Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My princes has arrived and she is awesome.
0170d88cd9354b1be36958b6c6d80fea.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Here are the best few shots of the production figure I could find to compare to what I consider the very best shot of the Proto. Couldn’t quite match the angle, but hopefully this is a decent representation. Obviously JC’s personal paint up is vastly superior, but check out the bones:

21A9610B90E1408F999E.jpeg

6F775FB11652407A9DEB.jpeg

366D6C9CD950404B8E2F.jpeg

097FE1BFE62A4FAB8CED.jpeg

Good God, that Proto was breathtaking...
It really was amazing. No adjustments were needed.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I also think that focusing solely on the Leia Hoth headsculpt as the issue ignores the fact that the figure's issues go beyond that - the accessories are way off accurate, the boots aren't fully convincing and the gloved hands are mediocre sculpts that look plasticky. I really like the outfit but there is something off with the fit.

Yeah the fit of the outfit is what's bugging me. It looks like she's almost wearing more of a baggy Ghostbusters jumpsuit than the more form fitting outfit of ESB. Although it probably doesn't help that the standard female body they're using has wider hips and thicker upper legs than Carrie had back then.

Pulling her head off the ball joint helps to rid her of the squat appearance.

Putting her into shadow helps to rid her of the stare.

But you can't cure how slim the sculpt is in the cheeks and nose. It's Leia after a crash diet or illness. The ANH version was so much better.

I put her at the back of a Detolf where the shadow improves her eyes.

Tarkin just arrived, and the difference in sculpt quality is like night and day. Definitely no thousand yard stare in Cushing's eyes.

I agree she's not one of the best figures we've ever gotten, but I still love the overall look of her on the shelf with that iconic outfit. And it's not one I feel the need to hide in some dark corner somewhere.

Well, on the word of a good friend and many of the opinion here, I'm sorry to say I just cancelled my Hoth Leia order.

Between blue dots and the lackluster response to many in-hand posters here that I trust, I'm going to try my luck on ebay at a later date. I think Leia will get lost between the excitement on Tarkin and the upcoming Sparrow...

Well, on the word of a good friend and many of the opinion here, I'm sorry to say I just cancelled my Hoth Leia order.

Between blue dots and the lackluster response to many in-hand posters here that I trust, I'm going to try my luck on ebay at a later date. I think Leia will get lost between the excitement on Tarkin and the upcoming Sparrow...

I still don't get why Tarkin is so popular.

She doesn't hold the thrill for me right now with all this stuff coming. Tarkin and Sparrow are just to tough of competition for attention. Maybe if people responded to the head sculpt better, or maybe it the outfit was better tailored to her.

I think I will be happier with her if I can find her for $30+ less and free shipping.

No fears, I will have her.... just not right now.

Cancelled mine last night. I was really excited for her, but idk... just not so much now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Dang. All these cancellations make me feel bad that I didn’t report upon receiving my Leia yesterday.
I received her from Sideshow yesterday; no dots, no paint flaws. She’s flawless. Her likeness is excellent in person. Her stare is obvious in pics, but in my opinion it’s not noticeable in person because she’s so tiny(I was worried about it). I managed to get a great pose by bunching up her jumpsuit in the back and tightening her belt (which needs no modding because it’s velcro) and pushing her hips out to one side. Ultimately, I like her way more than I thought I would and posed her front and center in my Star Wars detolf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think she’s excellent! Sorry to hear the lack luster joy for her maybe I’m crazy but she’s my favorite piece right now- tarkin slightly underwhelmed me but to each their own I guess. Although the dot issue had me the most nervous i think i have ever been <— over dramatic me :p

Back