Hot Toys 1/6 Star Wars future releases?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So about the Emperor....
I could see the potential for a deluxe version with his chair, at least I'm hoping. Also hopefully we get Force lighting as well or even a backdrop of the Death Star II tower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very happy about the recent reveals. Yoda, Emperor, and Jedi Luke are star wars grails for me and I only have one left: Return of the Jedi Vader. I've skipped all other Vaders waiting on that one.

I'd also love to finally get a Lando and Bespin Han :)

So about the Emperor....
I could see the potential for a deluxe version with his chair, at least I'm hoping. Also hopefully we get Force lighting as well or even a backdrop of the Death Star II tower.

The SSC throne was nice, but had some minor accuracy issues (the most blatant is the narrowness of the backrest) and some big problems with the thin resin it was made of and thus cracked, especially at the rotating part. HT should address these problems if ever making it.

Hot Toys will reveal more at SDCC. That's their Con (for Marvel etc as well). It's perfectly timed too. Hype for Star Wars will be on the increase, gives them a bit more time to work on the figures from the info at Celebration. Although I guess the Emperor and Hoth Leia prototypes look like they are pretty close to being ready (pic of figs on HT bosses desk). Prototype Emperors guards are clearly done. Jedi Luke ?? Maybe they'll wait on him a bit if they are sticking to ESB first.

When is SDCC?

July.

It's a good time for HT to release some OT figures as far as I'm concerned. Having seen the trailer for TLJ, there aren't going to be that many must buys.

I'll get Poe, Rose and Luke, but that may be it. If they give us Phasma and Kylo with a headsculpt then I'll
sell off my TFA versions and upgrade.

Anyone else suspect that the hype of Battlefront II might open the door for Hot Toys to take on some prequel era figs? Not that I want many, but I'd kill for HT do do some BattleDroids and Supers, hell even a Destroyer.

** before I get all the endless responses about "what about Tarkin or what about Ackbar, or character X?" I agree, there are 20 figures I'd want before prequel characters, but IF they do some, you know, I'd like a droid or whatever, jeez. lol

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind an Inferno Squad trooper from Battlefront II. Either Commander Iden Versio or one of the other troops. I like the TIE Fighter variant look.

I definitely do too. That would be a day one PO for me. They gotta use a modified version of the new ROTJ Stormtrooper helmet for the Magma Trooper. Overall I really like the design. In addition to the new helmet it would just need a new backpack and shin guards. Swappable pauldrons and blasters would be great.

I'd love it if we got the Hot Toys Battlefront line to continue. I could use an Inferno Squad Agent or two. I just a sucker for all TIE Pilot variants.

Yeah I've always liked the look of the TIE pilots. And these variants look really cool. I like that some have shoulder pouches and torso harnesses/pouches.

So this pic from BattleFront 2 image confirms rumors that were going around a few months ago about changes to the FO Stormtroopers. Not only is the mouth area thinner but it does indeed have the grill/teeth added back to the design like the original Stormtroopers.

star-wars-battlefront-2-multiplayer-characters.jpg

Yeah I've always liked the look of the TIE pilots. And these variants look really cool. I like that some have shoulder pouches and torso harnesses/pouches.

Here's a pretty good pic at the upper half. I'm curious though why Hasbro was lazy and left the tubes on the figure.

X7SAodIma1E.jpg

They are not pilots. It's just a lazy design of special unit - Inferno squad.

I hadn't noticed that the Black Series figure still had the hoses. Surely they could've took them off, but it still looks pretty good. Here's a couple more pictures:
c2e9a6cf99b68fb8058af15271e9717a.jpg

3eda4f1c591d2c4d1ffa99a8cbd9b802.jpg

Back