Hot Toys 1/6 Hoth Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll break it down for you:

- Writing an average of 10+ posts per day (and I thought I write way too much....) non-stop during 4 years about seemingly unimportant "dollies" would be BEING A PARANOID PERSON. An status you jail yourself in for extended periods of time, even while also allowing yourself to gratuitously accuse others of the precise condition you suffer from.

- Venturing a very bold, far-fetched hypothesis would be GOING (OR GETTING) PARANOID. Something that you do from time to time, under certain circumstances, and sometimes even after publicly warning that even you consider your hypothesis to be very bold or far-fetched.

Different things, mind.
m.

I didn’t accuse you of being or going paranoid, you said you are.

I simply said perfection with these figures doesn’t exist and that one is going to drive themselves mad trying to chase that. This hobby, like most things in the world, will always have room for improvement in some capacity. Once you acknowledge perfection, you’re essentially conceding satisfaction. And someone once told me that never being completely satisfied is what moves us further, higher, stronger.

Doesn't it?

TaliBane,
I had same idea. Yours looks great and is a confirmation mine will too. That head, great catch, good eye!
Got clothes from TA and hoped to get a Hoth head and mod it. Then Bespin Leia came and I was ecstatic. Waiting for it, even if it will cost me an eye. Only question, the black-soled white boots. How did you fix that problem?
Thanks,
m.

:)

Good God, she is beautiful...

D1BF5E74-BA52-4D7D-8DC4-A289A228BF4D.jpeg

She is so beautiful indeed!! I admire your photography skills. Did you shoot with a macro lens? If so, what type did you use? Just curious.

:rotfl

Firstly, thanks for your kind words. You may be shocked to learn that I took that particular shot on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4! Hence the reason it was lost for so long.

Just another testament to the impact of great lighting on a photo. It may have been a camera phone, but it was also taken under studio lights and with soft filters.

Very happy you liked the photo!

:rotfl

Firstly, thanks for your kind words. You may be shocked to learn that I took that particular shot on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4! Hence the reason it was lost for so long.

Just another testament to the impact of great lighting on a photo. It may have been a camera phone, but it was also taken under studio lights and with soft filters.

Very happy you liked the photo!

Wow! I guess there is still hope for my banged up Samsung Galaxy Note 3, lol.

Thanks for sharing the information. I'm glad to know that you're a fellow Nikon shooter. I don't have macro lens as of now but it's amazing how macro lenses capture the details. I agree that proper lighting is essential for creating good photos.

Wow! I guess there is still hope for my banged up Samsung Galaxy Note 3, lol.

Thanks for sharing the information. I'm glad to know that you're a fellow Nikon shooter. I don't have macro lens as of now but it's amazing how macro lenses capture the details. I agree that proper lighting is essential for creating good photos.

With enough light, you’d be surprised how great phone cameras can get to DSLRs

With enough light, you’d be surprised how great phone cameras can get to DSLRs

I agree. Lighting is the key to getting great photos. But the subject is also important. This is such a nice looking figure and great photos really make this figure shine.

Awesome pics and pose. May have to try that one out myself. It sort of subtlety conveys her sass in the film, without having to do the hands-on-hips pose.

One thing I really like is that I can pose the figure without worrying about damaging the outfit. There are also no exposed joints except for the back of the neck but that is minor for me.

Back