Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am playing with 3/16 as I was told 1/4 cannot be bend to 90degrees properly. Actually 3/16 is quite thick already and I have been practicing bending all day today to try to get it right :) tomorrow I will be practicing routing the edges and hopefully move on to complete a small case for my X-Wing and then on to the Tumbler :)
I was thinking of using rough slate tiles as flooring for the tumbler case but going to try to see if I can locate a larger piece instead of 12"x12" tiles

BTW where did you get the Batman Logo from?

let me know how this works out for you on the acrylic.as for as the tiles go it had crossed my mind to use slate too,I found 16"x16" at Lowes and Home Depot.the bat logo is from the prop replica batarangs.I covered my base with 80 grit sandpaper and painted them with a dark metalic silver so I could see more of the tumblers bottom features,but may change to something else later.

About another month or so for this guy. I wanna buy my iPhone 3GS 32GB first....

It ain't the tumbler but this is my first attempt to make an acrylic case so I did not want to practice on the large case. This one turned out ok so I am am gluing the tumbler case as we speak :chew

I have no case ...but I'm gonna have to take this bad boy out of it's box again and check it out.

I almost forgot how bad ass it looks...:rock

It ain't the tumbler but this is my first attempt to make an acrylic case so I did not want to practice on the large case. This one turned out ok so I am am gluing the tumbler case as we speak :chew

Cool Star Wars display. Damn I wish I had the Scramble on Yavin set, didn't get my preorder in early enough and now its looking like the preorder I have with BBTS won't happen.

Looks like you've done an amazing job. Can't wait to see your tumbler case.what glue did you use for the sides?

Looks like you've done an amazing job. Can't wait to see your tumbler case.what glue did you use for the sides?

There are flaws only visible on close up but its better on the tumbler case :) As for glue I really did not want to use the real stuff as it is hard to get and actually cancer causing poison but after buying all sorts of (maybe $30 worth) of plastic glue nothing worked well so I went back to using Weldon #4. Found something called Rez-N-Bond Plexweld "F" that may work as well and will try when I run out as the Weldon I got was just expired left over. All in All I spend way more than most here and way too many hours testing and practicing in the end but at least I know how now and have 4 cases in total :chew

The acrylic cover itself is $100 the base is going to be about $150. I should have it soon. I havent seen my Tumbler since I got it because its still packed away....so im really anxious to get this case soon. Post pics of yours when your done...im curious to see how it turns out.

Chris

What thickness plastic did they quote you on?

Mine just got delivered, and immediately I heard a rattling from inside the box (not good). Upon opening, I discovered that the driver seat had detached and was rattling around inside the cockpit, and one of the joystick controllers was broken off. Wasn't this supposed to come with packing material inside the cockpit? I could've sworn I saw pics as such. The place I bought from said they were going to open and look for any defects (none really on the outside other than the usual ones everyone else is getting), but it looks like they did a piss-poor job repacking. Also, on the little red plastic things to hold the tires in place, is there only supposed to be one for the rear tires, or one each?

There should be a massive piece of card board in the cockpit, was in mine anyway, quite difficult to remove too... maybe they didn't take enough care when "inspecting" it :(

One in each wheel I had (I think)

There should be a massive piece of card board in the cockpit, was in mine anyway, quite difficult to remove too... maybe they didn't take enough care when "inspecting" it :(

One in each wheel I had (I think)

YEah that card board was wedged in there quite well and I can concur that I had locking pins on each wheel though for the rear one of them fell out already prior to me opening up my tumbler

hope you can fix up your ride or get the reseller to do something for you

OK I managed to finish the case but still need to move the TV up 4" which will require me to remount it :(.
I wanted a slightly larger case so I can pose the tumbler in an angle but the tools I had really were not suitable to do that particular size so you can see some flaws in the bend on the two ends as the strip heater was only effective across 32" and my sheets were 34" but here it goes

case1.jpg

casek.jpg

Last edited:
everytime i look at my tumbler, i have this dark, inner sadistic urge to lift it and smash it to the ground... or to reenact the crash scene in Dark Knight. i have absolutely no idea why :huh

i guess the thing is just too smashable

OK I managed to finish the case but still need to move the TV up 4" which will require me to remount it :(.
I wanted a slightly larger case so I can pose the tumbler in an angle but the tools I had really were not suitable to do that particular size so you can see some flaws in the bend on the two ends as the strip heater was only effective across 32" and my sheets were 34" but here it goes

case1.jpg

casek.jpg

That's a nice case! All it's missing is a stretch of 1/6 Gotham City asphalt.

That's a nice case! All it's missing is a stretch of 1/6 Gotham City asphalt.

Thanks
Was thinking of going to Chicago and rip of part of the original pavement shown in the movie :chew ok maybe not
Going more material shopping today after work. Still thinking about the slate but that is really more if I have no other ideas, after all The Dark Knight is my all time favorite movie and a more industrial look would match everything better over the cave look ..... If only I were more artistic :( I would try to create the look of the new dungeon by recreating the worn off concrete flooring and walls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back