Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20190529_071630.jpg

20190529_071555.jpg

Those rebels look terrific. I wish HT would consider giving us more non armored troopers. They might not sell as well as stormtroopers but rebel troopers from Hoth, Endor or even wearing fleet uniforms would add a lot more depth to our collections.

Just wanted to show off my Bespin set-up, thanks to twelveinchfigures.weebly.com for the amazing backdrop!

IMG_20190409_102934_Bokeh.jpg

On the whole, probably yes.

Certainly on the issue of costume tailoring. The portrait on both are similarly excellent likenesses IMO- but both suffer a little from the typical HT female deer-in-the-headlights expression. ANH Leia may come off a little better seen head on, while Hoth Leia looks better to me posed so that her face is seen in 3/4.

ANH is the more iconic look for the character, but you really need to invest in an aftermarket frock for it to look it's best.
Hoth works fine right out of the box.

I have the ANH version but have been thinking about selling it to get the Hoth version. I would really like to have a Bespin escape version, but I would have to Mod the Hoth version.

Just wanted to show off my Bespin set-up, thanks to twelveinchfigures.weebly.com for the amazing backdrop!

View attachment 455982

Wow. Awesome setup. :rock

So, honest opinions, is Hoth Leia better than ANH Leia?

Outfit yes, definitely. Head sculpt no, definitely. That was how it went for me. Since most of my figures are from
ANH I decided on that version — I plan to get the Bespin Leia too. If you go with the ANH version I’d recommend considering a dress upgrade from Cocoboloboy over in the custom section.

ESB Leia head not as good as ANH Leia head...

But the ANH Leia dress is so atrocious that it ruins essentially 50% of the figure. Do yourself a favor and get Hoth Leia.

So what's wrong with the head sculpt? Looks pretty good to me.

It’s not that the Hoth one is poor, most just feel that it’s not quite as good as the ANH sculpt. While it’s still a good sculpt, the Hoth one has more of that blank stare to it that many of HT’s female sculpts seem to have.

The ANH sculpt is probably a 9 while the Hoth one is an 8, but the outfit on the ANH figure is a 5 while the Hoth outfit is around a 9. Hoth figure overall is a better figure.

Back