1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Rogue One Orson Krennic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honest question: why is this figure such a big deal for people?

I don't ask that because I want to crap on anyone's figure desires--you want what you want and I'm glad you're getting it after waiting so long. I'm just interested to hear why, because to me he was mostly a forgettable weasel.

I loved RO and I really am enjoying the Imperials on my shelf. I think Tarkin came out amazing and I really did like his character. Someone else mentioned the actor and how he plays stuff the same; but I've literally never seen him in anything else lol, or at least realized it was the actor. He came out of left field for me and I think he did a great job.

There's few people who are SW antagonists that aren't Sith/force users and he stands up there with Tarkin to me.

Beyond the fact it is to me the best announcement of 2018, it also gives a huge boost of confidence that characters that HT passed on in the last few years are definite no releases. Now, give me Cassian and Baze and i'll be perfectly happy with my Rogue One shelf.

For those, me included, that are waiting for a General Veers, this Director Krennic is also a step in the right direction. Tarkin gave HT the blueprint for imperial uniforms. I would be really surprised if HT were to stop after only a couple releases taking advantage of this R&D project.

I'm just excited that HT is going back even a few years to add releases. I know it's SW but everyone basically thought RO or any movie that didn't come out in the last year that's not a classic is dead in the water for releases.

Also when was the last time HT only just teased a figure like this instead of a full reveal?

Hopefully this means they'll keep going with Solo figures.

Lando
Qi'ra (white jacket)
Enfys Nest

Not necessarily. Rogue One was the highest grossing film the year it was released and all the HT figures released from the film have long since sold out. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for Solo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well they teased Bespin Han quite a ways back with Bespin Leia, and we're still waiting for him. Hopefully this one won't take as long though.

I guess I meant more like of what this was, just a tease but they're obviously going forward. There's been several glimpses of characters in other promo shots but they dropped this like it's going to be up for preorder this week.

Not necessarily. Rogue One was the highest grossing film the year it was released and all the HT figures released from the film have long since sold out. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for Solo.

Well the figures aren't out yet so can't be sold out.

"My lord, Director Krennic has arrived."

Vanee_chamber.jpg

I'm kinda shocked they're doing this, but I'm happy for the fans of the guy. (although I don't get it at all)
Anytime we get a new SW fig that isn't one of the big three characters, it's pretty cool.

Well they teased Bespin Han quite a ways back with Bespin Leia, and we're still waiting for him. Hopefully this one won't take as long though.
I’m pretty sure Krennic is imminent. Probably will be the next reveal Hot Toys does. Han wasn’t exactly teased he was just an Easter egg included in the pictures with Bespin Leia. Basically we know we’ll get a figure like that at some point. Krennic is a unique release as he’s not Original Trilogy, which let’s face it is the bread and butter of this line and is more of a hardcore fan favorite than a figure that’s going to have mass appeal.

I’m pretty sure Krennic is imminent. Probably will be the next reveal Hot Toys does. Han wasn’t exactly teased he was just an Easter egg included in the pictures with Bespin Leia. Basically we know we’ll get a figure like that at some point. Krennic is a unique release as he’s not Original Trilogy, which let’s face it is the bread and butter of this line and is more of a hardcore fan favorite than a figure that’s going to have mass appeal.

Took them 3 months to show Dooku after teasing him in Obi-Wan's specs. Qui-Gon was teased in Maul's pics. Time between means **** all. They'll release full specs and pics when they're approved by Lucasfilm.

Took them 3 months to show Dooku after teasing him in Obi-Wan's specs. Qui-Gon was teased in Maul's pics. Time between means **** all. They'll release full specs and pics when they're approved by Lucasfilm.

Yes, but this figure has had a proper tease, not just blurred pics from another figure. I’m really hoping we get something tomorrow.

The fact they made a video tease specific to the character seems to indicate it will be up soon -- before year's end I think. Also indicates they believe there is a large fanbase and that this figure will be well received. They don't do this kind of tease often.

I expect it this week.

I guess I meant more like of what this was, just a tease but they're obviously going forward. There's been several glimpses of characters in other promo shots but they dropped this like it's going to be up for preorder this week.

Well the figures aren't out yet so can't be sold out.

Yeah, TFA and TLJ figures are probably a better example seeing no Solo figures are out yet.

Surprised and glad to see this is getting produced. Maybe there's still hope for other long requested figures.

Back