Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy birthday to a thread?

Okay.

drive.jpg

One day...one day I'll be able to actually display this mofo. To date I've never been able to. I'm far more used to seeing its brown shipper box than the Tumbler itself.

I have the tumbler hopefully will get the batpod before 2011 is out. Well done on your new addition

So of course Hot Toys does not sell replacement parts. I have been really trying to just get the steering controls replaced/fixed/fabricates, but are running out of options and time to file a PP claim. I have been negotiating with the seller and I asked for $250 he came back with $120. I said $175 or I will file a PP claim. I'm trying to be reasonable here, but truth is, whether he knew or not, did not disclose the damage and the extensive tape, postage stickers on the actual inner boxes. If I open the PP claim, should I request the original $250 or the $175 I countered? Further does anyone think a customizers here on the forum could fabricate the controls and small antenna? If so who, how much and that is what I would charge this guy. This sucks. They are beautiful, but knowing that is damaged is frustrating.

One day...one day I'll be able to actually display this mofo. To date I've never been able to. I'm far more used to seeing its brown shipper box than the Tumbler itself.

:exactly: same situation here....:monkey2:impatient:
Finishing my basement feels forever away....stupid recession :pfft:

So of course Hot Toys does not sell replacement parts. I have been really trying to just get the steering controls replaced/fixed/fabricates, but are running out of options and time to file a PP claim. I have been negotiating with the seller and I asked for $250 he came back with $120. I said $175 or I will file a PP claim. I'm trying to be reasonable here, but truth is, whether he knew or not, did not disclose the damage and the extensive tape, postage stickers on the actual inner boxes. If I open the PP claim, should I request the original $250 or the $175 I countered? Further does anyone think a customizers here on the forum could fabricate the controls and small antenna? If so who, how much and that is what I would charge this guy. This sucks. They are beautiful, but knowing that is damaged is frustrating.

I would imagine if you open a claim it's all or nothing, not a partial refund. You send it back, he refunds your $$$. Be prepared to eat the shipping cost back to the seller too. That comes out of your pocket to send it back, tracked and fully insured.

There is an option to ask for a refund. He shipped it to me Parcel post and no insurance, after I asked him to. He charged $1400 +$150 in shiping which in reality cost him about $50. He did not insure it, so i can't even have open a claim with USPS, not that the controls were damaged in transit. They were straight up broken off and missing, looking like someone had tried to glue back on. I think the seller who sold it to him scammed him. But shame on him for not checking. Truthfully, had he disclosed that steering controls was missing I still would have purchased it, but not at the price I did. I think $175 is more than reasonable for a refund.

There is an option to ask for a refund. He shipped it to me Parcel post and no insurance, after I asked him to. He charged $1400 +$150 in shiping which in reality cost him about $50. He did not insure it, so i can't even have open a claim with USPS, not that the controls were damaged in transit. They were straight up broken off and missing, looking like someone had tried to glue back on. I think the seller who sold it to him scammed him. But shame on him for not checking. Truthfully, had he disclosed that steering controls was missing I still would have purchased it, but not at the price I did. I think $175 is more than reasonable for a refund.

As a seller, I would deny the claim for a partial refund and demand either the buyer keep it or return it for a full refund. Unfortunately, nowadays, there're just too many douchy buyers out there scamming the hell out of sellers by reporting figures with broken knees, elbows, etc. (to get the sellers to refund enough for a brand new body because they're idiots and broke the figure taking it out, or for another figure), that an honest claim like yours, get's lumped in with them. So don't be surprised if he denies it and just asks you to send the Tumbler back.

I can hear what your saying. I have one Batman Sonar DX, I keep him out and never intended on "playing" with it. I wanted to display it. I almost forget about it until i open the cockpit and see the missing controls and it pisses me off. Tried to be as careful about it as possible asking and reasking questions, requesting pics, I have a chain of emails a mile long wiht him claiming nothing but the agreed upon antenna was missing. He just emailed me back raising the offer to $140. He doesn't want these back and I don't want to give them up. There has to be some restitution on his part. I am really trying to be fair. To that point if someone stepped in and said, I can fabricate you a set of controls and the antenna for $75, I would only ask for a refund of that. I just want the BatMobile to be made whole. Anyone out there parting out their BatMobile!!!! LOL!!

I can hear what your saying. I have one Batman Sonar DX, I keep him out and never intended on "playing" with it. I wanted to display it. I almost forget about it until i open the cockpit and see the missing controls and it pisses me off. Tried to be as careful about it as possible asking and reasking questions, requesting pics, I have a chain of emails a mile long wiht him claiming nothing but the agreed upon antenna was missing. He just emailed me back raising the offer to $140. He doesn't want these back and I don't want to give them up. There has to be some restitution on his part. I am really trying to be fair. To that point if someone stepped in and said, I can fabricate you a set of controls and the antenna for $75, I would only ask for a refund of that. I just want the BatMobile to be made whole. Anyone out there parting out their BatMobile!!!! LOL!!

I'll sell you a steering colom for $999 and I won't even ask you for the Paypal fees ! Sound good ?

Uh yuk yuk yuk. Who says Canadians arent funny ;-)No need, thanks, dispute resolved. Money refunded. Now to learn to fabricate my own steering controls...hello super sculpey.

Hey guys, whats a decent price for one of these now, late to the party and kicking myself i didnt get one.

I would say 1000-1500.:wink1:

Wonder if they will make another Tumbler for The Dark Knight Rises.

Yeah. I can think of why they mightn't though - it'll only feature in one movie. HT won't have time to gauge its popularity and likelihood of becoming a classic bat-vehicle whereas with the Tumbler they knew it was appearing in TDK and had already been in Batman Begins and proven a hit with most fans. Likewise they know that the 89' batmobile is almost universally loved and appeared in 2 great films itself.

Yeah. I can think of why they mightn't though - it'll only feature in one movie. HT won't have time to gauge its popularity and likelihood of becoming a classic bat-vehicle whereas with the Tumbler they knew it was appearing in TDK and had already been in Batman Begins and proven a hit with most fans. Likewise they know that the 89' batmobile is almost universally loved and appeared in 2 great films itself.

I think what drove the price up on the Tumbler is also that the ES isn't too big it seems. From what I remember (but don't quote me on this), is that they had problems when building it and didn't make all that many. I remember reading that somewhere.

Batman 1/6 scale Tumbler

Finally opened my tumbler from the box after 5months of storing it....and the spoilers are missing....lol
can anyone give me some advice if i can get some pieces from anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back