Hot Toys 1/6 - Hellboy (2019) MMS527

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happened with the Alita figure?
She sold out fast, because once people started to get her in hand, and saw she was an amazing figure, due to the full range of articulation even with the clothes on, she became very popular and sold out. This is getting a lot of buzz by reviewers it's going to start selling out soon once more people get their orders in.

I guess a good thing to point out is that everyone currently getting this is getting it regardless of whether they liked the film or not, because it's a great portrayal of Hellboy. A lot of people will have overlooked this because of the film it's from, not realising from the proto pics the amount of care that has gone into making it.

So the people getting the figure who already care or don't care about the film are going to be over the moon with the piece, which will drive any remaining people who like Hellboy but not the film to probably clamor to pick it up - by that point it'll probably mostly be gone by the time other people realise how cool the piece is. And then aftermarket prices will be saying hello.

She sold out fast, because once people started to get her in hand, and saw she was an amazing figure, due to the full range of articulation even with the clothes on, she became very popular and sold out. This is getting a lot of buzz by reviewers it's going to start selling out soon once more people get their orders in.

Ah right cool!
Loved the movie but didn?t get the figure.

I guess a good thing to point out is that everyone currently getting this is getting it regardless of whether they liked the film or not, because it's a great portrayal of Hellboy. A lot of people will have overlooked this because of the film it's from, not realising from the proto pics the amount of care that has gone into making it.

So the people getting the figure who already care or don't care about the film are going to be over the moon with the piece, which will drive any remaining people who like Hellboy but not the film to probably clamor to pick it up - by that point it'll probably mostly be gone by the time other people realise how cool the piece is. And then aftermarket prices will be saying hello.
I 100% agree. The figure just looks amazing, and imposing. He towers over most of the other 1/6th figures that are out, as Justin showed with putting him next to Mando in his video. That's Hellboy! He is supposed to be a big guy as he is half Demon. The fact HT finally are giving us their own version of a Phicen body is so awesome. I'm so hyped I'm going back and reading the comics which is just amazing story telling.

I was planning on passing, at the time it was a toss up between hellboy and pennywise and pennywise won out, but after seeing the reviews had to jump on it , have not seen the movie dont plan on seeing the movie but i aint buying a movie its a figure and the figure is all kinds of dope.

I was planning on passing, at the time it was a toss up between hellboy and pennywise and pennywise won out, but after seeing the reviews had to jump on it , have not seen the movie dont plan on seeing the movie but i aint buying a movie its a figure and the figure is all kinds of dope.
Watch YT videos about the comics you'll get enough Lore and character details that will have you liking the character and world. Look up Matt Draper he did 4 videos on different story arcs for the comics. Or you can also see the two animated Hellboy movies they did a few years back that are actually pretty close to the books, then the actual live action films. Who knows it might get you to buy the comics. Lol

I was about to get it but decided not to it's a cool figure but I have no attachment to the character even If I think it's cool.

Yea, I'm the same. Figure was cool and loved the movie, but had no attachment to the character. When I watch the movie, I want the figure again, but then after a few days I'm good again :lol

Yea, I'm the same. Figure was cool and loved the movie, but had no attachment to the character. When I watch the movie, I want the figure again, but then after a few days I'm good again :lol
Exactly It's best letting an actual fan of the character get it rather then spending money only to have it for a few weeks, and selling it. Lol. Hellboy for sure was worth it to me, I'm willing to get another one from Sideshow (original preorder) but if I'm satisfied with just one I'll probably cancel it, we'll see.

The movie really isn't that bad. It's pretty much jumped straight out of the mid-2000's. If you let you inner kid view it without any judgement of what a good film is supposed to be it's entertaining enough.

That is to say, just go in with extremely poor expectations and knowing it's not a great film, view as-is.

Either way, his design is great and I'm so glad Hot Toys paid care towards it!

I've watched it four or five times, and love it every time for the characters, the dialogue (though Ian McShane's initial narrative reference to the Dark Ages always comes over as trite!), the visuals, and how it would've continued if the film had been regarded as a success (after the discovery of Abe).

It has that grim darkness that pervades the comics. There are some scenes that are downright disgusting. :lol

There is deleted scenes on YT of the movie were the intro is done way better. It isn't black and white and no broom narration, plus the dialogue is better and makes more sense. You guys should give it a watch.

I think I've seen it but would have to check it again. I remember reading about the whole tree fiasco also, a blow-up about the design of it or something. Ultimately, so many different producers had their say in it, it's a shame because the director is competent, he directed one of the best horror films and some of the best GoT episodes.

Should have just let him be.

The movie really isn't that bad. It's pretty much jumped straight out of the mid-2000's. If you let you inner kid view it without any judgement of what a good film is supposed to be it's entertaining enough.

That is to say, just go in with extremely poor expectations and knowing it's not a great film, view as-is.

Either way, his design is great and I'm so glad Hot Toys paid care towards it!

That's just it -- everyone kept trashing the film, but when I actually watched it I was pleasantly surprised. It's a popcorn movie, not to be taken seriously but quite entertaining.

I've read the comics and it's a different tone, but I have no problem with it.

I've not seen the movie and I want this because I just like the concept of Hellboy. There's something about his arc as a character that's very human despite who and what he is.

I've not seen the movie and I want this because I just like the concept of Hellboy. There's something about his arc as a character that's very human despite who and what he is.
You should really get it. That's basically the comics, Hellboy is always tempted by evil into fulfilling his destiny. But he chooses to deny it because he grew up as a human. The world in the comics are aware of Hellboy since he showed up on earth after ww2. Unlike the del toro films which do it as him being a secret for a secret government agency and people don't know he exists.

Wanted to share this awesome photo from facebook. Posted on OSR I can't wait to get him in hand. 148965688_3994708173874100_1990516972873778128_o.jpg

Back