1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Captain Marvel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd also gotten this Captain Marvel poster!!!!! I think this may be my favorite, it's just to evocative of my imagination.

KF4pftS.jpg

I?m curious, what phicen bodies did you use? I was trying to use the Tbleague Gethsemoni but her hair sculpt was digging into the shoulder and popping out. Should I buy a neck adapter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?m curious, what phicen bodies did you use? I was trying to use the Tbleague Gethsemoni but her hair sculpt was digging into the shoulder and popping out. Should I buy a neck adapter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I initially tried a TBL body (in suntan) but the skin tone contrasted the head sculpt much, and to me the proportions didn't look suiting for the actress' physique so I settled on a JiaouDoll body and I think it turned out ok.

Nice Pics Zurdo. You may need to grab another pair of jeans for your kitbash, the jeans are very tight on the stock generic bodies so I'm sure it will be difficult to put onto the phicen or Jiaou dolls with wider hips and cabooses. Only suggestion is to try to wrap the legs in cling wrap first. That will at least provide a smoother surface to slide the pants on. Otherwise, you may need to do some surgery on the silicone around the hip area.

Edit: i just scrolled back and saw your amazing display! Also looks like you already got a separate pair of jeans so disregard above haha.

Yea the phicen skin tones often mismatch with hot toys because hot toys keeps changing up the tones. It's gotten lighter over the years. Phicen only comes in suntan and pale and suntan is their darkest, which will most likely still be too pale. You could try some pastels to darken it, but it takes some work.

Nice Pics Zurdo. You may need to grab another pair of jeans for your kitbash, the jeans are very tight on the stock generic bodies so I'm sure it will be difficult to put onto the phicen or Jiaou dolls with wider hips and cabooses. Only suggestion is to try to wrap the legs in cling wrap first. That will at least provide a smoother surface to slide the pants on. Otherwise, you may need to do some surgery on the silicone around the hip area.

Edit: i just scrolled back and saw your amazing display! Also looks like you already got a separate pair of jeans so disregard above haha.

Yea the phicen skin tones often mismatch with hot toys because hot toys keeps changing up the tones. It's gotten lighter over the years. Phicen only comes in suntan and pale and suntan is their darkest, which will most likely still be too pale. You could try some pastels to darken it, but it takes some work.

Thanks!! :wave I'm just still in awe of my display :drool :drool :dance :joy :bouncin

Zurdo, you are going to use everyone of those NINE Captain Marvel's you ordered...and I'm loving every minute of it!

:lol :lol You bet! :wink1:

Well while browsing the SW subforum I noticed someone who invested in a similar amount of Solo Mudtroopers! :) I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes looney for a particular figure/character! :p

It doesn't seem the Starforce suit is going to be put up (any time soon) :pfft: :gah: though I'm still hopeful, I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddd it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It'll make the collection more complete and would be another grail piece!!!!!! :thud: :thud:

If it were to be released, I'd like the inclusion of the cuffs when she was captured as well as interchangeable bare feet to make it more fun! :lol

Wj64ozK.jpg

:lol :lol You bet! :wink1:

Well while browsing the SW subforum I noticed someone who invested in a similar amount of Solo Mudtroopers! :) I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes looney for a particular figure/character! :p

Yes, but there were multiple Mudtroopers in the movie! It's Ok though, I have a couple of shelfs devoted entirely to Boba Fett...

I finally got this figure (DX) today, but I'm not sure what I think about it.

I ordered this figure when it was announced and back then I was all into it, but after finally receiving it just shy of two years later, I can't seem to be excited for it. It looks nice, but the articulation kinda sucks and for some reason it doesn't feel "right". Captain Marvel isn't my favorite character. The solo movie was fine, but I didn't like her in Endgame. But I wanted to have all the heroes represented on my shelf so naturally I pre-ordered her.

But now I guess I have a case of Marvel-fatigue or something. After Endgame I felt like I was done. The need to have every hero on the shelf kinda disappeared after Endgame.

So not sure what I'm gonna do now. I boxed it back up within the hour after getting it. I might sell it, might hang on to it for a while. I'll watch the movie again this weekend. Maybe that'll help.

The Entity: I’m sorry (for both of us) to say I feel that. I’ve also felt very done too but I thought it was all collecting until I started to get a preliminary sense of what I’d keep and what I’d continue to collect in the future. Most Marvel heroes seem ready to get booted while the newest (and “officially” cancelled) DC are staying, just opened my Mando which sat for days because I had no excitement but was completely wrong and love it. Marvel fatigue is real and happening everywhere but I’ll not sell any villains (screw HT for not following through with figs like Yellowjacket).

Looking towards the next 1/6 figures that have me interested or excited is stuff like Damtoys Ezios, Asmus Dante, BD Mk. 85, Beskar Mando, Ahsoka, Gamora, Nebula and Qui-Gonn.

I ordered this figure when it was announced and back then I was all into it, but after finally receiving it just shy of two years later, I can't seem to be excited for it. It looks nice, but the articulation kinda sucks and for some reason it doesn't feel "right". Captain Marvel isn't my favorite character. The solo movie was fine, but I didn't like her in Endgame. But I wanted to have all the heroes represented on my shelf so naturally I pre-ordered her.

But now I guess I have a case of Marvel-fatigue or something. After Endgame I felt like I was done. The need to have every hero on the shelf kinda disappeared after Endgame.

So not sure what I'm gonna do now. I boxed it back up within the hour after getting it. I might sell it, might hang on to it for a while. I'll watch the movie again this weekend. Maybe that'll help.

I'm kinda flatlining on Marvel right now - like, I really need to get the "new" Avengers Cap ordered. I have every Cap except Avengers. But at the moment just kind of tired of the thought as I have so many of the MCU. Like, am kinda done at the moment. Maybe it's a combination of the long goodbye credit of EG and now Covid is derailing everything; like there's no continuity. Even the MCU D+ series is delayed.

But think it's worth thinking over for the long term what u want on ur shelf a year from now, 3 years from now. Like I can't imagine giving up any of my TWS figs or even my Rescue Cap. I'd fight u.:lol

just opened my Mando which sat for days because I had no excitement but was completely wrong and love it.

I didn't have that -obsessed with the series and also never collected SW before. It's just very cool paying attention when a major new character is introduced into SW lore live action (and about time IMO). That should have been the TFA group - and Captain Marvel for that matter - but poor timing, editing choices, and writing divided fandom and not in a good way.

Zurdo's happiness is refreshing (and feel the same about Winter Soldier - I get a series and at least there will be more CM. So sue me if I own 3 IW Buckys:nana:)

Hmmm, I understand your viewpoint. There's been so many good, to great MCU superhero films, it seems we've been spoiled, heck maybe even more than accustomed to them. Per the figure, agree, the articulation is a bit restrictive, and to me it looks like HT were going for her powered up look for the suit. I quite liked the solo movie, but didn't get to see much of her in EG, but I'm greatly enthralled with the character. Though for me I'm still excited for the figure!!!! :D :D :D

Zurdo's happiness is refreshing (and feel the same about Winter Soldier - I get a series and at least there will be more CM. So sue me if I own 3 IW Buckys:nana:)

:peace :peace Well what else can I say? I just can't help but express my joy for CM! :) We all have our joys and interests and I'm glad I can come to this forum to discuss them. :)

2FA4C13D-E749-4552-98C0-AFC1E1F774B6.jpeg1330A4C1-83DA-45E4-B07D-F2452939117A.jpegAC6455F9-12FE-4ADD-917C-A5099EA74EEC.jpeg

My Captain Marvel display with the Queen Studios Bust and a signed pic I purchased from collector selling off parts of his Celebrity Authentics collection
Even found a mini “Happy Days” lunch box (actually just a plastic key chain) and then
cut off the chain

Why do the pics go in sideways? They’re oriented correctly in my photo library

Last edited:
Back