or civillian character better.

Well, I get what you're saying here but HT is VERY hit or miss with expressions. And they usually miss. Rather than take a chance, I'd rather have a neutral expression. People complained so much with Zod, Ant-man, Harley Quinn and can we forget the infamous Doc Ock.

Points taken everyone, especially considering the mixed results we've seen with "expressive" sculpts in the past. Besides, it won't be a surprise if as in-hand reviews and shots (especially group ones featuring the portraits) start coming in that we see how appropriate the choice looks with the rest of the batch. Bring 'em on!

Wrecker ETA changed to just January 2024. First Christmas in a while that there will be no 1:6 under the tree. 😢

Back