Hot Toys 1:6 Justice League Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'll go for just Superman this time around, since I'm liking the new suit and my MoS version is slowly starting to look a bit dated.

As for Batman, I'll probably hold off on buying any JL versions and just waiting to see how he looks in The Batman. I might buy some parted out accessories to upgrade the SS version, like updated eyeplates & faceplates, or a Bruce Wayne head though.

It'll be pretty cool seeing pics of the full league on display.

Even without seeing them fully revealed I want to get all except Cyborg. Really looking forward to seeing those Batman figures, but of course I really want to see all of them.

Very curious to see if there's any upgrades and improvements to this Wonder Woman.

I missed out on BvS Superman so I'm excited for this one.

The Flash costume definitely grew on me so I'm in for him as well. In for Aquaman too, though I wonder how articulation will be on him. The costume design looks like it could possibly restrict movement.

I only want supes. I wish (but doubt it will happen) ww comes with sculpted hair. And ill cancel SS batman only if one of these 2 look better. But i love ta "clean" look of the bvs/ss version. Hopefully today we get full reveals[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This news leaves me feeling about the same as everything about Snyder's Justice League: confused, cautiously optimistic, a little excited, terrified, and slightly nauseous.[emoji38]
My appreciation for the film will impact my appreciation of the figures. And I I'm not optimistic on that front. However I hope that I'm wrong because number one it will be nice to have a pretty good DC movie apart from Wonder Woman, and number 2 I would like to have nice, contemporary figures of Wonder Woman and Superman on my display. We're not getting Lynda Carter this may be the best chance we have of getting a decent looking Wonder Woman doll. I'm not thrilled with the Batman versus Superman version and the one from the Wonder Woman film is too scene specific and not representative of the comic book version. Flash is another one I'd like to potentially get I don't like all the lines and how busy he is but again we're probably not going to get John Wesley Shipp here. That Aquaman is just way too far removed from any Aquaman I know or care about from the comic books so that's a pass. The less said about cyborg the better. And I've got the exclusive Suicide Squad Batman on order so I don't think I will have any need for these Batman. But we'll see.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

My appreciation for the film will impact my appreciation of the figures. And I I'm not optimistic on that front. However I hope that I'm wrong because number one it will be nice to have a pretty good DC movie apart from Wonder Woman, and number 2 I would like to have nice, contemporary figures of Wonder Woman and Superman on my display. We're not getting Lynda Carter this may be the best chance we have of getting a decent looking Wonder Woman doll. I'm not thrilled with the Batman versus Superman version and the one from the Wonder Woman film is too scene specific and not representative of the comic book version. Flashes another one I'd like to potentially get I don't like all the lines and how busy he is but again we're probably not going to get John Wesley Shipp here. That Aquaman is just way too far removed from any Aquaman I know or care about from the comic books so that's past. The less said about cyborg the better. And I've got the exclusive Suicide Squad Batman on order so I don't think I will have any need for these Batman. But we'll see.

Tony Stark in the MCU is nothing like the character I remember in the comic books, but it hasn't done him any harm!
Personally I don't get comments where people say "I'll wait till I've seen the film..."
Question should be "do you like that character?" "Do you like the design?"
For instance, I didn't like the Schumacher Batman movies, but would buy figures of Batman from those movies. Similarly I'd buy a First Avenger Captain America but none of the others.
I think we're getting realistic versions of the Justice League amd regardless of how you feel the movie is, I love the costume designs (i've loved all the DCEU costume designs) and they will look absolutely stunning on the shelf together.

Tony Stark in the MCU is nothing like the character I remember in the comic books, but it hasn't done him any harm!
Personally I don't get comments where people say "I'll wait till I've seen the film..."
Question should be "do you like that character?" "Do you like the design?"
For instance, I didn't like the Schumacher Batman movies, but would buy figures of Batman from those movies. Similarly I'd buy a First Avenger Captain America but none of the others.
I think we're getting realistic versions of the Justice League amd regardless of how you feel the movie is, I love the costume designs (i've loved all the DCEU costume designs) and they will look absolutely stunning on the shelf together.

Well I am one of those split between waiting on a movie and liking the costumes. Few examples lol: i liked the first avengers movie more than than aou but i bought the hot toys figures of aou cuz these outfits were much better to me. I skipped all bvs figures cuz quite frankly that movie was kind of a let down to me. But changed my mind later only on batman cuz i loved the suit and that warehouse scene was so amazing. So im happy i was able to get the ss version. As for ragnarok i dont have to watch the movie i just know i want those figures lol. To each their own. I have a strong feeling I will enjoy JL way more than bvs (maybe even ww) but regardless i just want a superman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I won't be pre-ordering any League figures till I see the film. That was my BVS policy and it served me well: I loathed BVS and even though the costumes and figures are incredible, a BVS Batman would have just been a $300 reminder of something I hated.

I hope Justice League slays the way Wonder Woman did. I would love a sixth scale Flash and Batfleck.

Thanks for this post....I feel the same way.
Love the sculpt and look of new Batman and WW......almost bought them....but the movie was a turd, and that really kills any enthusiasm I have for owning the figure.

Same for Harley , which looks pretty cool ( though I prefer the old school or Arkham game version. SS was stupid ....and just cannot buy a figure of a movie is not one of my favorites.......its a mental block of some kind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's funny. I got up a few hours ago to quickly use the bathroom and I had had a dream about justice league after briefly checking facebook to see if THIS was up. It was. When I went back to sleep, MORE justice league dreams. First time in my whole life I've ever dreamed about figures lol.

Superman for sure as I don't have a Cavill Superman. I'm inclined to want Aquaman and Cyborg too as long as the movie isn't total ****. Even if it is, I don't have either character in sixth scale and they'll probably look cool. I have suicide squad Batman on preorder and thus don't need any of these Batman. Flash is still a huge question mark as I just prefer the tv version in every way. If the movie wins me over on him, i'll change my mind. Wonder Woman is another question. I hope she's unveiled this weekend. If she's radically better than the bvs one, I still have time to cancel the mine on preorder(and I just maybe lose my nrd), if she's really similar than i'll just skip the JL version.

Those are the actual bases the figures will be released with? Hopefully they come with backgrounds like the SS figures to.

I am in for:

Batman
Tactical Batman
Flash (big time)
Aquaman
Superman

Cyborg doesn't fit for me. And if Wonder Woman came with molded hair I'd consider.

Well we knew it was only a matter of time. Will be getting all of these. They are showing two Batman figures but no black suit Superman, although that might be considered spoiler material. I'm still hoping for Mera. Steppenwolf might also end up with a figure. Right now I'm trying to decide on whether or not to PO the BvS BD Batman. I'll probably snooze and lose.

Well I am one of those split between waiting on a movie and liking the costumes. Few examples lol: i liked the first avengers movie more than than aou but i bought the hot toys figures of aou cuz these outfits were much better to me. I skipped all bvs figures cuz quite frankly that movie was kind of a let down to me. But changed my mind later only on batman cuz i loved the suit and that warehouse scene was so amazing. So im happy i was able to get the ss version. As for ragnarok i dont have to watch the movie i just know i want those figures lol. To each their own. I have a strong feeling I will enjoy JL way more than bvs (maybe even ww) but regardless i just want a superman.

All about opinions and personal likes I suppose.... take Ragnarok, that movie (to me) looks absolutely awful, and I hate the design of Thor... but I can totally understand why people would want the Gladiator Hulk... but that's nothing to do with the movie.

Personally I loved BvS (Ultimate Edition) and will argue the toss with anybody about it's merits... still think people will change their opinions in time :wink1:, but whatever people think of the movie itself I don't think there can be any arguments that the costumes in it are probably THE best comic book to screen adaptations seen so far –*If you're a fan of the characters, that should appeal to you above everything else.

Well we knew it was only a matter of time. Will be getting all of these. They are showing two Batman figures but no black suit Superman, although that might be considered spoiler material. I'm still hoping for Mera. Steppenwolf might also end up with a figure. Right now I'm trying to decide on whether or not to PO the BvS BD Batman. I'll probably snooze and lose.

The black suit may not appear in the movie, but like you said, I think if it does they wouldn't preview it till after the movie opens to avoid spoilers.
Think Steppenwolf will get a figure if the sales are positive for the rest of the movie line... I'd be up for a Parademon two-pack too, but don't think there's much of a chance after the Chitauri figures. Also would like to see Commisioner Gordon.

Back