1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 scale Deathstroke

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a bit torn on this one. I've played the three Rocksteady-developed games and love each one; so much so I've always looked at Origins as a cash-grab attempt assigned to a different developer to keep the cash-cow milked while Rocksteady was working on AK. Therefore, I was planning on getting characters from those three games only. However, I feel it would really be a disservice to my HT 1/6 Arkham collection to miss out on this badass beauty. Love the character too. Besides, the design on this version is very similar to his look in AK, regardless. Also, if HT ever gave us a Mr. Freeze from Cold, Cold Heart DLC from AO there's no way I could miss out on that either.

@zenjay - You are missing out on one of the BEST, if not THE best Arkham games in the series. It's actually got the best story in the whole series and is a very worthy Arkham game. Just cause it's not developed by Rocksteady doesn't make it any less good. In fact, Origins is waaaay better than Arkham Knight imo.

It's not similar. Its the same character design deathstroke was just a cameo on AK and the origins story is good BTW.

@zenjay - You are missing out on one of the BEST, if not THE best Arkham games in the series. It's actually got the best story in the whole series and is a very worthy Arkham game. Just cause it's not developed by Rocksteady doesn't make it any less good. In fact, Origins is waaaay better than Arkham Knight imo.
Cheers guys. Looks like I should finally check out the Arkham game I had been neglecting. Now that the series is wrapped up(?), I feel good about catching up with the origin story and in the process, get to really know who Deathstroke was in the Arkham-verse since his role in AK was so under-utilized. I'm sure that will make me even more excited for this figure. :yess:

What is the reason HT stay away from comic book versions I wonder. :dunno

If they started doing them I'd drop figures based on movies other than a few classics like Reeve, Keaton, Ledger. The comic book versions are still the best.

It's a company run by out of touch Asians who only are aware of the popularity of video games and movies but not much about comics.

This.

Weird that his suit is so beat up. Deathstroke in the comics isn't so clumsy and amateurish as to allow guys to be smacking his face with swords and baseball bats and whatnot to get so much damage. Seems pure luck that he still has one good eye, with all the damage he takes. Big loser. Sad!

How can this guy be a master assassin, let alone fight? He can't even see out of his right eye haha, and with a shell mask like this, he has ZERO peripheral vision. What an orange and blue loser!

How can this guy be a master assassin, let alone fight? He can't even see out of his right eye haha, and with a shell mask like this, he has ZERO peripheral vision. What an orange and blue loser!

Daredevil is blind...

Weird that his suit is so beat up. Deathstroke in the comics isn't so clumsy and amateurish as to allow guys to be smacking his face with swords and baseball bats and whatnot to get so much damage. Seems pure luck that he still has one good eye, with all the damage he takes. Big loser. Sad!

Joking aside, all of this is true.
I never ever liked heavily armored Deathstroke.
It just takes a lot of badassness away from the character.

Daredevil is blind...
He uses superhuman senses to see without eyes.
You compare one eyed dog to a mole. :dunno

I'm hoping they expand the roster to other characters before doing more Batman and Joker figures.

While I definitely want a Nightwing and Robin, I am a huge Mr. Freeze fan. That figure would blow people's minds if they make it. Like Deathstroke, a simply unique look.

With the seeming expansion of the video game line, would it be predictable for it to keep growing? I'd imagine I'd like a GoW Kratos, it'd be awesome.

Cheers guys. Looks like I should finally check out the Arkham game I had been neglecting. Now that the series is wrapped up(?), I feel good about catching up with the origin story and in the process, get to really know who Deathstroke was in the Arkham-verse since his role in AK was so under-utilized. I'm sure that will make me even more excited for this figure. :yess:

I think it’s definitely worth checking out if you liked the other ones. The gameplay is pretty much the same, but the story in this one I’d say is a little more unique and the boss fights in it are a lot of fun. I’ve heard a lot of people say that it’s buggier than the Rocksteady games. That may me true. I did have the game freeze on me in one spot and I had to start that level over, but in playing through the whole game, it was the only time I noticed it, and it really wasn’t that big of a deal. Aside from that it was great! Love the character designs from Origins too. I really had no plans to add another Hot Toys figures to the list of ones I have on preorder, but when I saw they were making Deathstroke, I had to preorder it.

With the seeming expansion of the video game line, would it be predictable for it to keep growing? I'd imagine I'd like a GoW Kratos, it'd be awesome.

I would expect a few more Arkham figures but as to other video game properties, whos to say? Like some GOW figures would be amazing but it's a completely different license. Have you checked out the 1/4 NECA Kratos? Now that's a work of art.

A 1/6 Penguin figure would be super awesome as well. From any of the Arkham games since the Danny DeVito one probably won't ever be made

A 1/6 Penguin figure would be super awesome as well. From any of the Arkham games since the Danny DeVito one probably won't ever be made

Like this?

edb2427b1b0ee3d8032acb1e9a400f81.jpg

An Arkham Penguin would be awesome!

Though I'd probably buy it for completion sake I was never a fan of the Returns Penguin. He was so far removed from the character I'd read in the comics the only thing I felt for him was pity. Pfeiffer's Catwoman was memorable but I always consider Max Schreck the main villain of that movie.

I would expect a few more Arkham figures but as to other video game properties, whos to say? Like some GOW figures would be amazing but it's a completely different license. Have you checked out the 1/4 NECA Kratos? Now that's a work of art.

Yes, perchance they acquire a few more licenses in the future, however long that may be. Neca's work on that 1/4 Kratos is stupendous, and I have the 7'' GoW Kratos too, all fantastic.

That's a badass custom penguin and twoface SteveU30.
I know Danny DeVitos penguin wasn't really comic accurate. I love the way he looks and played him though and it just scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. So it just stood with me

An Arkham Penguin would be awesome!

Though I'd probably buy it for completion sake I was never a fan of the Returns Penguin. He was so far removed from the character I'd read in the comics the only thing I felt for him was pity. Pfeiffer's Catwoman was memorable but I always consider Max Schreck the main villain of that movie.

I really felt like Walken stole every scene he was in, as Max Schreck. Even though he was just invented for that movie, I loved the character.

I really felt like Walken stole every scene he was in, as Max Schreck. Even though he was just invented for that movie, I loved the character.

I agree, I found him way more sinister and scary than Penguin!

I agree, I found him way more sinister and scary than Penguin!

I'm on the same boat. In that scene where Penguin shows Schreck his ex-colleague's hand, as a child i wasn't scared of Penguin, but him, knowing he is actually a wealthy powerful murderer.

Back