Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yup :D
it's not an optical illusion, same length as the Tumbler. Was cheap too and since it's so rare to find 1/6 even RC cars I just grabbed it. The details are not great but maybe someday I refine it a bit, maybe even put a layer of clearcoat on :D

Geil, thanks for share your picture and I love get one for my Bruce Wayne.:D

A question to the board- were there are a lot of manufacturing problems with the Tumbler?

The reason I ask is that I got mine yesterday from BBTS. I bought one for $450 with substandard packaging (a few dings and marks on the box, but the Tumbler was supposed to be mint). The foam packaging was sealed and imagine my surprise when I open the two piece foam packing and the left front windshield is missing. At first I thought it fell off during shipping, but after checking the inside of the Tumbler it was missing. All the other windows were perfect and had the tape protection still on them. The steering column was also missing one of the silver pieces on the top.

BBTS Customer Service was great today- they sent a prepaid UPS label to ship it back and they are going to replace it with another Tumbler. I've asked them open up the replacement Tumbler and check it to make sure its complete before they ship it.

I love HT products and have the whole rest of TDK line and never have had a problem with any other item (can't speak to the DX Batman- he's on pre-order for June). It just seems the quality control on this particular Tumbler was pretty bad- you think someone would have noticed the window was missing before they sealed up the box.

Has anyone else had a problem like this with their Tumbler when they bought one?

yesh I remember seeing the backstage pictures and there a lot of ppl working in the same space with Tumblers surrounding them. It certainly did not look like a place that had good procedures down to maintain QA. good thing you picked it up from BBTS. Congrats to yuor new ride

My Tumbler finally arrived. No time to inspect it yet, but after inspection it will go to storage. No display space.

Another 1/6 ride for Bruce
slk1.jpg

Sorry bud...thats not 1/6...thats 1/12 made by Motormax if im not mistaken. I have the same car in 1/12 only made by CMC.

Chris

Chris dude

I know you calling me out cause you just want to see more pictures of it. and it is RC not die cast so enjoy ;)
slkr.jpg

Oh and I paid 1/12 prices though :lol
and it's made by Excalibur Electronics

Last edited:
Oh sorry....didnt know it was RC. Ok then....this is probably 1/6. I thought it was diecast. I assumed it was 1/12 because theirs only two makers that make a 1/12 SLR in black...and thats Motormax and CMC. So I stand corrected...:D

Chris

Oh sorry....didnt know it was RC. Ok then....this is probably 1/6. I thought it was diecast. I assumed it was 1/12 because theirs only two makers that make a 1/12 SLR in black...and thats Motormax and CMC. So I stand corrected...:D

Chris

Chris is the diecast motor master...If he says it is 1/12, then it is now 1/12. DEAL WITH IT GEIL.:D

Actually diecast motor master Chris.... that is one long title :)
Since you are local to me :) Where is the best places to find a good selection of diecast models in the GTA? Actually more specifically I really would like to pick up a larger scale model.
On another note has anyone else picked up any other 1/6 vehicles. A Lambo would have been perfect :p

Since you are local to me :) Where is the best places to find a good selection of diecast models in the GTA? Actually more specifically I really would like to pick up a larger scale model.
On another note has anyone else picked up any other 1/6 vehicles. A Lambo would have been perfect :p

PM Chris. But I remember him mentioning, that he buys it from a Diecast store in Yorkville. I actually visited the website a while back (cant remember the name:banghead) and there were celebrity pictures of people in the store (Seinfeld, leno, Stallone, Cage). Be prepared as alot of the models go for Primo dollars :).

oh you Torontonian too? Might as well make this the GTA thread :lol
Before I bought the Tumbler I was thinking of picking up the I thiknk 1:10 scale Tamiya Ferrari but now I can't find any :( Here is hopeing HT will bring out more 1:6 vehicles or at least the Terminator Harley

oh you Torontonian too? Might as well make this the GTA thread :lol
Before I bought the Tumbler I was thinking of picking up the I thiknk 1:10 scale Tamiya Ferrari but now I can't find any :( Here is hopeing HT will bring out more 1:6 vehicles or at least the Terminator Harley

Yea. A harley would be a nice addition to a dedicated Terminator shelf. Chances are it will get announced long after the Arnold figure sells out, and will cost double to buy on on ebay, so I can have a dedicated Arnold on Harley set up.

I get my models from my buddie Morry..he owns collector studio in yorkville right above Babalúu's. Hes got the biggest collection of high end models anywhere in Canada. Believe me...you will be blown away by some of the stuff he has in there. I get all my 1/12 and 1/8 scale models direct from him. If you see him..tell him Chris said he'll come pick up the Bugatti in another month :lol

https://www.cstudio.net/

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back