Hot Toys - 1/6 The Mandalorian Cobb Vanth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the issue people have with the Cob Vanth head sculpt is that most of us have the iconic Cob Vanth vs Cad Bane standoff top of mind when we think of the character because that was such an amazing scene.

So with that moment firmly lodged in our memories, we have this:

IMG_6122.jpeg

But if we go back a little further in the Vanth history on BOBF, we find THIS:

IMG_6124.jpeg

It’s pretty clear that Hot Toys went with the earlier appearance of Vanth for their main reference material.

So while that’s all well and good, and anyone who wants to defend the HT unhelmeted head for Cob has plenty of ammunition to do so, but I myself remain disappointed because it’s that Vanth / Bane gunslinger scene that I most wanted for my display, and the sculpt HT went with just doesn’t really represent that look for Vanth in that moment, IMHO...

Agreed. I’m just a big Olyphant fan in general and I’ve stared at his face for an exorbitant amount of time from painting Raylan Givens heads; this sculpt just doesn’t cut it for me and it’s very disappointing as I really wanted a quality, licensed Tim on the shelf.

I PO’d of course, but this sculpt doesn’t leave me with much reason to keep the figure.

The sculpt still hit all the beats for me. The execution of the character really won me over, especially with Olyphant playing the character. Can't wait for this figure.

I think the issue people have with the Cob Vanth head sculpt is that most of us have the iconic Cob Vanth vs Cad Bane standoff top of mind when we think of the character because that was such an amazing scene.

View attachment 680180

View attachment 680181

It’s pretty clear that Hot Toys went with the earlier appearance of Vanth for their main reference material.

So while that’s all well and good, and anyone who wants to defend the HT unhelmeted head for Cob has plenty of ammunition to do so, but I myself remain disappointed because it’s that Vanth / Bane gunslinger scene that I most wanted for my display, and the sculpt HT went with just doesn’t really represent that look for Vanth in that moment, IMHO...
If this was your expectation, not surprised at your disappointment since this figure is based on his appearance in Mando Season 2, not BOBF. Your second photo is from that Mando appearance and I agree with your assessment that the sculpt matches that a bit better. It's still a tad off but I think on the shelf it'll look fantastic. The stills of TO fiddling with it look quite good.

Sideshow’s pretty slick for getting people excited over these pics and then sending out delayed emails simultaneously:lol
Sideshow’s still as clueless as ever. 5 days ago they email me to say it’s delayed, today they email to say it’s arriving on Jan 2nd and my final installment will be charged. :rolleyes:

Sideshow’s still as clueless as ever. 5 days ago they email me to say it’s delayed, today they email to say it’s arriving on Jan 2nd and my final installment will be charged. :rolleyes:
Yeah I got the ‘charging on Jan 2nd’ notice yesterday from Sideshow while I was at Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge coincidentally.

View attachment 680180

View attachment 680181

The sculpt captures none of his personality.

Yeah especially after the Boba Fett and Fennec Shand head sculpts, this doesn't measure up. Heck the whole "Ahsoka " line has spoiled us as far as likeness accuracy. We know what Hot Toys is capable of.

Back